Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 willys value?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay.S, Feb 19, 2013.

1. I have a picture of this car at my putor, the man I worked for took it up to $20 couple thou, I think someone flew in from the midwest and bought it.

2. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

10k is a bargain for the car and whoever said you can buy 40-41 coupes in steel for 20-25 is also wrong.if a guy can find a 41-42 in steel for 30,000-40,000 its a bargain.do research guys outlaw glass cars are 30k roller now.however 40 is alil easier to find then 41 but you will still be hard pressed to find one for 25k.15 years ago yea but today no.goodluck guys in your searches.

My take on things is the steel stuff is going back up as we speak they still make outlaw glass cars daily but real steel hardly exists.also if any of you guys can find me some steel coupes up to 25,000 Iam as player on them.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  3. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Just checked the ad guys he's taking offers and trade offers and says hes well above 11,000 on offers.so we"ll see.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. mad joe

mad joe

hello everyone!I'm the guy with the willy's,A lot of talk on here and some say askin too much some not enough.Bids are at 12g's now and lots of trade offers!The car is solid without any holes.And to the guy that says I want 25g's for my 29 ratrod is full of crap cuz I never told him the roof was cut off nor did I give him a price.Far cry from the 7500 I want.The 33 is still here cuz I haven't committed to anyone yet even thou guys are allready on there way!lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  5. mad joe

mad joe

Mr 57! Never posted a model a anywhere or told you 25g's!! And Jay.S obviously don't know what a willy's is worth! And to anyone who cares the car is a model 77 with a rumble seat.Thanks for all the interest,it's fun to read all the comments!

6. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

7. You tell 'em!

Any '33 is worth CASH! Maybe not retirement money, but enough.

Thanks for filling us in.

8. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Glad you came.on here Joe.I just love when all these guys underprice cars who don't have one.its easy to set behind a computer and throw numbers out its another thing to beat the bush and make calls and put the money up to buy rare cars.keep up the good work Joe I see your car even missing parts bringing 15-25,000.glad to help on my true figures

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Joe,
    Do you have any pictures of the car now. Maybe a link to some or something??
    Gasser Girl

10. mad joe

mad joe

Sorry,not tryin to advertise the car here,someone else took care of that! I am takin more pics though for the kijiji ad for those who think it's rotten.I do like this forum and will submit pics of my keeper cars just to chat with other enthusiasts.

11. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

When and where was the car found? By whom? Lets hear the story.....

12. Jay.S

Jay.S

You upset I posted this online?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Fact is certain models are high priced, Willys and 32 Fords especially. Many of us don't have or are too cheap to play in that game. That said you gotta step up if you really want it. For the times I have had 10-15 thousand in bicycles (real easy to do) I could have played in this realm. Other folks may have 20K in rifles and handguns sitting around. Where there is a will, there is a way.

14. I did that when I bought my 34 Ford roadster. Shit or get off the pot, as my ol man says. Cars like this Willys, do not and never will pop up everyday. If you want one bad enough, here's your chance. If, not, go back to playing with cars that will never be worth what a car like this will be.

15. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Well said Tinman And Chris I deal with people all the time calling trying to steal my willys.sorry folks I wasn't born Into money and with a silver spoon in my mouth so I have had to work my ass off to get my six steel willys.so with this being said Iam never in a hurry to give mine away either.good luck with the sell Joe I myself would hold out for 25,000 or so on the car. one mans trash is another man's treasure what some people think is too high a guy with money that's Been lookng awhile will step up to the plate and gladly pay and appreciate the fact that he has the chance to finally buy one.

16. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Thanks for chiming in Mad Joe!

I am one of the naysayers but according to this panel of experts you will get what you want for it.

Welcome.

17. Lighten up there buddy. Foam Lake ain't that big, and if the A in the ad isn't yours, then I apologize. This looks like a coupe with the top cut off. FWIW I do know what a Willys is worth, and I would love to see some pics of it now that it's out of the bush. It looks like a solid piece. Didn't even know they had rumble seats!

http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/c-car...-steel-body-no-fiber-glass-W0QQAdIdZ433299829

18. mad joe

mad joe

No problem!I have seen this coupe,new guy in town!And yeah the roof has been cut off but it's still a nice car, all chrome underneath.I didn't know it was for sale though.So my apology as well.

19. drumyn29

drumyn29

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

He's right!

21. mad joe

mad joe

Wondering if you or anyone else knows what you can use for newer spindles on the stock willy's axle.Or where to purchase a new setup.Would like disc brakes in a small bolt chev pattern but I'm not to fussy.

22. biscaynes

biscaynes

The 33 is still here cuz I haven't committed to anyone yet even thou guys are allready on there way!lol[/QUOTE]

don't you love the kijiji idiots! hopefully it finds a good home!

23. Mad Joe- based on your question above are you planning to possibly keep the 33 willys for yourself and build it? Or has it sold yet? That would be pretty cool if you decided to keep it and kept us posted on what your plans are for the build.

24. Weasel

Weasel

The spindles on the Model 77 Willys are exactly the same as the later 1937-42 Willys. The Model 77 king pins are smaller diameter. A disc brake conversion for the later cars will work on the earlier Model 77. The parts are readily available in the US at NAPA - don't know about Canada. I have all the part numbers. The only part that needs to be machined are the caliper brackets....

25. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Not to get pissy but you don't know that, I live close and have considered this car but seems it may not be for sale after all? I have more then one Willys (none of which are stock originals, one a blown injected 392) and am always interested in more.. I would love another model 77 and remain on the look. I have been away for a bit but have been watching this thread with interest. I would love to talk with Mad Joe and at least hear more of the story because as I said I am always looking and to find one so close to home did indeed surprise me!

In these economic times it is hard for most to come up with those kind of numbers and to blow the budget buying the project means likely the project will not get done? I have been there and know how easy it can happen. I have bought cars for what both buyer and seller deemed a fair price where both walk away happy and it may not have been the top of the scale but was fair to all and the car got finnished. just sayin..

Mad Joe you do have a find there and congrats on that, again I would love to hear the story on it sometime, as I have said I have always been on the hunt for Willys stuff around here and this one has been a ghost. And there is no doubt I would have loved to have been the one who found it!!!! :)

Bash

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  26. 10secterror

10secterror

Well, looks like I found another Willys body in Saskatchewan and its close to home.
    See what we can agree on for a price when all the snow melts.

27. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

What happened with the Willys?

28. Weasel

Weasel

Seems like it kinda trailed off and was a lot of blowing smoke. At least I have an all steel Model 77 rumble seat coupe with the nicest body you could hope to find that really is for sale and not just a fishing trip....

[​IMG]

29. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Weasel how much are you asking and where are you located? :D

Bash

30. Weasel

Weasel

^^^PM sent....