Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Does anyone actually use their hot rod truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indestructableforce, May 4, 2012.

1. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Im diggin that 56! good job I never like el caminos but that I could get into:cool:.

2. Na hot rod trucks are meant to be in shows not doing anything....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What your truck should look like....IMHO.......
    [​IMG]

3. ukgav

ukgav

I already posted the previous years Christmas tree picture so thought I would update it with this years minus the big teddy! :)
    [​IMG]

One on a regular shopping trip to the supermarket.
    [​IMG]

4. bzrfil

bzrfil

I haul everything but Ass in mine... for now anyways. She's come a long ways but since selling my 4x4 3/4 ton, she's come in real handy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She's not really a hot rod but coming around. I've been off line rebuilding some life projects but figured since I'm back in the saddle and slowly getting time again...

5. mattrod68

mattrod68

[​IMG]

There are people who don't use their trucks?!?

blowby likes this.
  6. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

How else do you haul home parts from the swap meet..

7. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I work out of mine daily!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

8. ben s.

ben s.
    from St. Louis

I use mine.

Attached Files:

9. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I 'used" mine back when!

Attached Files:

10. juanmajors

juanmajors

I have a '40 Ford pick up with 60K since it was built as a hot rod. Drive it everyday in Idaho mountains. Been out to California three times on building projects, I am a carpenter and it has a wood rack, and a hitch. All Chevy underneath, first a 327 now a warmed up 350, coupled with a 700R4 and a Chevy ten bolt with 342's. Gets the same mileage as my Toyota truck and a lot more fun to drive. Juan Majors in Idaho

11. I take trash to the transfer station in my avatar. Almost always get a "nice truck". Never gets old!

12. Mines gonna earn her retirement when I'm all finished. She lived a hard life in her youth. ImageUploadedByTJJ1363832596.354471.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. They should all be built to be driven

Our son and I ran my daily driver 140 miles up to the Missouri Breaks camping for the weekend. A few more rattles and scrapes but thats what its for. Almost too low for the trail but we managed to pick our way along the 10 miles of trail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:Dload em up!

Attached Files:

15. David589

David589
    from usa

Germ told me once that "trucks aren't hot rods". And who can argue with Germ?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

16. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Bicycle hauler.... :D

Attached Files:

17. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Here;s mine in various modes;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Blackie

Blackie

ImageUploadedByTJJ1363836477.195545.jpg

Still a work truck...

19. silversink

silversink

hell yes,no trailer or shop queen here

20. Towing our sons 31 roadster body (oneilfab) sitting on homebuilt frame jig back to his place with our '56 F-100
    [​IMG]

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I've got an OT '68 C10 that I spend more time working on than hauling stuff.. That needs to get fixed ASAP.

My daily driver ('07 CVPI) has big enough a trunk but is a pain to haul the heavy stuff in. Surprisingly an entire F1 front suspension, hub-to-hub, fits in there just fine.. It's no truck however.

22. O/T as hell so I won't post a pic, musclecar (muscletruck? the debate goes on..). 1972 El Camino 20 footer, 454, headers, cam, intake, double pumper, stall converter worked over TH400 4.11 12 bolt posi. Hauls ass and anything else I throw in it. Wouldn't take a whole lot to repaint and make it really nice but then ya lose the "truck".

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  23. Ukgav, I understand stripping the truck, including the grille but where is the radiator? love the truck![​IMG]

24. I use my 6 wheeler every chance I get. We've got this small Wheel Horse Tractor we haul around to shows.

Attached Files:

25. STEVETHEPREACHER, I did you one better... I took the body off of my 1995 Dakota Club cab and put THIS body on it instead! And HELL YEAH the thing is going to get used like a TRUCK. My daily driver NOW is 38 years old (a Blues Brothers "Bluesmobile" replica, not kidding!) and it usually has several different sets of footprints on the hood.

Funny thing is that I'm taking my (OT) 1971 Plymouth Road Runner that I have owned for 26 years to Charlotte in April to sell it for that very reason! I'm paranoid about driving it, paranoid about leaving it sit somewhere out of sight, paranoid about it getting keyed by some moron, paranoid about somebody texting and running their Prius into the trunk... As I get older, er... "more experienced", I don't enjoy "parking lot" car shows at all any more and I want something that I can drive all day every day, rain or shine! So... the Road Runner is going away as soon as I can wash the 1/2" of dust off of it!!!

Attached Files:

• 49.jpg
      49.jpg
      File size:
      358 KB
      Views:
  26. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

This was my old work truck. It was used to haul all kinds of shit. It was a beater. I could go to any parking lot and park in any spot. No fear of door dings.:mad: One day I got the bright idea to take out the old 6cyl and put in a old stock 350 cu in sbc. The engine came out.................and two years later I had to rethink my plans. ;)Well this is the result of a f^%#$ up plan. I tuned it into a pussy truck. Is all it was good for was to haul my ass to car shows.:eek: That didn't last long. Sooooo from a nice old work truck to a show queen.:confused: sold it's ass and never looked back.:eek:

Attached Files:

27. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

My friends got a 49 ford that he hauls wood and shit it. Takes it everwhere upstate

28. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Finally got my 49 F-1 on the road, some bugs to work out but it is getting driven. It will see its share of hauling and I have a 52 canned ham trailer that will get towed around. The truck has a $50 Blitz Black paint job so no worrys there.

29. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I use it for "truck" things. So much nicer than the shiney featherduster types.

30. Domiracer66

Domiracer66
    from The Mil

[​IMG]

My bike hauler..