Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. How will you reattach the truck skin to the inner panel? You may have already discussed this and if so sorry for asking again. I like how you took it apart to clean and prep both sides and eliminate any and all rust.

2. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Jeff. I do check out the group about once a week, but it appears as if it has died down the last few months. Hope this lack of interest/time is only a temporary thing for all the members involved.:)

3. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks David. Re-attaching it will be done like it was. Spot welds. I'm going to drill small holes along the inner panel edge and weld it to the outer skin. Then clean it up and it will be as good as new.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Well Bart and I arrived in Houston yesterday and went straight from the airport to meet up with fellow Hamber Joe (oldskooloval). Joe showed us around his awesome shop and took his time to explain everything in detail. We even got to meet his lovely wife and kids. Thanks again Joe for taking the time. What a great guy! (probably due to his Dutch background :D)

Attached Files:

5. farmer12

farmer12

This morning we drove from Houston to Austin and met up with Rocco and the guys at Austin Speed Shop. He showed us around the shop and we just had to buy a t-shirt. Thanks again Rocco! (Rocco atx here on the Hamb)

Attached Files:

6. Hi Eric,or should i say "Dear Mr. Travel king"? your trip looks good, have fun over there! :D

next time you're around i'm back on the track again!

Cheers, Carsten

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You're in Texas, eh? Oh yeah.. Good-Guys show this weekend, right?

Hope you enjoy Texas!

8. Peterson32

Peterson32

It was nice meeting up with you guys glad you got to stop by the garage did you find any free shows to see for sxsw?

Jeff

9. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Carsten. Having a great time over here, as always. Hope to catch up with you soon!

Loving Texas! And yes, we're off to GoodGuys this weekend. The last couple of days have already been awesome, just meeting a lot of great people and enjoying every minute of it.

10. farmer12

farmer12

The pleasure was all ours Jeff! It was great to meet you and Bob and be able to talk to like minded people with great skills and thoughts. Thank you once again. Here is one awesome pic of all of us. I love it!

Attached Files:

11. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Car is looking great, are u staying in Texas for roundup?

12. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Eric. Unfortunately we could only manage to get 8 days off work, so we won't be at the roundup. It is certainly one of our future plans though.

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You know what they say.. There's no time like the present. ;)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. 48plysled

48plysled

Them guys at Austin Speed Shop sure do have a nice set up. I'd love to move to texas at some point and maybe work for a place like that or set up my own deal. Could ya ask for a better job than hot rods and customs every day?

15. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Damn it,you got the best job ever,Eric!
    Travelling all around the world and meeting fellow hambers and got paid for that.
    What comes to my job,last travelling gig i made was in early 2000's to near Russian border.Instead of meeting cool hambers,i met there local winos,who thought i was a new bouncer of the local restaurant.You just cant win always:D
    Btw.Nice work with the door!

16. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

austin has always been one of my favourite shops
    so nice to see you getting in touch with so many great people eric!
    and i think most of them are thrilled to meet you as well
    you even met bob at austin, if you haven't already, you should check out his music, the jade idol or bleed, i listen to it all the time!!
    keep up the good work!!

17. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Perry! Bob is a great guy for sure, even gave Bart and I each a cd. (the Jade idol/ no control). Absolutely great music for sure!

18. farmer12

farmer12

Yesterday, Bart and I got to meet Brian Bass of Bass Kustoms. Brian has been an inspiration to me for quite some time, so it was absolutely great to meet him. He showed us around his shop and we ended up talking early Fords and Hemis for the next hour. He even started up his Hemi powered coupe for us. Bart made a quick vid, so I hope I'll be able to post it somewhere in the future. Thank you again Brian for taking the time.

Attached Files:

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Brian = ruler. Looks like you're having a blast!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. farmer12

farmer12

The thought has crossed my mind as well.....more than once.

21. Oldskooloval

Oldskooloval

We really enjoyed you guys stopping by to say hello,I just finished reading your build,took me three days!Just awesome is all I can say Eric,speechless!Hope you guys really enjoy yourself here in Texas and have a safe travels.Joe

22. art.flame

art.flame

i wanna be your co-pilot .. you meet the best people around there

23. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Joe for the kind words and yes, we're really liking it here in Texas. Damn, that is some serious reading, if it took only 3 days!:D Thanks again and it was great meeting you too.

24. farmer12

farmer12

Wow! Just spent 3 whole days at the GoodGuys show and it was awesome!!! (pics later). It's been so busy, I haven't been able to post a lot on the thread. You know how it goes, show during the day, big dinner, to a few bars, staying too late, sleeping too short....

But on thursday, Bart and I met up with Jim in Fort Worth. (jbtine here on the Hamb). We ended up spending more than 2 hours at his garage talking cars. He's got some nice cars including a 39 Plymouth truck, a 29 model a with a desoto hemi and of course a 41 Plymouth coupe. Jim's in the process of rebuilding it and he's doing a great job so far. It's going to be killer, especially with the planned 354 hemi. Thank you once again Jim!

Attached Files:

25. jbtine

jbtine

Eric I enjoyed meeting you and Bart. Glad the weather cooperated too. It made for a comfortable weekend at the speedway. You two have a safe trip home.

26. farmer12

farmer12

We met up with Jay (29jay here on the Hamb) at the GoodGuys show. It was great seeing his 29 model a and Jay taking it out on the autocross circuit. Jay has just started his own speed shop in Fort Worth called "Riggs". It was nice meeting you, your enthusiasm regarding building hot rods is great to see!

Attached Files:

27. hemi v8

hemi v8

Like last year, it looks like you both are meeting the right people. Hope you guys are enjoying yourself in Texas. Can't wait for you to get back in the garage after your inspirational trip. Oh yeah... Bass rules!

28. farmer12

farmer12

Here are a few of the 300+pics we took last weekend. It was awesome!!:D

Attached Files:

29. farmer12

farmer12

Yep, we're meeting the right people indeed.:D:D:D (just put on a funny accent, tell them you're from Holland and then this is what happens.)

Attached Files:

Car likes this.