Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Great 8 Detroit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Mar 9, 2013.

1. A Boner

A Boner

The great #1..... my pick is the Rolling Bones/George Poteet red 34 salt flats styled coupe. Of all the cars and hot rods there that is the one I would like to take home, and drive the wheels off of it!

2. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

Ill tell yeah what, i was honored and grateful to get the experience and time to work over my christmas break from college at CAL Auto Designs! Andy is a great guy and does a great job using traditional aspects and adding a modern twist i look up to this man. As a brother i wish i had and a great friend! He's helped me come up with my own great ideas. His usual workers are all younger then 25. Erik Hanson 21 traditional kid straight out of the 50's best fab man his age in my mind. David Larsen 22 college student great body man. I only was there over break I'm 19 and I'm just learning and I'm going to SCC for machining and the beautiful 40 Ford Checkered Past has some great engineering feats and designs I'm blown away by every inch of this car. Yes it has plenty of $. Yes it drives and runs my best bud Erik who built the engine ran it and yes he drove it! In my mind it is hamb friendly how many young men do you see doing this lately in the past 10 years... We all have love and respect for creativity, art, and tradition...do we not? I love traditional built cars im in process of working on one a 1931 model a coupe period to the 60's. Erik also has one. David wants one. Ron wants another traditional car built. Just to let you know they are no different then us...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks for posting Darrin. Gary

4. Well I like a bunch of the Great eight cars for all of the things I like to look at. The 40 is my pick, then the Buick. I wouldn't personally own any of them even if I had the cash as they just aint me.

But like most of these cars I like to look and see what I like and dont in the small details. I think these types of cars in some was inspire us all, Even if it's only to turn your nose up and blame the guy for having to much money.

In the lower hall pictures there where a lot more in my personal taste. But there also some fair ugly stuff too. So it wasn't just the great eight that had it's share.

Mark Shearer

5. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

heres behind the scenes pics b4

Attached Files:

6. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

And some more.

Attached Files:

7. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

last one.

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for the photos. It might be hard for folks to realize just what goes into a Great 8/Ridler car It's sort of mind-boggling.

9. slimpick

slimpick

Here is a different kind of Autorama "coverage."

Attached Files:

10. Thom Metz's T track roadster with the Whippet nose. Love that car.

11. I'll never be happy with something built to a judges sheet. And builders of these are about as much hot rodders as NASCAR builders build stock cars