Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frank Maratta car show springfield MA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I'm thinking of checking the show out tomorrow but not sure if I want to drive an hour and a half to do it. My biggest concers is that it will be a huge collection of o/t cars. so if anyone that has been could chime in, I appreciate it.

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I was there today with the shop. 98% ot cars.

3. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

thanks, guess I'll tackle my re wirering job out in the garage instead

4. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

Any other opinions on the show? is there a swap meet area?

5. Paul B

Paul B

I figured it would be, stayed home to work on the 53. They dont have a swapmeet

6. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

more dirt track cars and go karts than anything else. only a hand full of cars worth looking at. why does Frank Maratta put on such a crappy show. he was there back in the day. shouldn't he know whats cool? seems like anything with wheels gets in.

7. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

ok Show was OK , what they did was combine with Racearama (a show based on ovel track stuff ) as for the marrata show it was ok . I am only half hour away so no big deal somthing to do today saw a lot of friends . I would not travel too far for this show thou a lot of Milltown cars there also

8. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I went a couple of years ago never went back,just wasn't enough for the trip.As said above a lot of oval track stuff a lot o/t and some nice cars.

9. 5quart

5quart
    from NJ

Hi I didnt know frank was still putting on Shows--Im from the day of the Hartford Autorama-- was a great show at the time-- But times change- thanks don

10. 100% Matt

100% Matt

This show is put on by Frank's son Frank Jr..... it's nothing like the show from the Hartford Armory days:(

11. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

my car was there.. there was a few HAMB friendly cars, but I had a blast. but 98% OT for sure.

12. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

take what ya can in the winter.... the more cool cars that jumpon and request being in the show the more cool cars will be there....next year we are doing more for the show...... possible bands,ect....... felt good to cruise the highway and c alot of faces we only c in the summer .....

13. Thanks for bringing some eye candy up there at least, Lance!

14. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

Lance, if you have a hand in this show next year, count me in. Ill bring one of my junks. if anybody can make that show into something cool, It'll be you!

15. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

thanx man.......its evolution.... 60s to now.... they are trying to bring it back to roots ....but theres alot of diff ages ect at the show..... i dig alot of stuff.. that hemi charger was killer auto hemi... numbers match.. wowza.... i belive we have it set were il bring more of our style next year.... its nice to get out and c something other then snow n water ......and im honored to be called up and asked to bring a display ..... was fun and great to c everybody....

16. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

id say the show was 50 50 on displays....(in my eyes) as i walked threw i saw alot of great stuff.. it cant all be roots although i wish it could.....next year there taking two buildings wich will be nice .......

17. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

chopt55 pm me yer number please.....