Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. Are you talking about the spectators, or the "exhibitors", or both?

2. millersgarage

millersgarage

When I was downstairs a few years ago, they busted the guys next to me for having "adult beverages"

3. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

4. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Rolling Bones have four spaces in the basement. Wiat until you see whats wrapped up in the shrink wrap. looks like Ridler material.

Attached Files:

5. I'm just saying hide em well boys. I got a text today saying security will be searching coolers etc. I don't know if it's ever been "legal" to byob , but we were doin it anyway. I guess we will see what happens Thursday morning

6. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

It seems like prohibition is the new word at Cobo.
    So, we all need to be Bootleggers!

7. View attachment 1881634

Late nite again...not sure if I'm gonna get it together to drive in...thrashin away...brakes are bled..Tilton screwed up and didn't send the Trans retainer bolt...set 2 shoulder boots by mistake...i will say the bolt they sent looks the sane in the bag...but it came today next day air....gonna set the hydraulic throw out bearing up in the morning...if it goes good I'll have the motor Trans in before i have to go in to work...so it probably won't get its s shiny new paint job....we ll see...I'm supposed to be moving in Thursday AM....

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I'm sure your in good company with a lot of folks... never enough time for the deadline... hey, at least you will have headers poking out both sides - the Singlefinger crew will have them believing I got a banger in mine... look forward to seeing the Topolino at the show... I'm rolling in this afternoon and I won't be polishing the rust so if you need anything - have Larry chase me down... best of luck

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just got to Motown last night,.... got a good nights rest, And Autorama starts for me tonight at 10:30 P.M, And ends 9:00 A.M. Sunday morning........... I'll put up a couple pictures at 2:00 A.M. or there about if I can figure out how to use my I phone ,............ If you see an old fart about 6'2", with a Autorama staff badge wandering around aimlessly in the mornings, with bloodshot eyes wearing a Road Knight Jacket (or MHRA Jacket) and carrying a empty thermos ,... It just might be ol' Harms Way.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Just pour your beers into a Vernor's bottle (20oz or 2ltr). They'll never know the difference.

11. It's offical, big crack down on acohol this year. It's all about the consession people and like someone said it never has been ok to bring beer into the hall.

Be Creative;)

12. Hey Rudy thanks for the heads up .....I only wish they served something other then Bud or Bud lite.....lol......maybe a good Canadian Ale.... ;)

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I hope it's a Roadster-shaped beer keg...;)

14. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Heading down today to help with the display and I'll be there saturday, no wagon this year :(

Only clear liquids then huh? :)

15. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

FAB32 and I will be there tomorrow to hold down a couple of lawn chairs while Scott, Dave and the other mid-Michigan guys move in. :D

16. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

there is always away around this no out side beverage thing lol

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

18. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Chris are you setting up a booth again this year? I need some more art

19. Mark, are you talking about Canadian brews, or just Canadian level alcohol content? :D

See you this weekend brother.

20. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Leaving Thursday morning I can't wait to get there

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

FYI... Security is checking inside and trunks for beverages... I'm guessing there will be some creativity this year...

22. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

What times the pin up contest? Im sending my girl up there I really need $ for a new radiator haha

23. Can't tell if you're serious or trying to be funny... either way, the pin-up contest is all full for this year. :)

24. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

im serious im trying to get my 31 A finished for our wedding in september, told her anout the contest, she said I can get my walker radiator if she wins! Full? Wtf!?

25. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Pop and water is fine correct? We all have "secret" departments. Headed down in a afew hours.

26. You bet AJ....looking forward to catching up.......and to answer your question on the topic of amber refreshment...lol.....it would be this...close, cold and not lite beer...lol.

27. Hey Rich.....hopefully you and Frank will drop by the E.L.T.A. display to say hi.......it's been along time.

28. scarylarry

scarylarry

We'll be there tomorrow evening. It will be nice to visit with everyone & not have to work the show!

29. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Are you going to be there Thursday Mark?