Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 392 Hemi Model A roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oneilfab, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Thanks!

i just measured from the bottom of the firewall which is stock to the center of the radiator mounting holes on the cross member and its 34 3/4", i moved the cross member forward about 3 inches on the 32 frame, i didnt have to extend the frame because i cut off the front frame horns so u can't really tell that the cross member is moved forward
    hope his helps u out

2. Dave York's Duvall windshield frame is a work of art and looks great on your roadster! :D

3. squarebird352

squarebird352

Real boss, agressive stance, I like it.

4. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

the duvall is a work of art and i think its really going to make the car when its finished!

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Does Dave York have a website? The car is coming along great!

6. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks!

No he doesnt have a site, u can only get them from speedway or another parts place that sells them, he only sells whole sale to companys like speedway i'm pretty sure

7. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Can't stop looking at this. This is some cool shit.

8. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Scored a wicked deal today, got it from a old local hotrodder, super rare Pines Winterfront 1932 grill incert and a original 32 grill shell
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the grill is missing one of the bars, hopefully i can find one of make one, i think the rest is all fixable
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! What a great addition to the build. Bob

10. squarebird352

squarebird352

there's a pine's grill like that hanging in the early ford store by my place in san dimas, ca! good find!

11. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

got a little work done on the roadster today, made some body mounts and got the front of the body bolted down. it was a nice day today so i pushed the car outside on its own wheels for the first time ever today, it was great to see it outside the shop for once!

[​IMG]
    it will sit higher in the front once i get the proper wheels and tires for it, the tire on it right now is only a little p175/75r14, going to be running a 6.00-16 on the front, much taller
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nice work!! You are doing some nice fab work there. Just put a pic of my alternator, little denso one from a diahutsu charade. Just enough grunt to run the fan and h/lamps on idle.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Thanks! love the 6 carb set up on your hemi! i really like that alternator and bracket, nice and small and compact, what the hell is a diahutsu charade tho?? lol

14. I should have had spell check on here. It's Daihatsu charade, Small Jap car from the late '80s. We had them here, but I don't know if you guys were that unfortunate. I think a lot of small Jap cars ran those little alternators, also fork lifts.

15. kelzweld

kelzweld

Nice work. That's going to be a cool ride.

16. Looks Killer from any angle! Nice work!

17. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

looks great, nice welds

18. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Got out to the shop today and built some floor pieces, made some channels for floor supports, used some 10 gauge steel, seems to be pretty sturdy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

using 18 gauge steel for the floor
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    using my beed roller gives the floor some strengh and a lot of style!
    [​IMG]
    still need to do some welding on the floor supports before i put the floor down for good, just bolted into place for now
    [​IMG]

19. 510madmav

510madmav

awesome fabrication, love the motor mounts. That's a cool "set-back" garage too.

20. Nice work!!! Kinda wishing I didn't get rid of my 29 roadster!!!

21. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

THIS IS AMAZING
    Also, because I'm finishing a '31 and am rethinking way too much now.

Really wondering how you'll finish the side reveal below the new windshield.
    And how you will blend the openings at the side of the dash/doors (inside).

Keep it up, man, I'm watching!

22. Subscribed!!! Loving this build!!

23. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

thanks!
    i'm not really sure how i'm going to finish the reveal on the cowl yet but on the inside i plan on running a 32 dash and then rolling and bending some 1 3/4" pipe and going to fit it at the top of the dash and blend into the top edge of the doors, try to make it look like a 36 ford roadster

24. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

First, it's your car and you are making great choices IMHO. I filled the dash gaps on each end with little wedges to the cowl cap to close the openings.

I'm already committed to the stock stanchions (notched to lay back) with '32 uppers to chop the windshield height. But I love the Duval style and have seen poor transitions attempted on '31 cowls - the reveal line needs to "go somewhere" rather than just fade away -again, just my opinion. I did this fast and dirty photoshop to show my idea. Don't we wish the actual work was as easy as photoshop!

BTW, I sailed out of PA on the "Lady Rose" a few years back for the mail run out to Bamfield and Ucluelet - just am amazing area of the world. Sure didn't think ever I'd see a great hot rod build from there.

Attached Files:

25. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

i agree with you that the reveal line needs to go somewhere just not sure how i'm going to do it yet? lol once i'm done with the floor thats my next job to tackle, try to do one thing at a time so i dont get to overwhelmed

thats awesome u have been to port alberni and took a cruise on the lady rose, i work at a marine welding shop and have worked on that boat many times but have never been for a ride on it! surpisingly P.A is a really big car town and there is a ton of really cool hot rods and muscle cars here

26. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off, Awesome work Man!

Bonez:
    Yur Front Bonez are mounted upside down...?..(Thick part on top and nuts on the bottom)
    I look at mine and it appears the caster would be way positive if I did that...

Did you cut and re-weld them?

The Holy bent piece on the bone...is that a spring or panhard bracket? Don't see it one the other side. Very Nice details!!

Any more pictures of that part?

Mahalo
    Tommy

27. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

28. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Cool! Thanks for the Info!

I'll keep watching your build...Might have to steal an idea or three?

Mahalo
    Tommy

29. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more...

Where did you get your hardware...?
    Especially the dropped Spring perches attached to the bones?

That's a really nice axle!

Mahalo
    Tommy

30. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys that work with metal for a living are a pleasure to watch. Outstanding.