Register now to get rid of these ads!

Queen City Roadsters Birth & Rebirth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

driving on the wrong side of the road sure would take some getting used to.

4. Jive-Bomber Jay - Cool vid! ... Thanks for sharing!

5. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reminds me of the Danville Dukes, everyone is "President".

(o{}o)

6. Thanks for the great video! Those are some beautiful cars!

7. mgbtc

mgbtc

Great video! By the way, what about your barn find, how did it go?

8. WOW, this is a pleasant surprise to wake up to. The rebirth of Queen City Roadsters came about when I started my roadster project and my pure fascination of the club. I also wrote an article in the 500th issue of the New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine on the Queen City Roadsters.

9. I think New Zealand must have the highest ratio of gearheads per population. When I left a little over 30 years ago the population was only 3 million and there were over 100 hot rod clubs, 3 drag strips,an aftermarket industry, their own Hot Rod magazine since 1967 etc. They were lucky to get American cars in the early years. It would blow your mind if you heard how many old American cars have been imported over the last 20 plus years.

10. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

cool, thanks for sharing!

11. ForEverFour & Kiwi Kev - I wondered how long it would take for you two to chime in! :rolleyes: :D

12. Steve 38

Steve 38

Nice work! Did you put that together Greg?

13. awesome cal from the hotrod revue makes awesome videos check out his website for more.. great stuff

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Really cool, thanks for sharing!

15. autobilly

autobilly

No doubt, the Kiwis "get it"!

16. poptops

poptops
    from MN.

Great piece. Yes roadsters are fun.

17. truckjim

truckjim

Rodding without attitude. What a great idea.
    Thanks for a great start to my day. :p

18. woodbox

woodbox

We are having the best summer here since the 70's! Real roadster weather! And my roadster is still sitting on blocks.....waiting while I finish the damn kitchen!!!!
    One day I hope to run with the QCR..............soon!:cool:

19. catdad49

catdad49

Cool stuff right there. You either get it or you don't. I like it !!!

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

21. hmmm QUEEN CITY= cincinnati ohio atleast around here it is

22. von Dyck

von Dyck

New Zealanders are a pretty laid back society. My family and I visited Kiwi land in August, 1985, South Island one week and North Island the second week. In our two weeks, we saw one hot rod - an early '20s C-cab Model T cruising in the rain, likely on his way home from work. Different traffic sound too: Thousands of four cylinder powered vehicles zipping around, all in a mad rush to get somewhere. And yet, Kiwis are friendly but not pushy!
    And so, if you drive an early hot rodded roadster, along with your roadster friends, you would be the center of attention.
    You live in a nice country. Cost of living is quite high. National Geographic did a feature story on New Zealand several decades ago, entitled,"The Last Utopia?" Was particularly enthralled with the Marlborough region on the north end of the South Island.
    Have the fender laws been abolished, or do you require special permission from the government the run open wheel?

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

Thank you for sharing.

24. Yes you need to fender cert

25. Thanks for all the great feedback on here about the Queen City Roadsters and New Zealand hot rodding in general. We live in a small country with a great American car and hot rod/drag race culture. The fender laws is as simple as a Fender Exemption which can be applied for as a member of the New Zealand Hot Rod Association.

We are currently gearing up for the Beach Hop and the Leadfoot Festival both this week followed by the Scroungers Hot Rod Blow Out the week after then the week after that the Nostalgia Drags and Club Champs weekend. Lots on and plenty of visitors from the USA and Australia attending these events too.

26. Ahhhh....makes you proud to be a kiwi!! Roll on Hot Rod Blowout!:cool:

27. SoCal

SoCal

Thanks for posting it up.
    And thanks too to Greg and QCR for letting us point cameras at them for the day.
    Was a few years back now!

28. striper

striper

Nice cars and great video. That's the future of rodding as I see it.

Just have to say I'm jealous of that fender exemption.

Pete

29. Thought the same thing...a great video though!

30. Sorry I beg to differ. Fender exemption is a restrictive, draconian law which requires a person to belong to a dysfunctional organisation, a member club of said organisation, and compusorily attend two functions a year that are sanctioned by said organisation. Never mind if a guy doesn't particularly like any of the clubs on offer... its the law. Never mind if a guy doesn't like any of the events available to get a fender exemption.... it's the law. Never mind if only a small minority of rodders belong to said organisation.... it's the law. The Scroungers Blowout is far and away the best, most interesting show in the yearly calender, and the only one in the whole country I am interested in going to..... and it's NOT a sanctioned event.
    It's no small wonder that a good portion of rodders put cycle guards on to get their cars legal, then remove them and take their chances.