Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang,

Chip here. I know we have quite a few threads going for "T"s in general, and more specifically T-buckets, chopped and channeled coupes, even Gow Jobs and cutdowns. But I haven't seen what I'm looking for.

See, back in the late fifties and as late as into the early to mid seventies, full fendered, mostly stock bodied "T"s were a pretty popular car. Cars like Joe Cruces' coupe, Norm Grabowski's touring and a bit later Alan Kahan's coupe were monthly feature material and all over the place. Sheldin Bardin's Tudor is another I can think of driving off the cover of Rod & Custom in December of '69, and in Janurary of '71, they did a whole issue on 'em!

Thing is, I miss these cars. I do love traditional style "T" buckets, Matter of fact Steel Rebel, FalconGeorge, and a couple others and myself usually end up talking endlessly on those threads, and I do like chopped and channeled coupes too. But other than the Gow Job thread, there is almost nothing out there for full fendered cars. That's kinda a shame, 'cause there quite few cool full fendered cars built.

A client of mine came to me a couple of years ago and said "I want to clone Grabowski's car". Most would answer "So we're going to do a Kookie clone"... Not me! I answered with "The bucket or the tub?". His answer "I knew you were the right guy, 'cause nobody else would think about the tub!!!". Well, last week a club member of mine decided to let loose of a nice complete '25 touring body and fenders, he bought them, so it's on!
    The same time I realized that my "T" stuff growing shrub had yeilded enough stuff to put together a full fendered '24 roadster. I will probably do the chassis for both at the same time.

So, the last week or so I have been spending some time sitting down and looking for some inspiration in the magazine collecttion from hell. Some of these are clearly seventies cars, but use your minds eye and see them in a different paint scheme and maybe wheels.

Anybody else share this little perversion? Whats your favorites? Now mind you I'm not looking for T-buckets with fenders, I'm looking for fairly stock bodied "T"s... scan0005.jpg scan0006.jpg scan0007.jpg scan0008.jpg scan0015.jpg scan0016.jpg scan0017.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How about some more? scan0018.jpg scan0019.jpg scan0020.jpg scan0021.jpg scan0022.jpg scan0024.jpg scan0023.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. brad2v

brad2v

Oh yeah! The Cruce coupe and prolly the Grabowski tub would be my faves.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Some more? scan0025.jpg scan0026.jpg scan0027.jpg

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Lil John Buttera's sedan comes to mind.

Along with a very smooth (despite having rectangular headlights at the time) bright red full fendered 27 T Roadster owned by Frantic Fred Badberg.

I loved that roadster when I was younger.

I could scan and post pictures, perhaps I should. You would be hard pressed to find pictures of the roadster now but Buttera's sedan would be easier.

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Not exactly stock, but a fendered T coupe..

[​IMG]

PunkAssGearhead88 and Bearcat_V8 like this.
  7. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

My Daily Driver From 2005 to 2012

Attached Files:

D.Lee and need louvers ? like this.
  8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Kinda on the very hairy edges of what I'm looking for TexasSpeed, but damn cool!

The curse of having a stupid huge magazine collection is - the second you think your done scanning stuff, your not! How about some more...

Edit: Hey Mata! Sorry, there should be no way to forget your car - hell, following it down central a couple months ago is part of the reason I'm writing this now! As it looks now on the lower line down there with H.A.M.B.er MIKE... scan0029.jpg scan0030.jpg scan0031.jpg scan0032.jpg scan0033.jpg scan0034.jpg scan0036.jpg scan0037.jpg SAM_1735.jpg

9. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

a few others

Attached Files:

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awsome man!

Another down side to having a huge magazine collection is not being able put a hand on a particular picture when you need it... Anybody have a picture of Al Colton's "Owl T" pickup handy? If not I'll dig it up in the next couple of days, 'cause you guys gotta see that. Full fendered '26 or '27 with a coupe/tudor cowl, '28-'29 pickup back panels set on a huge rake with polished Halibrands on the back and polished twelve spokes up front...

EDIT: FOUND IT! scan0038.jpg

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's one from Andy's picnic in Castro Valley in 1977. wonder where it is now?

[​IMG]

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awe 49 ratfink! I love that one! It's in one of my R&C quarterlies from '71 or '72 or so. That was going to be one of my next scans!

In the mean time, more... scan0039.jpg scan0045.jpg scan0041.jpg scan0042.jpg

13. marcus1980

marcus1980

This is my 1927 model t . It not a show car but drove it 1000 miles round trip to the Goodguy show at the TMS.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• tms.png
      tms.png
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
  14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

15. More pics?

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

001 (2).jpg 002 (2).jpg 003 (2).jpg Here is the full fendered roadster I spoke of earlier. Frantic Fred Badburg's, when I post this it will be the first time it has hit the internet.

This is from back in 1985, a period of time in my life where I had no money and it seemed like little hope for the future.

I had a really nice rust free 27 Roadster body that I had for a number of years.

I had planned to do a full fendered build inspired by this car.

Discouraged about lack of funds, and place to do so I sold it and shipped it directly to Hortons shop in Ontario. He built it for the guy I sold it to.

I often wonder how it turned out.

I like the lines of the car still to this day.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Lil' Johns Touring. Okay, it's a model box, but you get where I'm coming from.

Attached Files:

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yep, Chip...You wuz right. I like this thread! Very much...

That Depot hack thing is really cool, so is the closed cab p-cup!!

Attached Files:

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

The olive green roadster at Andy's Picnic is pretty alright too!

Food for thought....
    A '27 T in '71 gives you a 44 year old car. Much like a '67, is a 44 year old car today. PHoook, we are all getting old!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  20. studeynut

studeynut

Here's a 26 I built a few years ago for a customer

Attached Files:

21. My old tub has been on here before. My daughter has it now, but I may get it back next fall when I deliver her T coupe to her.

[​IMG]

My inspiration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]