Register now to get rid of these ads!

new zealand hotroders on tour , need to buy minivan , LA to texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick61, Mar 5, 2013.

1. buick61

buick61

hot rodders from new zealand arriving in LA mid april , would like to buy a reliable minivan , that will make the trip to the Pate swapmmet in texas

2. What part of NZ are you from and what date do you fly to LA ? I'm Flying with a buddy to LA on the 4th April .

3. buick61

buick61

way down in dunedin , flying into LA on the 19th for 6 weeks , starting with the pate swapmeet and finish with goodguys pleasington .

4. Ahh ok , Enjoy your trip man . We hit LA , Pomona swap , Longbeach swap and then up to Sacramento swap . Back to LA to load a 40 footer and then fly home for a rest ! :D

5. buick61

buick61

will be at the Sacramento swap as well ,

6. indyjps

indyjps

Im not in LA, what are you asking - a hamber to pick up and store a minivan you buy ahead of time? what models to recommend that are reliable? a hamber that has one for sale? sounds like a great trip.

7. buick61

buick61

i'm hoping a hamber has one for sale in LA ,

8. Sounds like a heck of a trip......hopefully someone on here has or knows of
    a minivan for sale. Gotta have something to haul all your swag in.:D

9. Ok . PM me your contact number for while you're in Ca . you never know we may be help each other out or just catch up for a beer .

Our plan for transport is hopefully find something at longbeach swap we can buy and use as transport then throw in the container and ship home . Thinking '50s -'60s Wagon or pickup at this stage .

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pâté swap meet, yeeha , y'all will really enjoy that one at Texas motors speedway. Plenty of deals just keep walkin. See if you can wrangle a spin around the track in a NASCAR.
    We did a few events last year including Pâté and stayed with friends in Denton , not too far away.

11. Scumdog

Scumdog

From my experience ya need a deep wallet for Pomona and the like.

But from more experience you have the making of a great trip!:cool:

12. You might want to reserve a big passenger van in advance ...

A full size van is the way to go ...

I don't know what the daily mileage limit is on one ....

Maybe you might luck out and get unlimited mileage.

Jim

13. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Keep looking you will find one. After 6 weeks on the road you will be wanting to get home and out of a van.

14. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Might just be easier to rent one. A lot of the rent a car businesses carry vans. Or you could contact U-haul or Penskie and rent a commercial van or small box truck.

15. Marcy

Marcy

Maybe someone in LA will know of a similar operation, here in Texas Capps's rents full size passenger vans with unlimited mileage---it's what all the touring bands that can't afford a bus use.

Marcy

16. buick61

buick61

17. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

I used Capps (they had a company called Interstate Truck Rental) many years ago, flew to their Phoenix location and had a brand new Silverado crew dually for three weeks. It is not easy to find a company which rents something like that, not to mention reasonably. It was a very positive experience.

18. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

They want to load it up and ship the whole deal home.Theres plenty of used car dealers in L A,and cash is king.

19. For what you are doing, you are probably better buying a mini van than selling it. Carmax will buy on the spot, but money is less. The dealer I work for will purchase vehicles, some others might also.

Can't help on the purchase, but suggest Toyota for retention of value and reliability. These are market forces, and not fervent nationalistic choices.

Cosmo

20. chopped

chopped

Show me the Carfax

21. I'd like to do the same trip !
    I would need to leave off the fly from NZ to LA part though.
    Unless ....... I visit NZ first :)