Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 392 Hemi Model A roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oneilfab, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

i bought all my suspension parts at the Portland swapmeet last year, got it from a dealer pretty sure he was from california... the spring perches are just regular after market spring perches that i cut short and got re threaded to fit into the bonez, i also got a sleeve machined the width of the bone with a taper in it to match the perch and welded that in the bonez. the axle is a so-cal piece

2. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Your roadster has a killer stance. That is gonna be a fun one to blast around town in:D

3. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Thanks! cant wait to get it done and burn some rubber!

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

You are doing some great work on your A roadster - showing real skill!

5. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Looking real good, and the Hemi makes me drool some...

6. Very nice. It definitely has "the look".

7. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Got a little more done on the floor in the past few weekends, bent up and rolled a drive shaft tunnel and got half way done the trans tunnel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

started building the front section of the trans tunnel, turning out to be a little harder than i thought! its just sitting in place in the next picture, still need to do a little work to get it to fit right
    [​IMG]

8. farmer12

farmer12

Great fab work as usual, awesome!

9. LKR

LKR
    from Australia

Awesome project, very nice!

10. n847

n847

Great fab work...Thats gonna be a killer roadster!

11. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks! heading to the portland swapmeet in a few weeks, hope to pick up some parts and make some more progress on it!

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'll be interested to see how you tie the floorboards all together and hold them down.

All welded solid ? Or just spot welded to the sub structure and the rest seam sealed ?

Post pictures along the way and the finished floor. :)

13. rideordie

rideordie
    from Oregon

Very nice work!

14. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

to answer your question on the floor "Blue one", i'm going to spot weld the flat floor sections to the trans and drive shaft tunnels, they both have a flange on them that the flat pieces sit on, then going to stich weld underneath to the sub structure, only place i'm going fully weld is the trans tunnel to the fire wall, and trans tunnel to driveshaft tunnel. once thats all done i'll seam seal the rest

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Great, it looks good. Any idea on a really good quality paintable seam sealer ?

Most likely something from 3M I would imagine.

16. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks! i dont know of any good seam sealer off hand, i have a buddy who's a body man at our local GM dealer, probably use what ever he recommends

17. Fuser 123 seam sealer is a great two part product that doesn't shrink and crack.

18. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice build....I have a '28 five window in waiting, 331 Hemi and 5 speed! Inspiration for sure!

19. johnod

johnod

Just ran across this thread, nice build.

20. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks ryan, i'll have to check that product out and maybe come talk to you when its time for paint!
    thanks tbcworks.com and johnod, i get alot of inspiration from all the awesome projects on the H.A.M.B too!:D

21. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

coming along real good. I like bed liner under cars and trucks, I think that would seal any seams.

22. 204carcrazy

204carcrazy

I used UPOL Raptor tinted bedliner 2 coats but it didn't cover the seams ,so I would seam seal first. it did a nice job otherwise

23. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

havent done much work on the roadster lately, but i did make it down to the portland swapmeet a few weeks ago and bought a few things, picked up some front shocks, and headlights and a headlight bar that i'm going to cut up and a new set of firestone bias ply tires from the coker booth, 6.00x16 fronts and 7.50x16 rear. still need a set of rims for them tho, i did manage to borrow a set of front hubs and some 40 ford steelies and 6.00x16 tires to try on the front of the car, it made a big difference, love the way it looks with the tall tires and steelies on the front. My girl friend also surpised me with a really cool 50's microphone for our 2 year anniversary. going to make a sweet shifter knob with it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Great Job-Very Impressive! Dig'n the Conso Too......

25. johnod

johnod

Looks good, so does the Nova.

26. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks! The canso is my highway cruiser, its got a ramjet 350, tci mustang II and tci 4 link with 4 corner ride tech air ride, i've never posted a picture of it cause its not really HAMB friendly with its 18 and 20 inch wheels! but its a great car

27. johnod

johnod

O Canso, even more rare.:)

28. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Man that looks great!

29. Blackcherry

Blackcherry

Hey Neil, great build post. Took me awhile but I finally found your build. Look forward to your progress.