Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage portland swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marcshall, Feb 26, 2013.

1. marcshall

marcshall

hi all, just getting my wish list together for portland swap meet. how many of yous are going for april 5 6 7? we are coming down from vancouver island. last year was the first one the wife and i went to.had a great time. we don't see anything like it in canada, had to go down to woodburn to get a room . but this year we booked early , we're right across the swap meet at I-5. so, we're going to california first. down I-5 and looking for places of interest like hot rod shops & reckin yards. looking for a few 16'' x 5'' early ford rims. we're excited it's holiday time . john in duncan

2. Brewpubeaver

Brewpubeaver

nice, sounds fun.

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

We will be there. I need some stuff for my Willys.....

4. sobpunx

sobpunx

I'm going, this is the first year i have a list of things i need.

5. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes.
    I am hoping to meet some of you guys. I and a work buddy are coming down from Spokane and maybe a Tri-City guy or two.

6. eddie1

eddie1

I'll be there. What does one do in Portland in the evenings? I'm going down with a buddy, his dad & a couple of his dad's buddies. The older group is in there mid sixties & think bed time is 8pm.

7. It's been a while, but I'll be making it this year with my short list of odds 'n ends....

As for night-life, there are numerous bars and brew pubs downtown, on both sides of
    the river, not far from the Expo center. Put us O.F.'s to bed at 8:00, then make the rounds!

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never miss it! My list is getting shorter, as I've been buying off CL for my build lately, but I'll still have a list of things when I hit the swap meet! Either fill it at PIR, or the Expo. Both are a can't miss for us!

9. RatPin

RatPin

I just put in for that Friday off work. I missed last year's but have a list going for this year.

10. fordman1

fordman1

I will be there, but hoping my '50 is sold before then! Last year I sold nearly everything extra I had so probably just shopping this year. Planning to pick up some new tires from Coker as well.

Any plans to rally all the HAMBers at some point or some place that weekend?

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need to with a serious shopping list. We are making a three day weekend out of going to the Roadster show so I'll have to see what the fun kitty holds for the swap meet.

12. iafraser39

iafraser39
    from Warmland

John in Duncan, Whats your ride.
    Ian in warmland

13. Boosted54

Boosted54

I will be on the hunt for parts, got a few cool things last year

14. bttt, it'll be here before you know it!!!!

15. I don't really need anything for my rides as of now, but I always buy something I don't need.. LOL just good times ! I always go Friday and Saturday... But Friday is off the books this year.. CRAP !

16. Heading down from Ladysmith, missed it last year can't wait!

17. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR

I will be there. I have a booth at the track and at the Expo. Never miss this show.

18. If your at the P.I.R. meet the "Dancing Bear" is just a short walk south. Could be a long walk back after closing time though.
    The Wizzard

19. It's been more than a few years for me but I'm looking for some stuff.
    What's the deal or difference between the meet at the center and the meet at PIR? Clue me in here.

20. 2 different events put on at the same time.The Meet at the Race track opens to the public on Thursday. There are venders all the way around the complete Road course. The Portland Swap Meet is at the Expo off Marine Drive where it all started. The shuttle Bus service runs the complete loop free of charge so you can do both events. You gotta be a Tough Dog to walk 100% of both events in 2 days. No motored carts or bicycles or Dogs at either event except for Service animals or Handycap transport.
    The Wizzard

21. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

We got two stalls on the drag strip From some friends that can't make it this year. NONAME will have one for his glass cutting services. I might have my '49 for sale this year, but not 100% sure on that just yet.

Here is a screen shot of the rules from the online registration form.

Attached Files:

22. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Anyone know if there will be a vender selling 32 style frame rails at the swap meet? Hoping to pre-purchase and pick them up there to save some shipping.
    Thanks

23. Call Schroeder Speed & Custom In Troutdale. I know he's a dealer and often stocks rails. Not sure he would be taking New ones to the meet unless they were pre sold. 503-674-8207 You'll be driving right past his shop off 84 as you get into Portland.
    The Wizzard

24. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I'll check him out.

25. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

The bus ride over to the track was free but I think it was a additional $5.00 to get in over at the track last year. I felt like the track area was a whole different kind of swap meet like a crappy flea market full of stupid junk like snowboards, camping/fishing gear, bowling pins, crab/shrimp pots ect. Not very much car related parts at the track area.

26. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I just called him, sounds like a great guy, and yes he has them in stock and at a good price. said I can pick them up on my way by. Thanks for the info!

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

The power of the HAMB

28. He is just that, a Grate Guy. I've known him since he was just learning the trade. Can't say enough Good about him. He's done well and has a very good customer base. You don't get there by being of questionable Character. Glad I could help.
    The Wizzard

29. uncle buck

uncle buck

We must be attending different swapmeets. I usually buy more at the track - and I don't bowl, fish , snowboard or go camping. Damn my life is boring.:( It is definately a different atmosphere than the Expo though with a lot less retail / comercial venders. It does also cost extra since it is put on by a different group than the Expo meet.

30. We usually go, its one of my favourites. I just hit the Turlock swap meet a few weeks ago and brought home a truckload of stuff, so I think we're going to skip Portland this year though. We'll be doing Kool April Nights in Redding the following week and I'm racing the Shasta Dam Grand Prix right after that, gotta let Angie catch her breath once in a while. If you're around Portland in the summer don't miss Beaches, a monster cruise night at the track every wed. night, only 5 bucks, cars, bikes, drags, music, its awesome.