Register now to get rid of these ads!

New England Dragway in Epping. Got photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Apr 21, 2009.

1. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

hers is a couple [​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  2. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

3. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

4. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

5. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

6. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

7. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

8. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

9. Church Key

Church Key

That is the Booth & Michaud "Pussy Galore" from Maine. The name came from the popular James Bond character,played by Honor Blackman in the movie Gold Finger. I have a Drag News picture of the car running at Sanford. The car is also on the cover of Eastern Drag News, June 25, 1965 issue. I am having a problem with Photobucket and can't post any pictures. Can you tell us where you got the car and I hope this is being restore back to its former glory.

10. Church Key

Church Key

This is the former "Orange Peal" of Pete Tropeano after it was sold.

11. Church Key

Church Key

This is Rick Picard's fiberglass body Model A, based on a Tropeano chassis. Notice the for sale sign...Rick would later buy the Mondello & Matsubura fuel altered from California and run it here for a few years before retiring. The Fiat is now back in California fully restored as the Mondello & Matsubura AA/FA.

12. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Here's Ricks AA/FA this body was in my shop before being shipped back to Cal. The Mondello & Matsubara Fiat was powered by a record setting BBC. Rick installed Hemi power with Jimmy King tuning the car . The car was later sold to Ray Warren who never did anything to the car Ray ended up selling the car with a 392 for around 15K http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYiXAFXQCzs

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  13. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Anyone remember a 1958 vette that was from Woburn, Ma. that ran at Epping? Owner lived down the street & the name excapes me. Might have been a M/P car in the 70's. Believe owner also ran a fuel car.

14. 1949*john

1949*john

wow !!!!!!!!!!! thanks

15. There was a light green 58 Corvette that was owned by John Frongillo from Wakefield that ran a 421 Pontiac in it.John bought the car back some years ago and still owns it I believe.He owns a body shop in Wakefield last I heard.
    There was also a 57 Corvette(actually there were two;one was a D/Gasser and the other ran C/Gas)owned by Wes Callahan and Ross Blasingame and driven by Ed Whyte. Wes' Auto Body was in Woburn I think.I lettered them back in the early 60's.Here is a pic of one of them.This particular car was returned to stock many years later by Ed.

Attached Files:

16. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ray. Here are a couple of larger pics of both cars. John does still own his 58 and is still in Wakefield (joined the Strokers couple years ago).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1blown57 likes this.
  17. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Kewl cars but the vette was def in west side of woburn. I thought I had pix ...

18. I had a light blue '58 while living over on Washington Street in the mid to late 60's

19. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

folks,

Great pics...thanks for posting !

20. paintworks_unlimited

paintworks_unlimited
    from Dover, NH

Great! I'll take all I can get. It is being restored back to it's glory. "Pussy Galore" lettering and all. It is owned by John Martin who bought it from Michaud back in the day. We are doing all the work on it.

22. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about this one that Rob and Ross raced.(the red one was the Hayseed).
    [​IMG]

1blown57 likes this.
  23. That looks like the other one! Thank you sir. I've been going through some of my older pictures and hope to get some transferred onto the computer and posted before too long.

24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your welcome Ray. Here is another pic of Ross Sr and Ed with the 1st Corvette.

[​IMG]

25. Thank you again sir! Did you ever see that car after Ed got it and turned it into a stocker? Red with white coves and a 57 fuelie motor.I guess he sold it shortly afterward and I think started on that pro street 65 Vette.Been a long time since I've seen him.If you ever get to see him ask him about the time we were trying to start his Olds powered 40 Chevy convertible(Doug Whitehouse's old car)with Pat Drinkwater pushing him down between the ponds in Golden Hills with his 56 Olds. I still get the shivers when I think about that one.

wheeldog57 likes this.
  26. 64sshemi

64sshemi
    from weare n.h.

;)I also raced at Epping in 68 and 69 in street elimanator, mostly in the B/MP class. Some of my fondest memories were racing against Eddie white and Doug Juonis. Most of our races were side by side going thru the lights! Great times,for sure.
    Thanks for posting these photos from NED, great memories
    Paul Wentworth;)

27. Church Key

Church Key

[​IMG] Here is a photo I saved from Drag News of the Pussy Galore car. This picture is also on the cover of the June 25, 1965 issue of Eastern Drag News. My copy of EDN is missing half of the cover so I don't have a good scan of the car.

1blown57 likes this.
  28. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

hey jack, its nick,..did pete ever find his old car?

29. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

here is another one of ross's vette,thats my uncle in it when he was like 18 yrs old!,lol[​IMG]

30. Church Key

Church Key

No he did not. There is a guy down the Cape, that claims to have it, but it is not Pete's old car. The car down the cape is a most likely the old "God Father" car, that was owned by Leo Marabeto and built by Tropeano.