Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB "Vintage" Tool Box Club

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by daveydeuce, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DavidInNYC

DavidInNYC
    from New York

Wow Ramblur, that's a wild work station.

I thought I'd share a few photos of the cart I bought a few years ago.
    Nowhere near as elaborate as yours but I wouldn't have anyplace to put something so large.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okie Pete likes this.
  2. Nice save! This is in incredible shape considering that its original purpose was to hold heavy hydraulic jacks and frame clamps in a body shop somewhere. If you don't use it in your shop you might consider a paint job and fitting it with a butcher block top. Would work as a storage cart in a large kitchen or for an outdoor barbecue.

3. Ramblur wins hands down......That is one bad ass work station and worth big bucks. It need to be restored for sure. Sure would like to see photos after it is done.

4. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

subscribed

some great stuff here

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

David in NYC that thing is beautiful

6. RCL

RCL
    from Oklahoma

Just picked up this set last week.
    MAC bottom with Matco middle and top. Made in 78 and 79.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  7. dragracerz

dragracerz
    from chicago

Yes, they had red or the two tone blue/gray. It is pronounced "Hue-it"

8. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

I picked up two vintage tool boxes today: A Pressteel rollaway and a Craftsman. I have wanted a Pressteel rollaway for a long time and this one has a very cool story that goes with it. The seller thought the cabinet was made by Nash because of the badge but I explained that it was made by Pressteel (pre-Proto) and the badge was off a car. He said that his father in law - the original owner - had worked at the Nash dealer and he had always figured that the toolbox was also made by Nash after he inherited it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I scored this 60s Craftsman box from a biker chick that was trying to trade it for weed. She didn't want to sell it because she only wanted 420 so I had to explain that she could buy weed with the money. It took a while but she eventually caught on then loaded it in my car for me.

[​IMG]

Okie Pete likes this.
  9. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Ever since I saw this one I've been looking...that was a year or two.
    Found this today at an antique store...20 bucks later and I got a project!!

Now, I've got to decide what to do with this Old Timer.... I'd guess it's very early...maybe 20's Galvanized but the latch,henges, and handel is brass. I believe it's manufactured or was made from a heluva craftsmen. Teh edges are built up and rolled and the top is two pieces (hip roof style top and underside flat panel....the top is a bit crushed down...I'd like to pop it out but can't get to the backside..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    Okie Pete likes this.
  10. Nice find!:cool: Get 'er spiffed up, have it pinstriped and paint a big ol' eyeball right between the wings! :D

11. Dicky

Dicky
    from Minnesota

A very very rare Canadian Snap-On Tool Box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okie Pete likes this.
  12. 5559

from tn

Ive got a snap on top- mid & lower box I bought used around 1985-----and a box & tools I bought from my shop forman when he retired in 1988.-that box is like Fonzie's in the early shows of happy days tv series

13. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Does anyone have an idea who made this box? It's on my bucket list, but that eBay vintage tool box category is a ball-buster!

14. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

tool box.jpg

tool box 2.jpg

tool box 4.jpg

tool box 3.jpg

my dads old huot box with newer craftsman mid section, he gave me this box when i bought my own house with a garage. I would like to find the correct mid section for it if huot made one....

Okie Pete likes this.
  15. beatcad

beatcad

i have been loving this thread for a couple years now, but never had anything worth adding to it. guess i do now.
    i got this 1976 proto box a little over a month ago for free 'cause the bottom drawer was messed up. it was missing 1 of the slider retaining clips and one of the clips was installed backwards!
    a couple phone calls and emails later i bought 2 brand new clips from proto(stanley). i dis-assembled and cleaned and greased every slide and made liners for the drawers out of carpet runner.
    [​IMG]

i picked up a couple more older boxes this weekend. pix comin later.

Okie Pete likes this.
  16. janbuick

janbuick

I have this old box
    [​IMG]

Okie Pete likes this.
  17. Here is my newest one:A handmade tool box built by a good friend of mine's father.He was a sheet metal fabricator and this one shows it.The edges are rolled around round rod and the bottom is only two pieces:the sides are one piece and the bottom is soldered in. The handle is a turned piece of solid copper.The inside originally had a small tray(it's missing)but one of the braces to hold the tray is gone.
    I lettered and antiqued it to honor the maker's father(my friend's grandfather)who owned a sign shop in Toledo Ohio in the 1920's.He also worked as a striper for Willys-Overland in Toledo prior to that.I know because I am currently guardian of his sign kit.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  18. Here is my latest find via e-Bay: A vintage DeVilbiss paint spray gun with 3 additional fluid jars(with caps for storage) in their original heavy steel box.Haven't dated it yet but it looks like 1950's or a bit earlier.With shipping I got it for under $40. A nice addition to my vintage paint equipment collection.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  19. More tool boxes!!! Yes I am a boxaholic but I can stop............anytime.
    First up is a vintage Sherman-Klove box scored at an antique shop for $10. Next is an OLD square top Kennedy machinist's box with original key.Needs new felt liners and a couple small dents removed(if I can get the drawers out;the early ones don't have the drawer releases).Price: $20.
    Last is a JCPenney three drawer tool box with tray that I got for $2!

HELP ME!!!!!! I CAN'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  20. So I'm thinking "Sherman-Klove??? What the hell's a Sherman-Klove?" Good thing the label was in such good shape. Now I know what S-K stands for. You got toolboxes and I got an education!

Sorry to hear about your boxaholism. I talked to a guy a couple weeks ago that was addicted to brake fluid. But he said he could stop anytime. :p

21. Dicky

Dicky
    from Minnesota

Should work for larger tool, I'll use it for a few years, then sell it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okie Pete likes this.
  22. DrivewayDave

DrivewayDave

New guy sharing my Vintage 22" Portable Union Steel Corp WW2 Military Machinist's Mate Tool Box pics. Got it Tue with tools shown -red tote caddy for $10@ a going out of biz Napa Thrift Store. Refurb'd the box & tools w/liq det, Evaporust, & wiped down w/syn brake fluid. No before pics but needless to say they were very dirty & rusty.

I hope U like?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2013
    Okie Pete likes this.
  23. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

Here are a few pics of my recent CL find. It is an almost perfect CRAFTSMAN from the 50s or 60s. -Andy

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  24. DrivewayDave

DrivewayDave

safariknut, Super finds & buys. Very nice indeed. Those will be very practical. I've got to find some like those out here. Happy refurb'g & fishing for more, since you can't stop!

25. DrivewayDave

DrivewayDave

Wow, it's gorgeous, what a super find, enjoy that to pieces, nice goin'!

26. DrivewayDave

DrivewayDave

27. D.Valentino

D.Valentino

Thought I'd share my restoration projects. Since this is a vintage toolbox forum, I'll give you this link. http://1951snapon.blog.com/1951toolbox/
    [​IMG]
    But you can check out the main page of a really cool toolbox carrier.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    Okie Pete likes this.
  28. Another Kennedy found at a storage sale;$25 with tools.Tools are already soldfor more than I paid for the box.Cleaned it a bit and threw a coat of grown hammertone paint on it and lettered it up.Going up for sale at the Sins of Steel show next weekend.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  29. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

in love!

30. I don't know which I like better; your brush work or your wordsmithing. :confused: :rolleyes: