Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. That's funny...I've been following your build for a while. I thought,for sure,you were already in. BUT....nope.
    You're #490

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

I'm doubling down. Just added a '51 - 72B sports coupe to my brood (along w/ my '53 monterey). Camera went on the fritz while I was out in the field unearthing it during a search and recovery mission...

I thought cameras only don't work when a squatch or nessie sighting happens...who knew...

should have some pics next week

3. smfyr241

smfyr241

Still trying to load a pic on this site....is it really that complicated? Can someone tell me how to do it?

4. smfyr241

smfyr241

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  5. smfyr241

smfyr241

6. smfyr241

smfyr241

Ok so NOW can I join?? HAHA had to figure out how to load a pic!![​IMG]

7. smfyr241

smfyr241

8. smfyr241

smfyr241

9. smfyr241

smfyr241

Looking for good resorces for parts. Saw some web sites but way too pricey!!! Also what parts cross over with the 55-56 fords?? Interior handles, cranks, mouldings?? Thanks

10. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I have a 41 coupe that is my next project... I'd join

11. WWinIL

WWinIL

Nice Montclair ! Where's your exterior door stainless trim?

Glad to see you got the pic thing working. I still can't figure how to reduce my pics to thumbnail size..

Not alot of parts interchange between 55 and 56 Ford/Merc. Engines both Y block but Mercs will always be more c.i. 272-Ford vs 292-Merc in "55, Ford went to 292 c.i. in 56 where Merc's are 312 c.i. Both use same trans and rear axles. Your engine should not be painted blue which is a Ford color most likely from the 60's. I forgot whether my '55 Montclair engine color was a green similar to your exterior color or bronze. I'm sure one of the members knows for sure on that.

As for the following maybe someone will chime in and confirm or correct me, but I believe Glass will interchange between brands. Maybe door assembly and door skins too. possibly Trunk lids? I don't believe hoods do though,even that they are same wheelbase. Fenders and quarter panels are specific to each,although certain areas in each are similar enough that patch panels (usually only made for Fords) will fix sections of the Mercs with some mods (like bottoms of fenders,quarter panels). Bumpers are completely different as well as grilles too. Interiors will be specific to each brand, and as I'm sure you know Mercs are an elevated level in style,design,power and comfort than Fords. Not sure about crank handles,knobs,etc.

There was parts suppliers on the first page of this thread? If not, Mac's, Dennis Carpenter have repop sheet metal and some other items. You'll have to join clubs/associations (The H.A.M.B., wink,wink) to network ad make connections for NOS parts,etc. I'd recommend picking up a chassis/body parts manual for your year too.

Here's a pic of what the Montclair door stainless (between top of door and side glass) looks like:

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. smfyr241

smfyr241

Thanks for the info... your pics are too small to see detail. My car is a Monterey not montclair. Just getting into this project and learning about mercs.... always been a chevy guy... Im used to building a car out of 2 catalogs ....not going to be the case with this car..!! More of a challenge and way more fun!! I do need emblems and to rechrome almost everything... Really need the interior back window trim if anyone knows where to find it. Also, since the interior was completely redone, I need to know where the courtesy lights go and if there were rear seat ash trays or not....seems everything was removed. Thanks again for the help!!

13. Montereys rule! I'd love to see some Montclairs with the door trim removed for a change......Now THAT would be different! Centurion9

14. SycoSteve

SycoSteve

Bob you listed me as having a 51.. its a 50.

15. SycoSteve

SycoSteve

Bad Bob, did castline bodies use your car for a model? My friend bought me one and it says Bad Bob on the door. Look like your car but its white with purple flames..

16. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I'm in. I guess i thought I already posted.

17. Any photos of your cars guys?
    chicknlittle & Skavangs49_Merc

18. Yes,there's two. One unchopped and the one in the back of a car hauler,that's chopped and has Bad Bob on the door and my pinstripes on the trunk. They have used the same casting on about 6 different ones....pink w/black flames,black w/pink flames,green w/white flames,white w/orange flames,blue w/red flames,gold w/black flames,black w/gold flames. Look on ebay under "Mercury Diecast".

Attached Files:

19. You said you wanted in.....you want accuracy also? hahaha

20. SycoSteve

SycoSteve

Nice!! Thats to cool!

21. chicknlittle

chicknlittle

Hi I would like to join the merc club.I was having problems uploding pics last night.I got it now heres my mercs as I found them in the barn there both completethe green one needs the most. Thanks Jimmy

Attached Files:

22. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I had never seen the Mercury with the car hauler with the same flames until just now .... I was powerless... I had to go to fleabay to buy my own Bad Bob Merc with a car hauler!

23. Sorry guys been awhile trying to get recent pics up

24. haha I get on there when I can and buy any I see,cause you never know when they will dry up...or go up! I think I have 10 now. There's also a blue version...funny thing is,it has Bad Bob on the door and my pinstripes to! They used the same decals...

25. WWinIL

WWinIL

Here's a few pic's: it was dismantled,sitting in a field for several years. Owner had most of missing pieces in storage (front clip,doors,bumpers,engine,trunk lid,etc). Despite it's present state it's fairly complete. So far, still missing (PO still trying to locate)skirts,headlight buckets,park lamps,hood,trunk hinges and obv "some" of the upholstery...

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

26. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

im officially in!

27. With what? Don't see any pic's.....

28. Elbopper

Elbopper

is rolling :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  29. 62MercMan

62MercMan

I got a 62 Monterey!!!! Count me in!!!!!!