Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950-1953 Plymouth & Dodge Thread....lets see what you got.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 6, 2009.

1. rferg

rferg

WOW!!! Cool! I like the grill a lot and what are those taillights, VW? That is a real improvement. Now . . . that's what I'm talkin about!

2. rferg

rferg

Oh, I missed the part where it said vw, way to go Murfman - express yourself! This is what custom cars is all about. OUTSTANDING!!! Murfman!

3. rferg

rferg

Hey murfman what did you do about the brace that goes up under the hood ornament?

4. poss51kustom

poss51kustom
    from ohio

Have had this 51 Concord for 13 years. Almost done. 318/904 all Mopar

Lots of fun.

5. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

Wow great thread.. I must say bloody knuckles you got one of the best looking plymouths I have ever seen!!! Here is a few shots of my work in progress..
    51 cranbrook 4" chop, bagged triangulated 3 link that lays frame.. It has a 54 Chevy rear quarters and trunk.. Still a huge work in progress but coming along nicely..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my more door its a parts car for now but might go back to its original glory..
    [​IMG]

6. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

That Plymouth is SICK!!!!!

7. rferg

rferg

That's kind of what I had in mind about my 53 with 55 tail light but I never thought of replacing the whole back end . . holy crap man - you're an artist!

8. 50FREAK

50FREAK

So bad ass! love the rear quarter swap!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. rferg

rferg

Is all that crap(stuff) in the trunk what it takes to do air ride?

10. AHS10

AHS10

My dad used to have this car a long time ago. I believe it is a 51 Plymouth Cambridge. I was wondering if it sounds too far fetched to try and locate this car...if it still exists out there. I'm trying to either find this exact car and somehow get it back to my dad...or get one similiar. That is me inside the car. I am now almost 30 years old. =) Any help would be be appreciated.

Attached Files:

11. 73RR

73RR

12. Gonein60

Gonein60

Hey guys! Totally new to the board so I thought I'd start off with a picture of my baby. 1950 Plymouth SD 4 door. My great grandpas car, been sitting in the barn for as long as I've been alive (22 years). I just recently became the owner and cannot wait to get her on the road. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Beautiful. If it's as nice as it looks, I hope you don't intend to cut her up. An overdrive, a lowering, and some wide whites is all I'd do.

14. Gonein60

Gonein60

Thanks, no way in hell I'd cut her up. I'd like to keep it mostly stock. Like you said, OD, wide whites, lower it just a little and maybe some engine work. The car was built right down the road from my house in Evansville so its got a pretty cool history there. My biggest issue is interior. Mice have done a pretty good job on the seats. Paint has some flaws here and there so that's something I'd like to do down the road. Right now I'm fighting the brakes. Yikes..

I did have a question about the grille, did they ever make any of the 50s with the 49 grilles or was that replaced? I've seen a few 50s online with the same grille and wasn't sure what I had there. Any info, wise words of advice, etc would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  15. murfman

murfman

I hammered a small dimple in the hood around the hole, and welded an "elevator bolt" to the hood from the top, ground the welds flush and filled around it.

[​IMG]

Just to be safe I plan on painting the bottom of the hood and bolting the brace in before I do any finish bodywork on the top of the hood.

16. rferg

rferg

Thanks, Murfman, haven't done a lot of body work and I've never heard of an elevator bolt before, but Now having seen one -I can see lots of uses. Where do I buy some of those?

17. murfman

murfman

Any big hardware store.

18. jcs64

jcs64

19. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

Yup... Just re did it all looks better now...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 50FREAK

50FREAK

Sick ride man!!

21. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Somehow I missed this thread. Here is the 50' Coronet convertible I found in a defunct junk yard about 5 years ago. I bought it for less than the price of a tank of gas :D Still gathering parts for it, project was on hold until all the paperwork was officially in my name. The story is the guy blew up the motor, they pulled it and rebuilt it while the owner was in Vietnam in 64'. He was killed in action, they sold his motor and the car was pushed outside and covered with a 10' x 15' thick rubber sheet which kept the areas covered pretty nice. Rockers and lower quarters need help along with the lower doors. Floor in the trunk & rear floor is perfect with shiny original paint. Minor front floor rot. Plan's are a Red Ram Hemi, automatic and some Chrysler wires with a small drop.

First pics is where it was found, other two are after it was home. I hope to get started on it soon.

Attached Files:

22. 1950 Dodge Business Coupe

Attached Files:

23. 50FREAK

50FREAK

So sick!!! Wish mine was a biz coupe

24. ^^^^^^Thanks for the love. ^^^^^^ appreciate it a bunch my friend.

25. dart165

dart165

my 54 flathead goin back together...
    [​IMG]

26. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

If any of you guys are in need of any stainless or chrome trim for your Dodges or Plymouths please let me know. I recently purchased a huge stash of mostly NOS pieces for 40's to early 50's Mopars. Thanks Steve

27. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Just got my hands on this baby!!

Not a Plymouth or Dodge but a Chrysler Windsor Deluxe.

Attached Files:

28. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

Here's mine; 51 Cambidge, 318/AX-15 5 speed with hydraulic clutch, narrowed 54 dash, 8.8 Ford limited slip rear with 3:73 gears, and 4 wheel disc Explorer brakes. I'd like to find a set of two door doors and quarters for a two door conversion.

Attached Files:

29. nice Falconvan...

30. fiddybizz

fiddybizz

Hey Idiot, would you happen to have any of the fender spears for a1950 plymouth buisness coupe,Ineed all 4