Register now to get rid of these ads!

E-T Mags new 15 x 5.5 kidney bean , sebring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by etwheels, Dec 11, 2012.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Scott
    Thanks for doing what you do.
    You’ve kindly sent me center caps (no charge) for my old E/T’s on my Comet and I plan on getting some 4” and 8” five spokes for the street gasser rebuild.

2. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Scott, thanks for post, I like those!

3. etwheels

etwheels
    from ca.

4. SimonSez

SimonSez

Thanks, these look really nice!

I have a couple of questions about your knock-off hub adaptors ...

How thick is the flange where it bolts on?

Do you have the internal dimensions of the adaptor so I can check if it will go over my hubs?

5. mohead1

mohead1

Ive got 4" on the front of my old pile of bolts.......they seem to work ok, but i dont run it in the rain unless caught by accident.....

6. Pics soon ?
    2 months

7. These are beautiful!
    Let's say a fella wanted a set just like this
    What should he ask for ?

8. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I ordered a pair of 16x10 fueler wheels a number of years ago, Good people and great service......

9. Awesome. I will be contacting you about some of those wheels. Can you order 4" width without it being a special order like the 3.5 or what is the skinnyest wheel you can get that is not special order like maybe a 16x4 which is stock 40 ford?

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great company and great looking, quality wheels. Will definitely purchase from you again.

Here's a set I bought a few years ago on my old F100...

[​IMG]

Malcolm

11. Scott,

Thanks for the explanation in your second post.....Very informative, for "future projects"!

I have purchased wheels from y'all in the past and have always been satisfied.

Now it is great to know that you can work with "custom applications"

12. Yes, yes. Very nice looking whee.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ARE really has no interest in the "car guy" market, and totally doesnt "get it". They are more interested in selling 20" "dubs" to the SUV market than they are in selling wheels to serious car guys. If they did "get it", they wouldn't have screwed up the TTO caps. We area VERY small market, compared to their "bread and butter".

14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

falcongeorge : I agree with you 100%. I`ve always been a freak for "old" americans, but I think they shit the bed as far back as the mid70`s with the 200cp,vectors,ect.Their re-intro wheels just kinda miss the essence of the originals. Those ET wheels sure look dam nice and it sounds like good customer service too. Still not sold on their bolt on spindle style though.

15. I agree with the comments about the current state of American Racing. They flood the market with the ugly Torq Thrust II wheels in hundreds of sizes, but they completely missed the boat on the TTO wheels. 15x7 or 15x8, and no backspace choices. The new caps are funky, too. They could have owned the market if they would have provided the TTO in multiple sizes and backspaces with the original-style caps.

To me, nobody makes a better looking 5-spoke than ET. The spoke shape is the way it should be....STRAIGHT. Those "D" spokes that American makes are butt ugly, especially on an older car. And whats the deal with the dove gray paint on the as-cast versions? Yuck.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

EXACTLY! You hit the nail on the head.

17. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes. And the new "AR Ansen Sprint" really doesn't look like a real Ansen Sprint, or as good as the myriad of Sprint clones from back when.