Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought a 1961 Cadillac Eldorado GM factory custom off craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here's a pic of my kid in the LaSalle11 which Joe Bortz kindly let him sit in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Cyclone looks really small and low next to my behemoth.

Greenblade and kiwijeff like this.
  2. seatex

seatex

Your car is stunning. WOW!

3. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

hey nads, i've been watching this thread and never posted because everything good about this car had already been said, but i just want to congratulate you on doing an awesome job bringing this car back and giving it the kind of recognition it deserves. job well done and i hope you enjoy it for years to come, eddie.

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It was great seeing you and meeting your family at Amelia this past weekend. Your Cadillac looked great on the show field! Congrats!

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thank you, you are rad!!!!

6. pg409

pg409

A prestigious show to be invited to and to park at the Cadillac pavillion to boot. Good seeing you there............we noticed you were having fun !!!:)

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It was great meeting you and your wife, I saw your hot rod patch and I immediately thought, "My kinda people", that's what I am at heart, a hot rod/custom type, that I have a Caddy at Amelia Island doesn't change anything.

8. Looks incredible Nads. Nice honor to have it shown there

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Wow, congrats on the Amelia Island showing and double on being next to the Cyclone, one of my favorite GM concepts. The car looks great.

10. Pretty spectacular! Good on ya. That car looks soooooo nice!

11. Did anyone from the Cadillac Blog attend Amelia Island? Apolgies were in order if they did.

12. i love the h.a.m.b. , and i am so glad you ended up with this car.

13. Congratulations Nads......

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

More pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The interior of the 56 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham town car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The whole family and my wife and daughter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    Greenblade and kiwijeff like this.
  15. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing tale and an amazing transformation. You deserve the accolades, thanks for sharing the story!

16. happy happy happy .. and your wheel covers stayed on too fine job ... now go polish that acrylic purse of your wifes :)

17. belair

belair

Rarified air, there Nads, and well-deserved/earned.

18. I see you dressed up for the occasion ;o)

19. Ramblur, El Dawg, Mr. Tomato Head(my Bro) and me made the trek, up to the show Sunday. Was SO cool to see our very close friend, on the show field, lookin' as proud as a pappa, with a newborn. Any and all attention was well deserved.
    Glad I could lend a little help in this epic journey, from "barn find" to "show stopper".
    Hope there is another thread, on the other incredible Amelia Island show cars, cause I'm anxious to chat about the likes of the Miller Indy cars.

In retrospect, was worth every ounce of the 3 hour drive and high cost of admission.
    BTW..big thanks to Ramblur for rollin' us up there in his "camper". Sunday morning Bloody Marys at 70mph is the only way to fly. :D
    (none for the driver;))

JT

20. The car is turning out very nice.
    Mark

21. You can take the hot rodder out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the hot rodder!

Congrats Nads!

22. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It was too crowded to get a good shot of your car, Nads. But here ya go, Gary

Attached Files:

24. Ramblur

Ramblur

Wow,its Wednesday and I still can't wrap my head around all that was
    Sunday at Amelia Island. Much thanks to the Kahn's for sharing their
    Craigslist Cadillac's debut. I expect it may be a while before Nads feet actually touch the ground again and rightfully so.

Who wants to bet that he personally tweaked the wing nuts on the show plate?
    [​IMG]

Or that in six short months he was able to take it from here;
    [​IMG]

to here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gathering of Cadillac concept cars was,well, Fintacular and likely not to happen again any time soon.
    [​IMG]

The infamous 'missing' hubcaps that we've watched Nadeem dread,sweat,and bleed over, at least to my eye (and the camera)
    look like they were born there. Win!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up till now, you've never seen 'power parking' and 'Nads' in the same sentence,but I'm telling you he had it going on Sunday. Tucked sweetly
    between the 59 Cadillac Cyclone and the steps to the GM Cadillac display
    you absolutely could not miss the 61. A few more things going on in this next pic. Notice the suited gentleman perusing the SO 50110 details and of course the cops,aware of Hambers in attendance, were never far away...:p;)
    [​IMG]

I'll close with a few shots of the 59 Cyclone,what a stunner.
    [​IMG]

The door opening was amazing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Jakespeed63 for putting our little roadtrip together too.

Greenblade likes this.
  25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thank you so much Jeff for the kind words and really great pics. It was great seeing my friends from down Central Florida way make the trip, thanks for being so supportive.

26. Nads,That is just awesome. Congratulations.

27. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I agree .. you did a Outstanding job on the Wheel Covers.. They suit the car very Well... Hope you and Yours had Fun.. Looks like it was a Good time there.. Cool cars to.. Thanks for sharing..

28. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

Its been a while since i last saw this thread and i have to say Nads, bloody awsome job you have done there, great to see her all shiny again and you have done a superb job indeed saving such an icon of Cadillac

massive congrats for an absolute blinder finding her on craig's list and getting her to where she is now

and that Cyclone is something special and very nice too
    Matt

29. Very cool, the Cyclone and Nad's 'Le Mans' both very sexy cars. I'm glad you were able to park next to such a vehicle and it pleasures me to see these photos after watching this thread and the car progress from the start. Congratulations on what you've done so far.

So.... what's the plan with it now?

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

don't know, probably just drive her, obviously a new top would be nice too, I can't get into a total restoration right now. If a 60 Eldorado Brougham shows up, she might have to go.

Greenblade likes this.