Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Kaiser Drag'n build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NTAPHSE, Jun 13, 2008.

1. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

2. That's a great video.
    The car is full of awesome details.
    Congrats again.
    I'll vote for you too.

3. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks Flowmeister! Love that COE, I want to build one to haul my car around on one of these days.

4. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I posted the link to Speedhunters on facebook, hope that helps! :)

Now that's a build I would love to see!

It would be especially interesting if you used something few go for like you did with the Kaiser, like a Karrier or something.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

if you look on the dictionary under ''feature whore'' theres a pic of this car with no caption LOL

No really, kool as.

6. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Haha, well I'm not going to turn down a good feature! :)

7. this car is a major thumbs up......great work

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dude, you did an amazing job on this build. Its sorta like if you ripped the soul out of your self to slamm it on the car :) i was outta comparisons :)
    I would be surprised if it wasnt gettin so much attention.
    You have all the rights to be proud.
    Actually, i think you can afford to be arrogant even LOL

Anyway, the Speedhunter feature really is bad ass.

9. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Done!
    Gotta admit that i almost cheated your Kaiser with the red Swede S30 as im also into old Jap steel, and that looks like a hell of a Z!
    Anyway, do the cars appear in order on that page? If so something is not workin as that Porscher cant be frekkin first.

11. simon g-s

simon g-s

Main road cut off by flooding so outlaws couldnt get here for boxing day, boo hoo. Spent most of the day reading through, re reading RJ and Speedhunter and dreaming. Greatwork and TENACITY plus some guys you trust = outstanding. Congrats on your family addition too, bring em up right and you will be proud.

12. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Come see the Kaiser at GNRS this weekend!

13. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations, Kevin. Your finished Kaiser is truly an amazing work of art. The finished product displays not only your creative vision but a fortitude most people who are not into product pride would not understand. Truly impressive.

14. daddio211

daddio211

Saw the car, but didn't see you anywhere. Car looked fantastic!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. Fatbrosracing

Fatbrosracing
    from Australia

After following this build for so long, I was so pleased to finally see it in person at the GNRS. Great work.

16. Traction?

Traction?

Well longtime stalker 1st time poster here.. I followed your build on Speedhunters and love the car. During my daily 15minutes of net searching I ran into a post on Jalopnik that then linked to a big shot of your car on an upcoming lenosgarage video.. Did you sell your car to Jay? Say it aint so but if she's gone to sit in his garage at least tell us he paid you for all of your hard work?

http://robertangelo.kinja.com/how-a-bad-pitch-landed-me-at-jay-lenos-garage-217726480

17. Reijer

Reijer

You Sir, are a genius.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QEvMSkRWOK0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

18. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks for following the build and posting here. I did have it in the back of my head that I could be towing home an empty trailer from Leno's, but he didn't offer so I didn't ask. To be honest he doesn't have anything like this in his collection and I don't think it's his style, although he was very complimentary of the work I did.

19. draider

draider
    from Texas

Just got done watching your spot on Jay's garage. Very cool.

I hope you exposed some of his uninitiated watchers to not only real customs, but to the idea that if you're willing to learn, and to invest the blood and sweat equity into a car that you're passionate about, you can achieve glorious things.

Kudos for spreading the gospel.

20. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

That was Cool to watch... Awesome car... Nice work as well..

21. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Ye, I also saw the video. I was already impressed with the build from TRJ. Very cool.

22. That was going to be my question - did he make an offer? - but you already answered that! That is absolutely stunning, rolling down the street. You did very well! Eight years is a lot of time, and your car was worth that, no doubt. Superb job!

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Keith you have completed a masterpiece of automotive styling. An extremely well executed Kustom that is not overboard nor gaudy. It's such a subtle classic.

24. daddio211

daddio211

There's a LOT to be said for the acceptance this car has received here. ANYTHING on a Caprice chassis is usually flamed until its closed, but your vision, skills and follow through have made this a HAMB hero car!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

25. I followed your build from the very beginning, and can only imagine the level of pride and accomplishment you feel!

Thank you for being so passionate about your build and our hobby!

Hats off to you and your Kaiser! :D

26. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

i found this on the Jalopnik site, then the above video on Leno, tracked it back here,

Man the hours on this car must be long forgotten , but very fine work !! this car is stunning. Al

27. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Thanks guys, it's been quite an experience. This wasn't my plan when I built the car, but I'll take it!

28. YoungAdmirer

YoungAdmirer

Just watched the Jay Leno video last night, totally forgot that your build thread was on here. Congrads beautiful work.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Jay obviously doesn't understand the "do not touch" rule.

30. Super nice build and car. I watched it from the start....lots of good and
    thoughtful work there. I thought Jay did a good interview......(some tv guys
    just talk too much). Anyway, thanks for sharing and all the best to you.