Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. indy43

indy43

The #36 Champ Car owned by Don Rogala was driven by Johnny Rutherford, Mel Cornett, Billy Vukovich, Pancho Carter and Jimmy Caruthers from 1971 - 1975. Please email [email protected] for more details on the #36 car.

2. indy43

indy43

The #36 Champ Car was owned by Don Rogala and driven by Johnny Rutherford, Mel Cornett, Billy Vuckovich, Jimmy Carruthers & Pancho Carter from 1971 - 1975. Please contact [email protected] for more details on the #36 car

3. indy43

indy43

The #36 Champ Car owned by Don Rogala was driven by Johhny Rutherford, Mel Cornett, Billy Vuckovich, Jimmy Caruthers and Pancho Carter from 1971 - 1975. Please contact [email protected] for more details on the #36 car

4. indy43

indy43

Don Rogala owned the #36 Champ Car driven by Johnny Rutherford, Mel Cornett, Billy Vuckovich, Pancho Carter & Jimmy Caruthers from 1971 - 1975. Please contact [email protected] for more details

5. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

They present a good case but I find it kinda odd they don't show any before/during restoration pics.... Just saying.

6. KK500

KK500

Thanks for the contact............ and welcome to the HAMB.
    Have passed the info to the car's owner here in Australia.
    Jim Grant

7. Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

There's quite a chance that both cars turn out to be "less than original". Maybe it really IS burried in the desert?

8. gcrparts

gcrparts
    from ohio

Im going to pick up the car this week ....I will check it for the chassis number...Thanks for the Help.....Keith

9. sideways27

sideways27

I have sent emails to both Jim Mann and Mecum regarding the car. Lets see if we get a responce back. It states Jim found the car and started restoration and then sold it. I am also meeting with Arlen Kurtis today and will ask him if anyone ever contacted him regarding this car. Arlen receives calls all the time when someone is restoring one of his dads cars asking for info and drawings.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  10. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Elmer at the wheel of his Wally M. built rig. I believe this is the car he put over the fence at Phx. Didn't actually compete in that many races with it so it was pretty low mileage when wrecked and he gave up on the dirt.

Attached Files:

11. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

I thought we had gone thru this before.........A friend asked if I was interested in some stuff. I gather up old race cars and know a lot of the folks in this hobby. There were loads of great tools and lots of race cars, sporsts car a neat Harley and many neat older vehicles, model boats , all sizes of model trains, In fact a moter heads dream.
    I have a bit of stuff myself and only needed a couple of truck loads of the stuff. The Regala car was there with an earlier time partial restoration.
    there was a roller there with the Rogala 36 nose on it. I knew it was not the Rogala car and could not recognise the chassis, {I do know the difference.
    I needed the big offy so I bought it for my Deb Snyder Miricale Power Hillegas. Along with a 220 fresh offy out of the Vargo sprint which I need for my Sweikert car. Hiding under a trevis body was the Strapoli 66 chevy 11.. Loved it so I haule that out with a bunch of other stuff including the original body and early header and brackets.
    I am now tired of typing .. I alwys like to help folks in this hobby if I can. But I think we should put this #36 to rest. I never had the Regala car and never claimed it was what I had. I got a ton of famous stuff and some not so famous stuff. I have learned that it cost just as much to feed a mule as it does a thorobred. I had first pick at the pile and got what I wanted. End of story!!!!!!

12. baldtireman

baldtireman

Is the "Tinker Joe" Martincic roadster a Trevis creation?:confused:

13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Don't know for sure, Joe was from the Cleveland area. I've also found out he was a pretty serious drag racer at one time too.

14. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Well, Shiver Me Shamrock! :D

Attached Files:

• pats.JPG
      pats.JPG
      File size:
      207.2 KB
      Views:
  15. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Good one for St. Patrick's Day, Rootie!

16. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Well put. ;)

Thanks Stan!

17. Nickolas587

Nickolas587
    from usa

I gotta post a couple shots of dads new one. Its almost ready for lettering. Finished up the Nerf bars today.[​IMG]

18. sprintfreak

sprintfreak

After about a year of hard work I finally finished my 1966 CAE sprint car which was owned and driven by Bill Roynon from Tampa ,Fla. The car was raced in IMCA ,USAC ,and weekly in Tampa at Golden Gate Speedway. Thanks to Dan Shaw for the great lettering job and Ray Butchie for the great upholstrey.

Attached Files:

19. sprintfreak

sprintfreak

Here is a picture of the car back in 68 or 69. Bill had a few different cages on the car after a few spills. This is the same chassis and a few original parts but some had to be reolaced. I still have the original body and some other parts in the shop.

Attached Files:

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Nice job Sprintfreak. What is the induction system in the B&W pic?

21. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Weber IDE ?

22. guffey

guffey

I thought I would post a photo of the Christenson Ruby chassis with some of the wrinkles out of it. There is still a long way to go. That is a Mac Miller nose and tail setting on it

ruby roadster  qq.jpg

23. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Looks good, coming along nicely.

24. HOTROD98

HOTROD98
    from idaho

Super cool job on your # 9 CAE car SPRINTFREAK , Awesome sprint car.

25. sideways27

sideways27

All you Kurtis Kraft fans, I will be listing some nice items on ebay that you may be interested in for your collection. I have just entered a Indy car Poster that is very nice and signed by Arlen Kurtis. There are more items coming in the future and some very rare items from Frank Kurtis. Keep your eyes open.

26. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

sprintfreak, the CAE turned out Great!!

Guffey, Long way to go but it looks like it has already come a long way! Hard to believe that was hiding in that mess.

27. racer5c

racer5c

hey all you long time thread followers, I recommend you you back to the first page and read this whole deal over again! you will be amazed at how much you missed the first time

28. David589

David589
    from usa

I gotta post a couple shots of dads new one. Its almost ready for lettering. Finished up the Nerf bars today.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

29. guffey

guffey

I just got this photo the other day and it was on ebay a couple years ago? I didn't see it.

ruby roadster.jpg

30. I gotta admit, Macmiller does smooth, excellant work!

Hey guys, anyone recognize the make of this grill? I thought it might be Edmunds, but not so sure now.

[​IMG]