Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dogs allowed at big 3?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by diegochero, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73RR

73RR

...before you start correcting other folk's spelling you best go back and run spell check on your own stuff...

2. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

In America, dogs are more important than people - don't forget it.

Dogs. My best friend's wife was a flight attendant for a major airline for many years. One day, an older, somewhat dowdy woman boarded the plane and sat in her seat. You know - the type who wear several layer of billowy clothing in the middle of summer to somehow help manage her extra 150lbs of body weight. Anyway, midway through the flight she opened her large purse and extracted a small long haired terrier of some sort, and proceeded to cuddle it and feed it some sort of liquid from a baby bottle. The other passengers were a bit taken aback, but they did not press the 'Call Attendant' button. That is, they did not press it until the dog got up on it's haunches and pooped a fair bit on the lady's lap. From what I gather, the smell in the enclosed plane was palpable. By this time my friend's wife, the first responder, had arrived and informed the lady of her many faux pas. The lady, rather haughtily, replied that she had a right to take her dog with her anywhere she went. With that, she lowered the dog back into her bag, scooped the poop up with her fingers and lowered it also into one of the small zippered compartments of her bag.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is no bigger pet lover than me, hell, I have 4 feral cats living in my shop office right now and two pet cats at home. However, I have never understood why people take animals to events like this. The animals can't be enjoying it with hot pavement to walk on, and other people have to be careful not to trip over it or it's leash. Do the pet and others around you and leave it the dog at home.

I know you didn't ask for this information, but anytime you post any question on an open forum you are permitting others to voice their opinions too.

Don

4. I hate that, I come from an agricultural community. Dog is a Dog, that means they don't eat from the table, lick you on the mouth, you don't coddle the dog. She is an animal not a human baby. I don't strike my dog but she does get disciplined. I am just walking my dog while I look for parts if they say 'sorry no dogs" the rules are what they are. I have no interest in pushing it.

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Damn, question answered. Move along and somebody close this thread....

6. Can I take my pet bull to VLV?
    Mr wiggly likes long walks to calm his hornyness.

One day I saw a lady trying to get into a big store carrying a small dog so she could "give it water and pour water on him cuz it was hot and she didnt have a working AC in her car".
    They didnt let her in so she complained,Behind her was her 3-4 year old son barely lifting his feet to walk,the little boy was dehydrated and sweating.
    She cared more about the dog than his child.
    People like that ruined my relationship with dogs.
    traditional dog/cat carrier
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That first one is actually a cat carrier and was crudely modified to make us think it was for dogs.

This message brought to you by the Union for fair treatment of DOGS :D

8. I.m also laughing..especially since I'm the 80 year old Texas guy he's talking about..

9. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love my dog, but I know a car show is no place for him. No matter how well you think you know your dog, there is always the chance that something will spook him. You never know when they're going to bite either. No matter how good your intentions are, I would think the liability alone would make me keep the mutt home. Just as bad as a kid in a stroller at car shows. They don't belong there...

10. Winner,winner chicken dinner! HRP

[​IMG]

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

:D:D:D:D Thank you, now my throat hurts from laughing^^^^.

12. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

You know, it occurs to me that that device could cause irritation of the dog's anus. Good thing they are already used to licking their privates.

13. jazz1

jazz1

I'm not interested in looking at anything I can't eat or hump!
    [​IMG]

14. LMAO. Thanks for the good laugh. Everyone there was cool about the puppy. Vendors offered water, but we had our own, so we hung out while I watered the dog and let her cool down. Everyone was really nice. I even had a fellow give me an "atta boy" and lectured me about the importance of socialization and how good it is to expose your dogs at young age to different environments. Saw lots of other dogs there, so that answers the initial question. Thanks to the folks who answered my question, and sorry to the folks I worked up with this question.

15. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

good to hear , Did you pick up a dog carrier to use, I showed it to my dogs, they looked at it and said YOU FIRST!! Tim Jones

16. No carriers were involved in the training of this puppy. -Sean

17. Gator

Gator

I seen a little guy walking around with a blond that was a real pig too... :D

18. k9racer

k9racer

In the mid 70s all the dogs in my neighbor hood came up missing.. After the local aspa and police dept did some investigation they discovered a family recently brought to the USA by the Federal Goverment from a country in S.E Asia... The new arrivals testified in court that they were told that these dogs were wild animals and could be hunted.. For some reason these people never went to court....So look out for dog nappers at car shows..

19. Animals and car shows Don't mix. Just my two cents worth.

20. I like taking my pet rhino to the shows, but he isn't taking well to the potty training!!-MIKE:eek::D:p

[​IMG]

21. Wonder if the Rhino can write his name with that.........sorry.......just saw the Dog/Cat holder then your post...............lol.......havn't laughed so much in a long time..........lol......thanks, andyd

22. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Put me on the list of animal lovers (3 dogs, 4 cats, 2 horses, 2 cows and a shop rabbit) who absolutely hate people who bring their pets to car events. Our local show specifically states, "leave your pets at home" on every poster, yet people think it actually means, "bring anything you like because everyone enjoys seeing your dog interact with other dogs". You've got a cute puppy, we get it, but do the dog and all the people at the show a favor and leave him home. If you want people to see your dog, get a T-shirt made with his picture and wear that to the show.

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Our family loves our Lab,two frickin cats,Flemish Giant rabbit and Madagascar Hissing Cockroach but sure ain't taking them to the abuse that any car show has to offer? Strangers and their smells/noises,hot pavement,crowds,dehydration,no place they can void....
    A participant took their ______ dog to a car show,when the dog lunged on the chain and scratched the paint and chrome on a car,guess who the car-owner wanted to go after when they finished screaming at the pet owner?
    I don't blame car shows for their "NO PETS" ordinances at all.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First what are the rules of the venue that the event is at? Some places don't allow dogs or other pets on the grounds no matter what the rules of the group putting the event on are.

The dog I have now hates anything that is loud and isn't too sociable so he doesn't go to events with me.

The Aussie I had for 8 years loved people and loved to get out an go to swap meets and I took him to smaller car shows a few times.

Still at car events there are far more dangers to a dog than the dog is a danger to others. Antifreeze dripped on the ground, other things that might be bad for the dog to come in contact with or eat or drink. The worse case and it happened to me, individuals who have an unreal mean streak and deliberately do something to cause your pet harm. In my case a guy took his very sick dog to the Tri-Cities swap meet two years ago and made sure that the dog came in direct contact with my dog who later died from the illness he contracted. Don't let your pet come in contact with other peoples pets at outdoor events no matter how rude it makes you appear.
    At one event my dog got attacked by a local guys dog that was running loose in the area while he was on the leash with my wife in the middle of the event.

It isn't all about your dog not bothering something it's also about your dog's safety.

25. Mike

Mike

Not a car show there ace, it's a swap meet.

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.