Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Roadster find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod36, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Mart

Mart

Congrats on a neat find.

I'd be tending towards minimising the modifications too. If I had an original 32 I'd be happy to just go and get ice cream in it. I think if you build a modern street rod and get rid of all the original 32 stuff (I know it's not strictly original to this body) some years from now you will regret it. Plus if you get rid of everything except the body, you are left with some cut up panels, not even a nice complete body. And if all you have is a few panels you might have done better buying a Brookeville body.

Sorry to be on a downer, but there's a lot more 32 in the collection of parts you have bought than the roadster body remnants, and lets face it, you have paid 32 money for it.

At the end of the day, it's your car.

Mart.

2. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Wow, what a find and a great story to go with it! Congrats. Enjoy that thing with yer Pops!

3. I agree...car would be far more valuable with all original stuff.

4. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I think I'll join the choir. It's getting harder and harder to find a stash like you've just bought. It sounds like to me that your not at all taken by the fact your in posession of the automotive equivalent of King Tut's Tomb. How about putting it up for grabs to someone who will buy you a Brookville Body and a new aftermarket frame with whatever aftermarket pieces that will satisfy your requirements. Might make a win/win for you and some appreciative soul. If you should decide to go that way send me a PM, I think I've got enough to make you a happy camper.

Frank

6. Well, Lynn Wineland and Doane Spencer put one in Doane's famous 32 Roadster!

7. hotrod36

hotrod36

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Lol, I think we are all missing the point somewhere here including myself. I do realize what I have and realize the value of the parts and am excited about the find.
    I am keeping all of the original pieces from this car except the frame and the suspension. The hood, grill, firewall, gas tank, roof bows, windshield frame, dash, etc. will all stay original. I don’t feel it is proper to cut up an original chassis and change all of the cross members including the K member, when someone else could use it or appreciate it more. I will be boxing it, filling steering box holes etc. to the point where what is really original anymore. I already own a few cars between my father and myself that have original drivelines and I feel they can’t compete with today’s traffic or speeds. We call them ice cream cars because that is where we drive them to, the ice cream store. Do we drive them, yes but not as much as we would like to. I won’t be making it a street rod or high tech roadster, it will be build traditional but with a modern trans and possibly repo rails.
    I feel if someone else would appreciate the frame rails and suspension more, than why not help someone out and pass it along. I understand that you guys are giving me positive comments and I do realize that I might be hurting the valve but it isn’t for sale anyways nor will it be.
    I want a car that I can enjoy; I want it to be mine and built to my specs and my needs. I understand history, and if it wasn’t Bill selling it, it would have been completely original. It was never a car that was ever completed or on the road as a hotrod. There was an attempt at one time to channel it but it was never finished. I really don’t see how my decision is wrecking anything; if anything be happy it will be on the road and not lost or crushed.
    I will post a picture of my Deuce Sedan I built and the chassis under the Roadster will be along the same lines, but hopefully with a quick change.
    Again, thanks for the comments, what people say does matter to me, hey by the time I start building it, I might change.
    All the best guys,
    Jamie
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-CA</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

8. hotrod36

hotrod36

It will have a Y block theres no doubt about it. Hopefully punched to 340 cubic inches.

9. hotrod36

hotrod36

Does this really look like it isn't traditional or wrecked. I felt it was pretty Kool. This style with an Henry Roaster body, pretty sick if you ask me.

Oh by the way it had air bags in the back. lol

Attached Files:

10. teejay99

teejay99

Just keep doing what you're doing Jamie ....great choice of motors too , that is unless you wanted to be the one million-th guy with a sbc powered Deuce . Great find , in T.O. no less !!

T

11. I think its in good hands, and I like your tudor!

12. hotrod36

hotrod36

Thanks man, greatly appreciated...

13. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Honestly, I just think you're scaring a few of us. You are talking like a street rodder. Ice cream cars?! Buddy, theres lots of us that drive "ice cream" cars across the country. I've put thousands of miles on a 32' cabriolet that is all ancient ford running gear and suspension. Before ya know its four bar suspension with a GM tilt column and Air conditioning on your billet serpentine belt small block chev. Ya gotta remember this messageboard is (or was depending on who you talk to) a traditionally focused forum. So theres lots of guys including myself that see your find as something to bolt together and get on the road. Its a dream find as it sits...I'd be tempted to put back to stock cause its so complete and I'm a total born and raised hot rodder! Just know that when you post here a portion of your audience are die hard guys with super traditional style with period everything down to the six volt system, cloth covered wiring and bias ply tires. Heck, I got a buddy that runs NOS spark plugs from the forties. So you have to expect a certain amount of trepidation from the folks on this forum when you're so quick to abandon the original frame and suspension. That being said have fun with it and make it your own, you got the winning lottery ticket. I messaged the guy 23 mins after it was listed and I had my fingers crossed for literally days but it wasn't meant to be.

14. hotrod36

hotrod36

Lol, not to worry, It will never be a street rod, even though there are lots already on here.

