Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Goodguys KC - Canceled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bryceaugustine, Feb 15, 2013.

1. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Oh i'm not pissed about it, but a few years ago they say they aren't billet wheels and let me in. Then they changed, my car didn't. So then I just went to GoodGuys. Sure there are tons of shows I can go to, but this show is local, and now there's no GG, just wont do anything that weekend. That's why I said I can't get excited about it, that's all.

2. Is Greaserama held every labor day? and at the Boulevard Drive In? Usually at the lake but will make plans to attend.

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Paint your wheels with flatblack rattle can pain for the weekend.

4. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Haha! Never thought about that, maybe I can paint them rusty brown to match the car...

5. as far as i understand it yes. laborday weekend every year. boulevard drive in.

6. we have it every labor day weekend, keep checking out greaserama .com for soon to be updated details

7. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

what are some Nice hotels close to the show? Gonna try to book my rooms in the next few weeks

8. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Probably a little south on I35 like on Shawnee Mission Parkway or downtown KCMO. Not alot close to the drive-in.

9. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Cool thanks! Not real familiar with KC so i didnt wanna end up on the wrong end of town . Also didnt wanna end up down town and have no where to park a trailer.....(yes,unfortunately the little A model will be on a trailer. Just cant fit a car seat in it with me and the wife)

10. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Since you are going to using a trailer I wouldn't go downtown KC, stay further south in Overland Park or even Lenexa. There are decent ones probably 10 minutes away.

11. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

sweet! Thanks ill make sure to book in that area.

12. davidh73750

davidh73750

I got word from a little KC bird that greaserama won't be at boulevard anymore. I won't miss the dust but will miss the movies at night. Only year I can complain on those was the one with the 70 lucas film that flopped with duval. it was snooze ville. Saw thunderoad first time there.
    Missed last year but where ever its at this year in kc area I'll go.

13. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Anybody got any hints of where it will be?

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

just said it was in the works and that show had outgrown boulevard.. Hinted it would me a more open area? bands playing at night possibly instead of movies.

15. Greasarama is a better time/atmosphere, just put that extra GG bucks ya'd save in the tank and go there instead....

16. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  17. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

I have no worries there. i dont have a single scrap of billet on anything i own.

18. Abomination

Abomination

19. davidh73750

davidh73750

20. A.A.Additude

A.A.Additude
    from NE Kansas

Des Moines is a way better show than the speedway.. Lest everyone is forgetting about the Ol' Marias, Ottawa Kansas show too that is around the same time.. I say GG stay in Des Moines for us midwesties and promote Greasearama and Ottawa,, both of these shows are over the top cool man.. As far as Heartland Park,, GREAT venue but Topeka sucks for hotels.. GG would have to reserve every hotel in topeka to have a show there I fear..

21. davidh73750

davidh73750

they make up for it in strip clubs( so I hear) lol

22. The website says its 20-22. so its close but a few weeks later. definitely cant forget about that one.

http://www.olmarais.com/carshow.htm

23. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  24. I always feel bad when a promoter puts on a show and gets rained out. It makes a show a complete loss and any vendor will tell you , that is a bummer. Putting on car shows is a gamble and I understand when the numbers don't work. Venues cut off their nose to spite their face.

25. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Sheraton Overland Park is very accommodating when we stay there for GG. They have plenty of room for trailers and are fairly secure.

26. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

thank you! ill check that out

27. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

28. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Somebody should take a look at Tulsa. Fantastic fairgrounds, hotels out the kazoo and good restaurants. NSRA had nationals here in 73 and 77 I think. Just a thought that it might be somewhere different for people to go. I like Springfield but hate OKC.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

29. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

30. jetmech69

jetmech69

NSRA Springfield MO and Frog Follies in Evansville