Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see YOUR workbench!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Mar 14, 2013.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It occured to me today, as I shuffled stuff around on the hood of the '59 T'Bird to do something on the Diamond T, that's really a shame to use a chopped T'Bird as a workbench.

Next project after the truck is to clean the bench, paint it and start enjoying it, instead of using it as catch all...

Attached Files:

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

empty your toolbox on the floor, throw in some scrap metal, an empty soda can, a few used paper towels and a cat. thats what mine looks like right now.

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Im right there with you except my cat dont trust me ever since a little mishap in the barn

4. .... any horizontal surface ..... adios!

5. I'll let you see it as soon as I can!!! :D

6. robwizard

robwizard

I am also currently using the bonnet of another car as a workbench.. it also happens to be the car I drive! Which I have decided I care less about than the car I am building..

7. I cant even FIND my work bench right now

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We've pretty much gotten rid of every flat surface in the shop, including a workbench. They all become places to sit something down, and pretty soon you sit something else down, then something else again.......etc. Pretty soon you can't get to the bench to use it for it's intended purpose, so it is just better to not have one.

We do have a steel welding table on wheels that is 2 x 4 feet and we do most of our fabrication on that. But even it gets loaded up with things that shouldn't be on it and we have to keep cleaning it off to use it.

Don

9. I haven't been able to actually see my workbench in a few years.:)

10. robber

robber

I have a few work spaces, but this one is well lit and the bench top is stainless so its easy to keep it wiped down and clean... robber:)

Attached Files:

11. Here's my "Fabulous Fab Table" (is it OK to name my table?):D It was in my dining room until I got married............but now that I have it I don't know how I got along without it. I also have a steel table. That's a must have for me.

Attached Files:

12. Drewski

Drewski

I usually work off this roll around workbench. I like being able to take it to what I'm working on.

[​IMG]

13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

LOL, some of you make me feel better, and some make me feel like even more of a slob! Those can't be shops, I can see the floor in a couple of those pictures...

Brian

14. I would post a photo but I'm I don't want you guys to know what a slob I am.:D HRP

15. I only take pictures after cleaning the shop. 20 minutes later, it's all on the floor!

16. Yeah,,My workbench actually has several layers,,reminiscent of strata in rock formations.

It's akin to a archaeological site,,I spent a lot of time digging and ever so often I find something no one has seen in years!:D HRP

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  17. Yep Flyn- I just caught myself the other day and had to stop working and clean up so I'd have a bit of space on my bench- was using the roof of '56 porsche to lay tools on, till one started sliding and I snapped out of it!

18. You have time to put rubber bands on your tool leads:eek::eek::D

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Silly boy. Those are Felcro cord wraps. All of us OCD guys have them.:p

20. Yea, my workbench is the floor I'm ashamed to say. Maybe someday I'll have a real shop.

21. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Took me a week to find where I left it! But I just finished getting it cleaned off so I can reload it! Now I'm off to the other one! See how long that takes to get back into use!

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
  22. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Well yeah, I'd like to see my workbench too, it's over there behind the Model A frame standing on it' side.

23. FLOOR??? YOU HAVE A FLOOR???? I'm jealous now all I have is the dirt of the ground with a carport roof above it lol , last time I saw my bench was when I moved it into the storage that's supposed to be a wood shop lol :D

24. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

This one was my Grandad's. Small space but everything within reach. I'm in the process of building a shop more worthy of the bench.

[​IMG]

25. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

Heres my work benchs. Not good shots but it will do.

One wood
    [​IMG]

One steel
    [​IMG]

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Yup, they work great! I like to think I have mild OCD... :cool:

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Drew, that's a neat bench. Your's is painted and clean, vs mine which is in multi layers of sanded off paint/primer and dirty, but, I will be able to DRIVE mine when it's painted and clean!:D

28. Play bench....

[​IMG]

Work bench.....

[​IMG]

29. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

My workbench has been burried for a long time. I've got to throw out some junk and get serious about organizing the leftovers. I have a very small garage and my bench is completely covered. I resorted to mounting a bench vice to a picnic table outside for workbench space. Pathetic. [Head bowed in shame.]

30. This is a shot across my shop when I was building my 32 pickup in my then new shop,,the work bench was just starting to pile up.:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]