Register now to get rid of these ads!

New magazine in the works

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Haven't seen it yet. Logo turns me off.

2. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Which device did you find it on? I still can't find it on my ipad.

3. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I also have a few other subscriptions on www.zinio.com and that's where I got it.

4. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Ordered a copy, looks interesting......

5. Keep

Keep

So once again Canada gets screwed.

US sub - $75
    Canada sub - $140

How is that possible?

Does look like a decent mag, but $12ish an issue is a bit steep.

6. fantail

fantail
    from Vancouver

Ok I need a show of hands from all rodders in the Vancouver Canada area.......how many of you are interested in getting it locally

7. That's a big call for someone on their first post.
    Did you sign in and read the rules about Intro posting?:eek:

8. I got mine right from Paul himself selling them out of a cardboard box at goodguys. We talked for good while and I think the mag is great and does a little coverage for everyone involved in this hot rod world. I do think we as the HAMB can make sure our type of cars are covered in features as well. Remember if you know of a cool car send a email to Paul at the mag and you never know it could end up as a feature in the mag.

9. fantail

fantail
    from Vancouver

Tall order...maybe......just trying getting a feel for the number of people that would buy it if available locally.

As for the "Rules about Intro Posting" It was a long tiring day and after reading the comments from the Canadians up here I just jumped in and posted.

So....sorry for the lack of an intro......:eek:

Hi guys.....I'm a displaced Kiwi living in Vancouver that follows rodding and drag racing in the Pacific Northwest/Western Canada. I subscribe and submit to NZ Hot Rod magazine!.

10. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Glad to hear that you liked Issue #1, April issue is at the printer and will be available in approx. 10 days.

Is your roadster done or still in progress? Send some current pics if you get a chance [email protected]

Paul

11. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Issue #2 (April, 2013) is now available. To purchase go to: www.RoddingUSA.com and click on the BUY tab which also shows a list of dealers that carry it. We will be at the Lone Star Roundup this weekend with an indoor vendor space.
    Thanks,
    Paul

12. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Paul: I sent you an email on 09 Mar/2013.......to date, no response.
    I fully understand you are a busy fellow, but it sure would be nice to have my questions answered......

Thanks!
    James

13. I just bought my second copy of Rodding USA #2 nice pictures great looking magazine. Also e mailed Paul pictures of my Hot Rod for future Paul responded in less that 15 minutes.

Frenchy

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I hear Graffiti Publications have it.

15. 'Mo

'Mo

High quality magazine. I'm impressed!

16. If you look at the typing ability of a huge number of posters on this site, it will occur to you that maybe a typing error has occurred when the email address was written. That would account for the no reply aspect .... :rolleyes:

17. Yep Graffiti Publications does have it, got a copy off Larry at the nats last weekend.......seems o/k mag.........looking forward to #2......andyd

18. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I'll see a copy at the Castlemaine Swap tomorrow. I understand the same people that have something to do with a Hot Rod Magazine in NZ also have something to do with this new magazine.

19. Yep. Paul & Liz Grace. Owners of New Zealand Hot Rod mag.

20. Issue # 1 has been well received over here in the UK which reminds me, Paul, if you're reading this, I'll get my order in for #2 in the next couple of days . . . or are they already on their way ?

Personally I think it is a welcome addition to the mags currently available
    and it benefits from being produced by rodders who are journalists rather than journalists writing about rodding.

Gloss finished cars are simply HAMB cars with their make-up on ! hehehe

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I knew I was correct but did not know the names. I have a copy now and will have a good look later. I am also told issue 2 is not far away.

22. fantail

fantail
    from Vancouver

For anyone in the Vancouver (Canada) area B&N Hot Rods will have Issues 1 & 2 for sale at their booth at the upcoming BC Classic and Custom Car Show at Tradex.......April 19th- 21st.

23. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Glad you liked it and thanks for the compliments. Issue #2 is on its way, let me know when you receive them.

Just returned from the Lonestar Round Up...great show and it will be featured in Issue #3 which will be out in three weeks.

Paul

24. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

James...sorry that I did not reply but I never received it. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Paul

25. jalopys

jalopys
    from El Paso TX

Paul Martinez is good people. If anyone should have the right to start a magazine it's PM. He has the experience and the know how from both ends of the industry. I'm don't subscribe to any magazines because of what they have become...it seems it's more about how they are getting paid and forgetting on what it all started out in the first place...Hot rodding. This is one I recommend.

26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Just got a copy of issue 2. Looks just as good as issue 1.

27. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Paul: I just did a search of my sentbox using YOUR email address, and that is the address it was sent to (and it was copied & pasted off of your webpage, just to avoid any risk of typos).....I will re-send along with an additional question.......

James
    ==========================================================
    ==========================================================

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I picked up issue 2 at So-Cal Phoenix earlier this week. Still pretty good stuff. If you are looking for a critique, for some reason it's still not quite grabbing me like it really should. Not sure why though, I can certainly see the quality approach going on here. There is a giant uncredited photo of some of my best work on page 20, but that is pretty common with my stuff... It always seems to be attributed to the body shop that paints the car. The history on Squeege is awsome! Is his little track car back in AZ again? I would have sworn I saw it a couple of weeks ago here in down town Phoenix.

Paul, please don't take anything I say as a complete negetive. I have been reading and enjoying your stuff since the first article you wrote on your coupe in Street Rodder in '78; April or May I think? I literally own EVERYTHING in print about hot rodding since even before Hot Rod magazine was and I still can't quite tell you what "reels me in" as far as a magazine goes. As I said before, I can see the quality that you are shooting for, and I'll keep buying as you tune further.

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I liked the garage build in issue 2.

30. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Issue #3 was proofed yesterday and is on the printing press today at our printer in Phoenix, AZ. Although we have switched to a bimonthly schedule you will receive the same high quality product. Issue #3 features the Lone Star Round Up in Austin, TX, the Portland Roadster Show and several swap meets along with a nice assortment of feature vehicles: 1932 Ford roadster, 1932 Ford 5/W coupe, 1934 Ford 3/w coupe, 1940 Ford custom coupe, 1950 Olds Rocket convertible and a 1956 Chevy pickup.

The new 1 year (six issues) sub rate is $38.00. You can pick up Issue #3 at select dealers (see www.RoddingUSA.com for locations) or on our website. Issues #1 & 2 are still available.

We will have an indoor vendor booth at the LA Roadster Show in Pomona, CA June 15-16. Stop by and say hi and pick up your mags.

Paul M.