Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glass guy Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie S., Aug 28, 2012.

1. Louie S.

Louie S.

I chopped the top on my a and i need someone to cut the glass, any ideas?

2. That should not be a problem. Make a cardboard pattern and take it to your glass shop. The windshield must be of windshield type glass the side windows can be tempered glass.
    It is all flat glass.

3. Louie S.

Louie S.

yeah my local glass guy said he couldn't do it, hence the post. I already made the patterns for him.

4. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I will get the guys info that Sean had put the glass in my Chevy after the chop tomorrow, get Richard to remind me or get my number from Richard and I will see what I can do.

SN

5. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

Bought mine from Chris Blattie from MT here on the h.a.m.b. Good prices and great work...

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

A glass shop that doesn't cut flat glass?

7. Louie S.

Louie S.

Yeah he was some douche behind the counter, the guy in the back cut a piece for my 57. Thanks Sam

8. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

If u don't mind driving 100 miles east there's a guy here in Beaumont that water jets them he did mine for fifty bucks. But there are some cases they will break. "Jamcoupe" on here had his done and it broke.. Gues I got lucky

9. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Sorry reread thought u were talkin windshields

10. thebugbox

thebugbox

What glass shop doesn't cut laminated safety glass? I haven't regularly cut glass in 20 years but pretty sure I could still pull it off. Try a 'house' glass company, not a car one. Most of the car ones are just parts changers.

11. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I can't remember the name of the glass shop, but they are on the old Business hwy 35 in Alvin TX on the north side of town, near where Nasa Road One dead ends into Business 35. The guys that runs the place is certainly HAMB friendly. Keep in mind Business 35 not bypass hwy 35.

12. bigDrew

bigDrew

13. Just went to Glass and glazing here in Texas City today to get some glass for my girlfriend's house. They can cut laminated saftey glass, clear or solex green, specifically for antique cars, if we bring them patterns.

14. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Need a recommendation for a Houston Auto Glass guy that goes mobile. I have the windshield, the gasket and the car. Just need the skilled labor. I called AAR in Spring but they No-Showed.
    Thanks,
    Scott

15. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

Contact Porter glass and mirror up north and for the guys down south call clear glass on 610 loop by 45 south...

16. Actually, Auto glass shops should be able to do flat laminated glass.
    I worked 16 yrs in the Auto glass business and cut everything from Hot rods to Earth movers. I did a lot on the road, which was pretty entertaining show for the customers watching me throw denatured alcohol on lami and setting it on fire. What guy doesn't like fire? ;)

17. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Jacks Glass on Kuykendal
    Does everyone with a hot rod in Houston!

18. txturbo

txturbo

I use Affordable Auto Glass.....just tell them you have everything and just need it installed. They do mobile glass replacement. As far as the OPs question....if they said they couldn't cut flat glass I would find another glass shop. Any glass shop should be able to cut flat glass, especially if you supplied the pattern.

19. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Thanks Kyle!

20. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

True, but they do not have a mobile service. I called them and they referred me to another guy, we'll see how it goes.

21. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

I will give them a call, thanks TxTurbo!

22. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Porter Glass doesn't do automobiles :(

23. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

We use Soldier Glass at work. He takes the out when we need them removed in one piece, he re-installs them when the car is done. He cuts glass. He comes to our shop. He does ALOT of work for our shop. JohnSoldier Glass12823 Butterfly Ln Houston, TX 77024(832) 816-1075

24. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Called John Soldier glass and he sent Brent who was awesome. Totally recommend them! Thanks for the tip HighSpeed!

25. Popo1984

Popo1984
    from Houston