Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

2. I've got a stiffy.

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just finished spraying the epoxy primer on the floor boards and the top. Tomorrow morning I will be putting on the red oxide.

Then it is off to Larry Fator to letter the quarter panels.

After that we will be putting in the windows, hood and grill shell. We will be starting it tomorrow for the first time and I hope everything goes well.

Then it is detail time to make the Sedan presentable. I already hate the Halibrands!

4. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Me too !!!

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I just had another go around with mine earlier this week. Ughhh... So beautiful, but such a Pain in the ASS!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Me three!

So glad this car is coming together....and I love all the things on this car that get the traditional gestapo's panties in a bunch! hahahahaa

7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

It's a kinky relationship of slave labor and love.

8. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Taking it to the Pasadena Hilton for burnout tests? Gotta make sure the line lock works well.

9. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

I'm sooo envious of your Big Sky garage...It just snowed up here:( Looking GOOD!!

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I selected a tranquil setting and a glass of wine while I slaved away.....

~Robert M.

Attached Files:

11. LOOKS AWESOME!!
    Thanks Bill for posting your photos.

12. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I remember Power Cat tire brand from the early 80's, This might be interactive modern version?

13. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Does that sealer stuff help with mag? Zoopseal? Sharkbite, etc? Really, I don't know, but dayum, those look good when they're done!

14. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

rick, do you know which building the sedan will be in yet?

15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I drove the car tonight:D:D:D

16. You guys work fast for old farts !:D

17. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, Congrats on the nearing of the end result, You said it Rick, "Were Back!"
    That's for sure! I was wondering where that original plate was as Joey has a black one. 31yrs is a long time, I hadn't seen it together since I was 19.

Always thought that it was a shame that it came apart, Thought that Joey should put it back to what it was. Now it's redone and many more people will dig it just as many did when I graduated from Eric's Alma Mater.

Thanx to all you guys that brought this version together, Job well done!!!!!!!! Will be looking for it on saturday, Now I have to clear my pix so I can some get new pix of this one, Do as you say and drive the wheels off of it, but rest as well as this rest is well deserved.!!!!!!!

18. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

That had to be alot of fun!
    especially since I haven't wired up the lights yet !!!!

19. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

It was a very long day for Rick. But this evening he had a million dollar grin when he fired up the E & B sedan, drove it out of his shop and lit 'em up in the parking lot. Sadly, it was 9:30 PM and the lot is unlit, so no pictures of the big event.

Rick picked up the sedan at Pete's shop in the morning and took it to his sign painter for some additional lettering. Later in the day, he brought it back to the his shop where he painted the top insert and installed it with the help of Tim (Merciless Mings). Later in the day, Pete and a number of friends stopped by to help with remaining details (Mike, Scott, Tom, Sheriff John). Scott Schuster was the trouble shooter for some minor problems and he also tuned the carb and ignition. The car now runs great. Mike and Sheriff John cut the plexiglas for the side and rear windows which will go in tomorrow along with the grill shell and hood. A few other remaining details will be handled along with a cleanup before the car goes to the Fairplex for the Hot Rod Magazine show this weekend.

Thanks to Rick's wife Jan for filling us up with In-N-Out burgers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I was a little tired last night so the post was a little short and incomplete. I can't say enough about yesterday's crew. This project would not have happened without Pete and the "guys". Almost all the guys stayed till we finished last night. It really reminds me of the thrashes we used to do with some of these same guys almost 40 years ago. The difference in those days was that we thrashed and helped each other because we were friends and wanted everyone to have a fast, good looking car. Last night I felt the same feelings I had back then. That truly is priceless! My wife and my 2 children that live at home even helped out for a while. Don't underestimate the value of chasing hardware, food and drinks. Again, priceless. One of the best days of my life. Friends and family....can't beat that. I guess polishing halibrands isn't so bad after all.

Again, Thanks to all!

Rick

21. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Rick, Pete and Guys, congratulation , BURN OUT,,,,i could hear the frame now.....Darn, last time I did this we Crashed..HA Ha

22. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, sounds like one of our late night thrashes on your coupe. I'm a little surprised you could even sleep after all that. Car looks amazing and I am sure you guys will have a great time at Pomona. Sure wish I was a lot closer, I would have loved to be able to help out too, just like several? years ago!

23. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks Jack-
    You have a great sense of humor. Are you coming out for Father's Day? I'm thinking of doing something that weekend for all the "contributors".
    Rick

24. Congrats, the car looks great !

25. That sums it all up perfectly. Hot rodding isn't as much fun when you're doing it by yourself. When you're doing it friends, it priceless.

The MAIN reason why I'm going to the Hot Rod Magazine show this weekend is to see the '32. My work schedule for the past 8 months has been unbelieveably insane, but I wouldn't miss seeing this car for the world.

26. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Woo woo! Congrats! Gotta feel good. Loading in today?

27. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Congrats on your first drive!! I remember looking at that Hotrod magazine with your sedan in it when I was a kid... studying every detail! Huge influence:D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Rick, that's cool!!! My "thrash era" was only 25 years ago or so, but I'd give anything to be that happy and tired at the same time again! El Polacko and I used to about April each year pickout a hulk in one of our yards or shops and decide to drive it to LARS... And mayhem would ensue for two months solid or so! Believe me, your car's picture was on the wall during most of those as inspiration, 'cause it it was all about fast, cool, fun, and more that just a little rough around the edges. I seemed to be able to work around the clock when I was 22 or 23 or so.

You guys nailed it! I wish even more now that I could have contributed in some way shape or form to this build...Biggest Congrats I can give!!!

29. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Pete@ Rick: Congrats on the First fire up. Lots of smoke,And and Big Grins. See you at Pomona.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Your dead on right about that Alex! when your doin' hot rodding by yourself all day it becomes work! Oh, wait, that is my job...