I will keep everyone posted with the slow progress and start a new thread when that time comes.

Thanks for the comments

15. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

I agree totaly, I drive my banger powered roadster everyday everywhere in the summer with out a screw newer than 1940, It's by no means an "Ice cream car". The funny part of the whole thing, is anyone that has built a hot rod knows that you simply can't beat Henry ford parts. I would take modifyed henry parts any day over cheezey aftermarket parts. That set of aftermarket rails is made of recycled chinese metal, How is that better than a frame engeniered in the Ford plant? It's not. And the axles and everything else work just as good or better too. thats why all that stuff is worth so much money. Because it's rare and in demand. Its in demand because it works. And builds the best TRADITIONAL hot rods.

16. hotrod36

hotrod36

I'm sorry you guys feel offended with my terms of &#8220;ice cream cars&#8221;. I live very close to the city and for me to get to any events; it means I need to use the freeway. Most events are an hour away on the freeway, and this means my ice cream cars aren&#8217;t capable of keeping up to normal traffic and highways speeds of 65mph. If your traditional hot rod is capable, then congratulations, I&#8217;m proud of you. What I plan on doing and what you do are two totally different things. You could be right and I could be wrong, if that makes you feel better inside, but I will still sell the original chassis and build a better one. I&#8217;ll be the guy driving 80 mph for seven hours straight and beat you to the flea market. (lol

I had a 36 Ford, bone stock original, down to the 6 volt system and cloth wiring that I made a traditional hot rod. Drove it everywhere I could, but it isn&#8217;t possible to drive at highway speeds anywhere, unless you make some changes. A 21 stud Flatie, original crush box, banjo with 4:11:1, no pressurized cap etc. doesn&#8217;t like anything above 50 mph. Hey it&#8217;s just reality, so if you think I could drive this car, to a U.S. event 7 hours away, you&#8217;re crazy.

Again, this form is a place where car guys come together, chat and get along. We might not all have the same opinions at times nor are we all going to but the end result is we have the same interests.

Keep wrenching boys, all the best.

17. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Theres always a Columbia or a quickchange with tall gears. With a little modification to the K-member you could run a Lincoln overdrive tranny or even a T-5 for that matter. There have always been traditional ways to get more legs outta your hot rod. Ya even got a set of 18" rims in the deal...they're good for more top end too. Just sayin...Ok, my traditional sermon is over. JohnnyA

18. alchemy

alchemy

He ain't givin up fellas. Did you see his tudor? I'll trust him to do a good job.

And he can sell the stocker chassis to guys like us.

19. hotrod36

hotrod36

I love this site and eveyone invovled with it. We all have our comments/opinions and as long as we keep it clean, we can have fun. I'm just stating my opinion as well as others are. Its all fun in the long run.

Now lets talk about a Columbia, I would love a good one for my 47 Ford Rag as long as it comes with the controls. Maybe we can work out a deal? I would drive it much more and futher if I had one of those. lol

I hope to see you guys at some meets this summer. All the best guys,

Jamie

20. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

21. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

I'll hand it to ya...you're a good sport about it all. Most folks fly off the handle when people try and tell em' how to build their cars. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit jealous of your score and that's probably why I'm trying to steer ya towards a more traditional car....Cause that's how I'd build it. I've had to literally fight for every scrap of 32' roadster I can find and it still doesn't add up to much so enjoy your find. Btw there's tricks to building a (sorta) cheap Columbia. There's an outfit that makes alotta repop parts and even a hydraulic system that simplifies the whole convoluted vacuum set up. I've had buddies find columbias for as cheap as $25-300, so if ya keep a sharp eye out and skip the dozens of little bits and pieces you can get one on the cheap...well sorta cheap anyways. JohnnyA

22. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Can't wait to see your build! Your old tudor was bad ass! Your new roadster will be even better.

23. Hey Jamie,

Just relax, those of us that know you, know it will be done correctly and capable of driving where ever you want, but look like it was built in the 60's!

24. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

There's a good call A Columbia would be great in that 46. Ive got one in my Roadster and she'll do 65mph all day with a banger.

25. venice original

venice original
    from VENICE CA

congrats !!!! you are a lucky man !!!!

26. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats, sure enough time to break out a few brewskis to celebrate!NOTE: no actual 32 Fords were harmed in this exchange!! ~sololobo~

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  27. Us Canadians are stubborn, Eh? :D

28. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Nahh he is not stubborn he is RIGHT= he knows what he wants,:D

29. hotrod36

hotrod36

Boys, thanks for everything and I mean everything, It still hasn't settle in yet and I still check on her and tuck her before night night time. I'm exceited about the whole situation and am pumped to get started. Its upsetting that it won't be for a while but atleast I can say I have it. Conmments are comments and they will never hurt me, only make me stronger, lol. See ya on the streets.

30. hotrod36

hotrod36

Thanks man, greatly appreciated!