Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Australia: Black Forest Drive 3.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PEDDRO, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Awesome photos guys - thanks for getting them up here fast for those of us that couldn't make it!

Good work to Corey, Dave & Wayne - looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
    Lazy

2. Wow, great pics and looks a cool event. Thanks!

3. rare32

rare32

looks like a great event guys.

4. 18n57

18n57

Looks like a great outing, beautiful scenery....thanks for posting! Like that green '29 roadster!

5. redroaddog

redroaddog

cool pictures! whats the lic plate on some of the cars that says club permit?...Dave

6. No sweat Swifty,
    Thats hot rodding for you! was great to get amongst it and we had a fantastic day!
    It was painfully obvious thought that the tudor is lacking power compared to some of the other flat motored cars that were in attendance, the 8ba motor was a $300 dollar special so we never really knew how good it was to begin with. This was in all honesty the cars first major long distance event so we took the opportunity to see just how well the car would handle. the breakage wasnt as severe as first thought, the rod exited via the pan and the block appears to be in good health which is a blessing. opportunity is knocking for us to breath life into the tired motor and give it some real poke and address the other upgrades required (brakes and rear end) and chase the small niggles that have surfaced since the build. My brother was on the phone saturday night with Corey discussing the blueprint. time to fine tune!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  7. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Man what a great group of Hot Rods. IM waiting for spring weather to arrive here on the East Coast so I can get my Hot Rod fix. Seeing all those Rods is making me go crazy but once again Im waiting for another storm to hit us with some more snow. Thanks for all the pictures. Corey you did good it was also great to see your Dads Swifty's roadster out in the sun.
    Ronnieroadster

8. Firefly

Firefly

Too cool, Kats!

9. Man,I'm just hyper about the look of the cars that attended,,if the photos were black & white you could swear they were taken in the 50's or 60's.

BTW,,I would love to get my hands on one of those posters. HRP

10. It's a cheaper form of rego that allows you to drive a nominated 45 or 90 days a year.
    You have to carry a log book and if caught without it or not filling it out you will be fined for having the car unregistered.

But for the price you could have 4 cars on 90 day permits for the price of 1 on full rego.

11. robber

robber

Wow! What a great sight... to see all of that old iron cruisin' down those roads, all at the same time! Very cool seeing the pictures of the cars as they are in motion! Looks like you rodders in Oz had gallons of fun and you sure gave me the itch! :D Thanks for sharing your experience, PEDDRO ...robber:)

12. Ok that sucks but it's good to see it will be back better than ever.

13. jimbob

jimbob

So digin that '40.

14. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I ALWAYS enjoy the reports from Aussie Rod Runs.The quality of the cars is great.I even got to the point to where i kinda like those cycle fenders too.

BanjeauX Bob

15. swifty

swifty

Well that's a good news/bad news story Rhys. Bad that it happened but good that the block can be saved. Blocks are becoming rare and desirable items these days as all other parts are ready available. Chappy-the guy with the red 29 roadster was here on Saturday night when I got the news from Corey and he was really grieving over the loss of a flathead block so he'll be happy to hear that news.

16. Another of Dave's 40.

Attached Files:

17. D Staig

D Staig

We missed you Rosco! Better make sure you get to the next one.

Thanks everyone for the pics, Scotty wheres yours?...or do you just pose as a photographer to get rides in historic hot rods??

18. Yep he is just a poser, I think he is taking over from Boris as "The Rod Rider"....:D

19. swifty

swifty

Yeah he even got a ride in my T-bucket and that's usually reserved for American celebrities like Piero.

20. swifty,,your Private Message box is full and won't except any more PM's. HRP

21. swifty

swifty

OK Danny, time for some housekeeping.

22. Looked like a good time. Sad i could not go, next year i hope.

23. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Was curious so I checked out the photos and they are cool photos. Looks a little like old SoCal before all the mini malls and cookie cutter homes. By the way, I am drinking some Yellow Tale right now and does everything go clockwise down there?? LOL

24. 80WTI

80WTI

Thanks for sharing the pics,looked like you guys and girls would of had a really good time, That's what this hobby is all about,

25. Rok 51

Rok 51

Here a few pics from our view of the run. I would like them a bit bigger, but don't know how yet on new photobucket.
    A couple are a bit blurred but ya get the idea.

A big thanks to Corey, Wayne and Dave. This is just one of those enjoyable days in Hot Rodding.

Rocky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  26. Thanks for the pics Rocky. Glad you enjoyed the day again. Thanks for your support.

27. I've gotta say a big thank you to Corey, Dave and Wayne for taking the time to organize this run. It cuts through all the bullshit and focus's on what really matters.

Shame about Bob's forty not making the run, but it wasn't from a lack of trying! Wish I could of hung around at the end for longer, but as it was I only just managed to get home in time to empty the roadster out and go back out again.

Can't wait for the next one.... It's always a great day out.

28. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

Looks like it was a great day!

29. Do you have to been of them fancy invited people to get one them there posters? :)

30. Swifty, my brother and I had a great time at the bbq chatting and theorising with Chappy and Rob with the yellow 32 about the motor issue and the wild tank slapper issues i have in my front end that need to be corrected, yes good blocks are becoming harder to find and after yesterday's tear down the current block in the car is the best ive come across so far. the one i had sitting aside for the stroker motor has some pitting issues around the valve seats but the block that is in the car currently is as clean as a whistle! so im planning on using that as the base for the new powerplant now. i think the car will be shed bound for the next few months while i gather the funds together to get it all happening.