Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

my dad's 56 belvedere he bought it from original owner and the clock reads 22000. this car was rarely driven

Attached Files:

2. rferg

rferg

what a shame about being rarely driven - that red 56 is just too cool to hide away. Who wouldn't want to cruise that?

3. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

when my dad bought it it only had 17 and some change on it.

4. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

It was not a problem. The main issue is holes currently in the spindle need to be tapped and threaded. His suggestion is to weld a nut to the spindle and use it to guide the tap in. I wasn't comfortable doing that, so I had a machine shop tap them for me. Other then then tapping it crooked. It was a simple change.
    Everything bolted right together. I went to the Volare MC and proportioning valve. For a brake light switch, I put a T in the line going to the rear brakes and used a hydraulic switch similiar to how the stock setup was. It's been great. I think I put mine on in 2000.
    For me, my front drums were shot and cut past where they should have been. I moved into a very hilly area and couldn't stop at the bottom of hills, so I went to the disc brakes and never looked back.

5. First of all, PM me if you ever decide to sell that car. The 331 hemi would suit me just fine. I have a couple of more door 56's; A Belvedere and a Savoy.

Second, have you thought about using a 62-65 Torqueflite? You can build the transmission to handle that big Hemi, and keep the push buttons with little to no modification (other than using the later pushbutton cable and either forgoing being able to manually put the transmission in low or finding a 3 speed pushbutton mechanism that will fit in the pod).

6. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

I have been thinking about selling my 56 Belvedere recently, if anyone is interested PM me here. Thanks.

7. rferg

rferg

Has any body besides me ever noticed that up until 56 the shape and design of cars very much imulated the shape and curves of the female human body. I find chrome bullets and back fenders especially similar. . . . maybe It's just me.

8. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

Built and sold this Fury a couple years ago.

Attached Files:

Chilberto likes this.
  9. rferg

rferg

Does it still hurt that you sold it? Money goes away but cool cars live forever.

10. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

nope....we just turned the money into another cool car.:D

11. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

that fury is absolutely bad ass! do you have any more pics of it? what was the drivetrain?

12. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

It was all stock other than the wheels and lowered. Here's a couple more pics

Attached Files:

13. rferg

rferg

What did you buy next and how much did you get for that gorgeous piece of art -I'm guessing no less than 16 th.

14. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

Eventually turned into this.

Attached Files:

15. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

DAME! That car is bad ass!

16. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

stunning!

17. rferg

rferg

It's a whole different style of car but very cool nontheless - probably a blast to drive. You gonna leave it alone or change stuff?

18. john502

john502

Stoker.. I have a 55 savoy, all original other than V8 swap. Those wheels look great. Did you do any converting to get them to fit? Mine has lug bolts instead of studs.. didn't know if dealt with the same issues. Makes wheel selection a pain.

19. 73RR

73RR

...you do know that you can install studs...don't you?

20. john502

john502

Yes I know i can install studs. He said it was stock other than the wheels so i was asking if he had to modify anything (i.e. studs, hubs) to fit those wheels.

21. Stoker32

Stoker32
    from so cal

Pretty sure 56's had studs from the factory? We didn't change anything and it had studs.

22. 35desoto

35desoto

MOPAR went to studs in 1962 - anything that has studs before this esp in the car stuff has been converted

23. Willys gasser

Willys gasser
    from PA.

Hi again I learn to drive in my parents 1956 plymoth station wagon 4 door v8 automatic trans, and a few years ago I found these pics out of a mag. of a 56 gasser my second love to my 40/41 Willys Coupe love. If anyone has info on this 56 gasser or its location today let us all no!!! just wanted to add to the thread and if you have any info on my last post #1022 please contact me with info. you guys may be able to give a value on the 1956 plymouth picured here and the post #1022 with more info. Please. Buzz

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  24. I think this car was posted here. Try to go through from the begining?

25. Willys gasser

Willys gasser
    from PA.

Thank you M.O.P.&R. I found it, Still need a 56 ply estimate on it.
    , How about the Gasser anything on it??

26. 56 belvedere

56 belvedere
    from France

hello,
    i'm looking for 56 ply sedan a rear window gasket seal
    does anyone have an adress or link?
    thanks

27. kidd65

kidd65

Sorry, I don't have a clue where you might get one.

28. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

You can try Andy Bernbaun Auto Parts. I ordered all my window rubber for my 48 ply from them. Very good price and had them in two days. They carry just about everything you could think of for old Mopars.

617-244-1118 is they number. East Coast Time. Located in Massachusetts.

http://www.oldmoparts.com/parts-body.aspx

Good Luck! ~Rick~

29. George

George

Also Roberts Motor Parts. Bernbaum will list specific things..but sometimes what you get is universal generic.