Register now to get rid of these ads!

All American coil overs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtydog, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

So what do we think about All American 350 lb. coil overs on 53 Willys pick up. I'm probably going to shorten it about 30 inches and I will only be running a short bed, cab and grill with a V8 and auto trans. Should weigh less when I'm done. Budget is an issue and these coils overs are reasonable. Put your two cents in, I'm open.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I don't know about your application, but a couple friends swear by them. I almost used them, but they didn't have a shock for the application I wanted.

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I use Aldans. They have a lifetime guarantee which I used once.

4. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

tfeverfred, you're a good lookin' fella. I'm using a 68 Galaxy 9 in. with factory traction bar mounts. I'm going to z the frame so I'll figure some place to attach the traction bars. So that's my application. I see the Aldans are more costly and budget is an issue. The All Americans are $279 and sometimes lower.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Uhh.... okay.:confused: I ended up with QA1's for the mounted length I needed to clear my radius rods. They were more than I wanted to spend, $400, but the ride is worth it. Like you, I'm on a forever budget. I have to save forever to get what I need. It took a long time to drop the coin for the QA1's, but American was my first choice. They just didn't have what I needed.

My buds use them on a couple Camaros. Your Willys is probably close to that weight in the rear, so they should work well for you. 350#'s sounds about right for an early truck.

6. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

The QA1 are quite a bit higher so those All Americans are looking good. I do have the option at this point to run leaf springs but this 9 in. is a shoe in for coil overs. Oh, and I already own the leaf springs. As far as weight, I'm hoping for about 2500 lbs.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The all americans have internal pre set rebound dampening and work well. The others have some fancy adjustability that you pay more for and seldom use.

Loads of cars running around on all americans, they have been sold for a long time now.

I have a pair going on the rear of my 26 RPU.

The 350 lb coil may be too much.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013