Register now to get rid of these ads!

regristration inspection stickers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kront45, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Kront45

Kront45

Any one know anything about shrinking stickers for small windshield of chopped 32 ford...New York,,I know it isn't legal,but how can I get it done ?

2. 5window

5window

Take out your windshield and xerox the sticker on the reduction phase of a copy machine. Then, shave of your old sticker and glue the new one in. Seriously, if it's illegal and highly visible, why do it? I tend toward not doing highly obvious things that will call attention by the police to my car-at which point they can search for the less obvious things and start issuing tickets.

3. Fenders

Fenders

I have seen very chopped rods having the sticker on the passenger window...
    Don't know if it's right but.............

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

You admit that it "isn't legal" and you come here for advice?

DUH!!

5. How chopped is it ? I've seen some pretty hammered lids run them in the correct location, think I even seen one run up and down instead of sideways.
    [​IMG]

6. Kront45

Kront45

Lighten up Francis

7. How big is the sticker? This is just a question the missouri sticker isn't but about 3/4-1" tall and about 2 to 2 1/2 long.

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Whats a stick-a ?

9. Kront45

Kront45

Car is from MO,nice small stickers.I think I'll leave inspection sticker, and cut edges from reg sticker....this way I won't be asking HAMBers to be complicit in my"crime"

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea, really. Just stack em up...

Attached Files:

11. It's the white looking rectangular sticker in both cars pictured.

12. You have been on this site 5 minutes and think that Ryan would be OK with discussions about illegal activity on his site? :eek:

13. I drove my 37 chopped Ford 1-2 years with the inspection stickers on the pass. side. The only comments I got were from my buddies and not the police. Later, I decided to put them back on the driver’s side to shut up all the wise guys. My .02

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get your state representatives in gear. NC did away with stickers years ago, it is an electronic system now. :)

15. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Brer, the sticker has a bar code on it that the officer can scan. They are a pain in the ass though, especially on an early car, they're always coming "unstuck", flapping in the breeze, etc.

Hey Phil, I think Ronnie actually scaled his down and reprinted it to gain a little visibility in his coupe?

16. could be or the sides trimmed off, which happens to be the sticky part

[​IMG]

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

For many years Harley riders have carried the inspection sticker in their wallet

18. Larry T

Larry T

Not in Texas (and a lot of other states).

19. thebugbox

thebugbox

Why not have them put it on some lexan and suction cup it to the windshield as needed.

20. Yea mine is stuck on a fork tube between the tripple clamps. I got stopped on a road trip once and was told that my inspection sticker had to be clearly visible. I asked the officer if he even knew what color the curretn missouri sticker was. he was not impressed. Thats Jackson for ya I suppose. ;)

Swade, thats not a sticker its a bead sheet man. looks like the old city liscenses that a lot of town around here used to require.

21. I hear ya, PB.

In Virginia, any vehicle registered as an antique don't need a sticker but I run this just to mess with the local gendarme:

[​IMG]

Most of 'em who notice think it's hysterical....

22. I've seen NY inspection stickers scaled down before, is it really worth the effort? The registration sticker is much bigger than those.

Bob