Register now to get rid of these ads!

color question - 2013 AMBR winner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Feb 25, 2013.

1. This years AMBR winner, the Roy Brizio built ’27 track nose roadster of John Mumford

can somebody tell me what color the wheels are painted? Off white or a cream color. The paint code for the color is what I am after, or a similar shade.

Gracias!

2. They looked white....very white in person.....

3. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I would guess Ford Wimbledon White?

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I thought they were Tacoma Cream.

5. thanks guys.. hell they do look white... I liked the cream color... funny...

6. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

7. That picture was taken with no flash and no post processing was done. So what you see above is pretty much what I saw.

8. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

The car was painted by Darrell Hollenbeck at Vintage Color Studios, 925 671 7773. He can't release the colors because the owner won't release the info, I tried to find the color of the car for my new build. He will point you in the right direction, however. call him

9. I called Brizio, he told me a custom shade based around the old VW Bordeaux Red and he said the wheels were supposed to be an off white, cream color. But, like you just mentioned he said the colors were actually created by the painter and he just said he did not know anymore than that... ironically my wheels were that shade before I choose burgandy as my body color now I need to have them stripped and repainted back to what they were. Whatever in the hell color it is I am going to find a light cream color. Thanks guys....

10. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

I can give you the wheel color, it is Vanilla Shake PPG #90990 , sorry cant help with the body color.

11. otas

otas

Can't never go wrong with ford Wimbeldon white. Looks real yellow until you put it against that dark red and then it's perfect. My 2 cents.