Register now to get rid of these ads!

**February is for Bangin'** Feb 2013 Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Hey Herb,

Thanks! My bridgeport is essnetially new. It was bought new in '74 and never used. I found it in a barn with a nice harrison lathe and some other tools, they were bought to make a wankle motor and the machinist /engineer died that year of a heart attack, the barn doors were closed until I opened them 2 years ago.
    I was being lazy making that cut, I had the larger rotary table and didn't want to lift it off, thing is stupid heavy!

In other news, I went to putting the crank in the block and it was too tight. Seems the machine shop I used didn't align bore the block correctly. plasti gauge showed main bearing clearances from .001 to .0015 I was not very happy about that. Now the block and crank is at the better machine shop I should have sent it to in the first place. I am too often a dumb ass.

2. ebtm3

ebtm3

Matt, you're one lucky so and so!

Herb

3. I also use a rotary table once in awhile. My neighbor who is a machinest suggested an arm made out of two inch box mounted to the side of the mill that swings out to the mill table and bolts to the top ot the rotary table. Then I can lower the mill bed and swing the rotary table out of the way and off to the side of the mill. Never have to lift it again.

4. ebtm3

ebtm3

We have the same arrangement with one of our big lathes to handle the four jaw chuck, except that there is a turnbuckle to handle the small height adjustments. The other two (even larger) lathes have hoists above them to handle work, but the 4 jaws are almost never removed.

Our big rotary table has a cart with wheels that it sits on when not in use--same deal, adjust mill table height to make sliding the rotary from one to the other easy

Save your back!

Herb

5. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

core boxes are called boxes because they come in two pieces the one on the right is missing the other half, and after making T and A heads it doesnt look like anything I ever saw used like that. Maybe it was a rough casting with small water jackets. Looks like a T head to me

6. RobC

RobC
    from Australia

The seller has pulled it until he knows what he has, assumingly so he can make some more on the deal.

Assuming the right piece is for the core, it may well have just been screeded off the top. He had several other loose pieces in his photos and it sure was a jigsaw.

[​IMG]

7. Jiminy

Jiminy

8. millerjl

millerjl

I am new to forum and rebuilding an original Riley 2-Port my uncle gave me when I was 14 yrs old (a few decades ago....) Block and head are rebuilt but we are missing the intermediate distributor drive shaft. Does anyone have the proper length for the shaft? We have new FSI distributor to install. Thanks so much! Jack

9. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

10. millerjl

millerjl

Thanks, Bluto.
    Jack

11. easyrider47

easyrider47

I have a question for you guys who run a downdraft on your banger. I used the long intake gasket from the overhaul kit between the header flange and the block. Wondering where to get gaskets that will fit between the header flange and the intake manifold.