Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest WARNING: I'd strongly advise Caution Dealing with Larry Brown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lono, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

i am actually shocked by the ending. way to stick with it.

2. daddio211

daddio211

Good job. Taking the high road pays off!

I hope this thread stays up forever to serve as a warning for his future customers!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. Jogyver

Jogyver

Congrats on the "happy ending" ya get fugged and a refund.:D
    It looks like ol LB try's to be a 3rd party seller. What a fuggin dirt bag!

4. Good job man! Way to stick to yer guns.
    Glad it all worked out.

5. belair

belair

Congrats and thanks for letting us share in your victory. Too bad he won't ever get arrested.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Glad to see this worked out for you, good stuff.

7. Lono

Lono

sometimes you just dont know where things lead...

8. The confusing thing for me with this whole thing.....is there something wrong with what I thought was very common...a consignment setup? A consignment shop would be a third party, and certainly not have the vehicles transfered to their name. All of the comments I read sounded like anybody doing this must be ripping people off, and I don't think this is the case any more than any other type of sale.
    I'm certainly not defending LB, I just think it's wrong to put everyone who consignment sells in his catagory.

9. daddio211

daddio211

I think the issue is that he represented the car as his own, originally stating the title was in his name. Canadian import laws require that the seller's name is on the title, right Fred?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

yah...that's kind of what i think is going on, too. i wonder if this guy is one of the reasons you see "....and i don't need any help selling the car." at the end of a lot of Craigslist postings.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Oh shit. I'm the first one to misspell a word!:eek: ASSAULT. There. Got it. Thanks for catching that.:D

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I don't try to be politically correct. I just write my opinion on stuff. The same as everyone else. Your "blanket party" tactics WERE a good way to deal with issues like this and others. I was in the military and know full well how effective they USED to be. BUT, in TODAYS world of twisted rights and sometimes laws, resorting to yesterdays "good old boy" justice system doesn't apply, nor is it accepted by the authorities. Ask me how I know.

That's all I was trying to say. Does the douchebag deserve an ass whipping? Probably. Is it the right course of action? No.

Following due legal process will get this guy shut down or maybe even in jail. To me, that's better than a blanket party. It'll last longer.

And, IMO, the "Captain Kickass", "Internet Over Lord" attitude of handling things, that gets tossed out by some people, is a joke.

Anyway, now it's resolved and....... shit........ NO blanket party needed. Cool beans.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  13. James427

James427
    BANNED

A little clarification on the above.....

"If this guy is a Dealer licensed by the state he could get his license pulled for this kind of stuff."

Not true. In most states (if not all) Dealers do NOT transfer ANY cars into their name before sale. The purchase of a car by a dealer is considered more like wholesale goods and inventory and there are sections on most titles for a dealer "assignment" where the dealer can legally sell a car in someone else's name by "assigning" to the new owner. IF he is a legal dealer, asking him to put the car into his own name before he sells it to you is a) not required, b) adds great additional costs to the transaction and c) serves no legal or logical purpose.

HOWEVER, if he is NOT a legal dealer, it makes sense to request such a thing.

14. Lono

Lono

From all accounts, Larry Brown is not a licensed Dealer and I can not find any legal documentation that Collector Cars And Parts Exchange is a licensed business.

Buyer Beware... and in this case BE AWARE.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  15. Rob3865

Rob3865

This is why I always do deals like this using Postal Money orders. Because then, you can sue for mail fraud, which is a federal crime.

16. It makes no difference where the money order was obtained. Mail fraud is mail fraud and the penalties are the same whether it was cash, check, money order from the 7-11 or anything of value. It's the act of using the Postal Service for fraudulent purposes.
    There is also wire fraud which covers illicit wire transfers and the such

17. jimbanner

jimbanner

Good job Lono! Way to stick with it. I wonder how much future money this clown cost himself with this deal, you never know if one of us on here would've come across one of his cars some day and thought about buying it? Not now!!!!

18. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

If i remember, i seen in this thread back in 08 he was cough up in one of his deals(scams) he must be slick or lucky. Hope you can take this scum down. Glad you got the money,good luck finding another car.

19. Lono

Lono

I'm sure if anyone buys of ebay, they may have run across him.

Be safe... be informed...share knowledge.

20. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Larry Brown, hes a clown, that Larry Brown, hes a clown..

Now nobody will be able to forget him or get that stupid song out of their head :D

21. farmer12

farmer12

Well done Lono for getting the money back!

22. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I'd still have to get a few thugs together and go on down there and kick his trailer off the blocks......

23. 19-c

19-c

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. even the name "Larry Brown" sounds fake lol

24. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

A guy who says he will sue you for everything you have or ever thought about having has #1-- Never been sued or sued anyone
    #2-- Has never been a juror in a civil court.
    Tough guy talk on a keyboard.

25. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Perfect! Right after he theatens to not send the money, he chickens out and sends it! I am so glad you called his bluff and got your deposit back! Way to go!

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Postal money order limit is $1,000. KInda hard to buy a $28,000 car with postal money order.

28. Buy 28 money orders.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Lono, so glad to hear it worked out OK. Tough job but you did it. Now go out and have some fun.

30. Beau

Beau

Ironically, there is a Brown Larry Towing Company in Quincy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.