Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dogs allowed at big 3?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by diegochero, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi folks, heading out to the big three today at noon, and I was wondering if any one new what the policy on dogs are? I have a four month old Australian shepherd, and I'm thinking that huge walk would help mellow her down a little.
    Thanks -Sean
    www.pmautos.com

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Ive seen lotsa people with dogs there. One year there was this blond walking around a little pig.

3. Well, that's good news I'll be the shmuck with a Black tri color aussie pup. Say hello it would be great to meet some HAMBer's.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I always appreciate dogs at a car show........:rolleyes:

5. Yeah I hate the owner's who don't handle their pet properly near a car, and just don't have a clue about look don't touch. Not wanting to be "that guy" I need to start training her early, so the plan is vendors and parts only. She obviously is a spaz being four months old and I really don't trust her near a car just yet. I've been taking her down to the shop I work at, so she isn't afraid of loud noises and new people, and she is really good about not getting underfoot. After being couped up from the rain we have had, I need to exercise her. A huge walk around the stadium lot would be perfect.

-Sean
    www.pmautos.com

6. stinger40

stinger40

its a nice day today, and its chilly out - on a hot day not a good idea but today the dogs feet will be fine - I am heading down there myself and thinking of bringing my dog as well

7. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

keep your dogs home---ask yourself what is the best that can happen ? now a blond with a pig...

8. It isnt a dog show...Keep them at home..or take them to a dog park if you dont have a back yard.

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Best advise yet!

10. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

bring a lot of water. Most swappers are dog friendly as long as the 4 legged friend is not all over cars and items. Maybe a wagon just in case you need to pull him around. After all it San Diego the temperture is cool Lately. Have fun

11. -your in Texas, I'm in San Diego, this effects you in no shape or form.
    -I was asking about rules for this show, not asking for commands from guys in Texas.

12. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I never did understand bringing dogs to car events, kind of a pet peeve for me. Even if you and your dog are polite there is always some dork that will see your dog and go get his pos mutt to come down and annoy the shit out of everyone. Take the dog to a dog park everyone including the dog will be happier.

13. Shows are all the same,Calif or Texas...have some respect for the participants...They do not want to be constantly watching for dog poop or dog pissin on their tires...
    You too lazy to exercise your dog at home????

14. All you dog police should go build hot rods....

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Now that's no way to talk about her boyfriend, shame on you :D

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

WOW!! lighten up guys , He was just asking a question , doesn't sound like some guy who let's his dog run F**king wild, By the way we put booties on our sled dogs to protect their feet,, Tim Jones

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  17. Yeah I'm going to bring a back pack with food, water, and poop bags, she only lasts for about two miles. It's funny she just lays down to say "Ok I'm done" being twenty pounds I just carry her until she is rested at that point. I think a lot of the frustration here with dogs at these event is, that most of us have experienced the owner who doesn't watch the dog. I've stepped in shit at these shows, I've had dogs jump on me ive been tangled in leashes. I'm not looking to pass that off to others. I intend to live up to my obligation as an owner and look after my pet. I plan on picking her up when I enter a vendors space, and not letting her piss on parts behind my back.
    -Sean

18. 73RR

73RR

No doubt your 'that guy' that also take his dog into stores like home depot.
    Not everyone is in love with your dog.
    Some of us actually like dogs but get real tired of trying to avoid them at swaps and shows.

19. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

20. AMEN...I too am a dog owner,BUT I dont take her where she is not a part of the occasion...Besides she Hates car shows...Kinda like taking your 3yr old kid to the bar with you..

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread proves there are a lot of ignorant people out there, and I'm not referring to the OP.

22. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Sean , opinion are like assholes, everyone has one. Attending swaps there are adults that act way worst than children or animals. How about the dude that had way to many bud lights with his buddies before 8 am and just pisses behind your car. Do what you like . Swaps are one thing people can look the other way. But where I draw the line is when people bring the dogs to restaurants that have a outdoor seating . Have a good time

23. english rob

english rob

..Kinda like taking your 3yr old kid to the bar with you..

Whos gona drive home if the 3 year old don't go

24. Seriously..... I'm sorry to upset so many people. I was just asking a question, I had no intention of creating a I hate fucking dogs at events thread. It's alarming to me that just by asking a question so many become confrontational. Accusations from people I have never had contact with, Home Depot, Laziness? Fact is if I can take my dog in, I am, if she isn't doing well we leave. If it ruffles peoples feathers, but I am within my rights, guess what, I am going in. I am not going to let the irresponsible owner's, or opinionated, dictate what I can and can't do. The dog needs to be socialized because I don't want her to be confrontational/ aggresive.

25. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Why did you post it on the worldwide HAMB if you only want to involve people from San Diago?

26. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

A guy from California telling a guy from Texas to stop telling him what to do...... I've been laughing about that for a half an hour now..:p

27. kingpins

kingpins

dont take your dog to shows...this thread shows you the type of dudes that take car shows way to serious and will bitch and complain about your dog being there along with bitching about everything else that dont go there way or they dont agree with. car shows suck just like this thread.

28. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

So the OP gets his question answered in the first 2 posts, and you guys bicker like a bunch of old ladies for 2 pages.... By the way, WTF does dog etiquette have to do with Hot Rods and Customs??? I think I’m gonna log onto facebook, far less drama there

29. Because the letter to local HAMBer's I don't know would have taken too long in the mail. I also couldn't find "HAMBer's you don't know, but may have good event info" in the yellow pages. What is the zip code for San Diago?

30. You are absolutly right on I should have done that. I thought they would have that rule on the webpage for the event, so I didn't call before everyone was down there. Looks like they are more worried about go-peds, pit bikes and skateboards. I just thought someone close by would know more than me and could help out.

-Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.