Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Lit Up)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 193257, Jan 10, 2011.

1. weez

weez

There's more coming soon! I saw Jimmy this weekend and he said he had to work on other stuff for a bit, but he's getting back on it now-

2. Thanks for the heads-up. It's fun to watch an artist at work.

3. oldman2

oldman2

Man, I'll be so glad to see some more of his great work...Jim

4. ...ok, I give up!(on my junk)...this guy is amazing. ...hope to see the truck at the Torquefest show this coming May in Dubuque.
    ...glad he didn't use those cut-out front fenders, that threw off the look.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  5. vicksrods

vicksrods

Oh my!!!!! how have i missed this thread,this guy is awsome cant wait to see more....sunscribed.... I guess i need to crawl out from under my rock more often....

6. I just wanted to be post #667

7. vicksrods

vicksrods

haha wow i didnt notice i was post # 666......

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

BUMP! ……… for a truly cool build

9. rideordie

rideordie
    from Oregon

10. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

Rick hope your doing ok. And hope to see you this summer, Along with Jimmy and his Lit-up truck.

11. Baggs

Baggs

Kind of like how he decided just to build his own chassis instead of modifying the stock one.

Baggs

12. salf100

salf100

How's does one even acquire skills of this magnitude ?! I'm amazed and upset that I will never even come close! Sheet perfection.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. salf100

salf100

How's does one even acquire skills of this magnitude ?! I'm amazed and upset that I will never even come close! Shear perfection.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Scientists say it takes 10,000 Hrs to master a skill. That is 5 years working 40 hrs a week. It can be done, it just takes time.

15. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

By applying the above with basic math that must make Jimmy somewhere around 110 years old give or take! :D Seriously though, to have the kind of abilities that he obviously posses one has to born with "it". Makes me believe in reincarnation as in he must have been a metal working master in a past life or two to have amassed the abilities he displays at such a young age. As others have already posted - I too am in utter awe of what he is able to create. Looking forward to updates.

Pete

16. fleet-master

fleet-master

Jimmy,if you got your ears on( i don't know if you read this thread :)), I'd like to see how you finished the back end of the deck /tailgate. Your pick up tray looks from the photos to be about the same as I'm anticipating mine will be, around 12ins deep.

Many thanks if you get this, Paul

17. Jimmy Hervatin

Jimmy Hervatin
    from Midwest MO

Hey Paul, The outside is a stock tailgate, I channeled the floor up about 3 1/2". Will start postings build pics in about a month. I will be getting back on it again next month.

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

Thanks Jimmy, I noticed your chassis kicks up from the cab rearward,but heads back down after the diff. I'm using a Holden ute chassis which has a 12in kick up but doesn't drop back down.

Cheers,Paul.

19. This is GREAT news!! I love the way you are bringing Weez's (Mr. Weezner) paintings to life!

Dave

20. hasty

hasty

"I will be getting back on it again next month"
    Very good news

21. ricco

ricco

Holy crap!!! WOW! True artists.

22. Any updates on this? Please!!

23. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I only had 1% of these skills...that´s art. period.

24. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Yeah no shit... Where's the pictures of this truck painted.... Oh, and I am completely in awe of this guys talent... And really depressed that I don't even have enough talent to open the door of his shop... :(

25. Jimmy Hervatin

Jimmy Hervatin
    from Midwest MO

Well its has been awhile but I am back working on Lit-Up. So for all of you following the thread here we go. First Rick had done all of the thread up till now. I asked him if I could try and do it. He was the the guy who started the thread on Emerald Tide. I can never thank him enough for putting that thread together. He did one hell of a job on it. Well I felt like the least I should do is try and do it. Rick lives about 35 miles away so not just down the street. Well I got some big shoes to fill but I am going to try. Rick will still chime in. So where did we end last? I was working on the rear bumper. I filled the bolt holes.
    P1010091.jpg
    I want the under side of the truck to be just as nice as the top, so I am filling the back side of the bumper with 1/8" plate before chrome plating. This is a major job but it will really make for a nice strong bumper. here is the first half.
    P1010093.jpg

Here is both half's tacked in place.
    P1010098.jpg
    I had filed the whole bumper before starting to plate the back, but after welding I had to do more filling.
    P1010099.jpg

Here are some pictures of the rear of the bumper.
    P1010145.jpg
    P1010146.jpg
    I also made filler panels that will be welded to the rear fenders. To fill in the space between the fender and bumper.
    P1010147.jpg
    Here is a shot of what the rear looks like now. I also decided to remove the Ford Script in the tailgate.
    P1010125.jpg
    Well that's where I am now. Next things coming up is rear fenders and new running boards. I am going to try and update every week. The winter-spring plan is to finish all the metal work and interior and go to shows next summer in bare metal. I guess time will till if that happens.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. oldman2

oldman2

That is "over the top", great work and looks super. Glad to have you posting..Jim

27. Phenomenal build.....this truck is RAD!!!!

28. Amazing workmanship Jimmy! I hope I'll be 1/10 this good one day...

Justin

29. Inspirational, purely inspirational...

Thanks Jimmy!

30. Holy cow what incredible work! Thanks so much for the update Jimmy it is always super inspirational to see your high quality work.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!