Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 willys value?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay.S, Feb 19, 2013.

1. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

You found 1933 steel rollers built with paint done for 20-25?....... Please give us the leads....... Quick math in my head knows that for a chassis,suspension,body and then finish work....that would be a steal.

2. Unfortunately this car is not recognized for it's potential in it's current location since most people within a 10hr ring of this car would view it as a project to restore back to original and not the supercharged 60's gasser we are all picturing.. This is the biggest problem being from central Canada is so many people have not caught on to the traditional and nostalgia scene properly and would think your weird if you showed up at a car show with this thing.. Sorry but to get this into the proper market where it's a steal it would have to travel quite a distance before people would appreciate what it could become.. I deal with comig across awesome project cars all the time which people around here have no idea how much everyone around the world is drooling over.. My bet is this thing will still be for sale by end of week. Again not many people have 10k to spend on a project around here even if it's a good deal this becomes only a target for a guy who has 10k to splurge on something other than a snowmobile or new truck which is 99% of the time in this part of the world.. Tin is still out there is all I gotta say!! Sorry for the rant..

3. Jay.S

Jay.S

4. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

TINMANN ! You know I want one of these!

5. tinmann

tinmann

Somehow I knew I would read your voice on this thread, Duane. If you need help to load it on your trailer, let me know........

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Actually a little higher.I just threw it out there as a guide,I understand it's worth is what a buyer will pay on any given day,but if it's priced so high nobody buys it is it overpriced or has the right buyer just not come along?

7. noboD

noboD

You can't use them for ANY car, they are a joke.

8. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I don't claim to have any experience in buying pre-war projects but If I pay 10 GRAND for a vehicle, I am driving it home!

I don't care if John Willys himself built that particular car as a gift for the president...I don't see how people with money AND sense would pay that for that shell. But then again, I have neither.

9. alsancle

alsancle

There is nothing more worthless than a price guide.

That car will bring 10k + all day long.

10. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Not that I want one, but whats the going price on a glass coupe and bare frame??
    I dont think you can even find a 33 glass body and frame anymore for under 10 G.

11. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

And its sold Without the wheels.....its a glass car.... And that's a long way way from a done roller.

I'm not attacking you personally....and believe me some of the prices of cars shock me too.....

But comparing those 2 is apples and oranges.....

I maybe wrong but I'd be willing to bet its easier to find an unmolested steel 32 Ford than a 33 Willys.

I was looking hard for over a year 2-3 years ago for a steel 33..... Had trouble even finding something I couldn't afford that wasn't prostreet done or butchered.

12. $10K! You guys are nuts! I'm thinking more like $9999.99.........

13. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

you cant assume he knows what he has or it wouldnt be out there in the fist place

14. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Goatropper.........That red gasser belongs to my buddy John Foust and is one of the badest 33 coupes on the east coast.
    Here's a shot of what I started with in 1978. It was rolled 2 and a half times at Kil-kare dragstrip.
    I paid 5500.00 bucks back in 1978 just for a busted up body and doors. But just like everything else the value has gone up. Sometime look at the back of an old Hot Rod Mag of what the going prices were of the coupes and customs back in the day.
    I say this coupe is worth it to someone thats always wanted a steel one and their going to keep it,...but if its something that your going to patch it up and try to make a few bucks trying to flip its probably not.

Attached Files:

15. henryj429

henryj429

Wow! You need to get out more. Last time I was in Saskatoon for Super Run I met a hundred hot rodders that have clue. You are obviously not paying attention.

16. I know someone that just sold one about a year or so ago.

It was in a little nicer shape and slightly more complete and he got $20,000.00 for it.

I'm not saying it's worth it, but it's what he got.

17. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I'm with ya....I know these steel cars aren't cheap.... I would've paid the 10,for the donor car that the OP started this thread about.....if I would have found it then.... Now I'm committed to a couple different "period correct" builds .......but that's for another thread....build to sell ...what's that? You just build more shop space!!!

18. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Did I miss a pic of the finished project?
    Love to see it.....

19. ev88f

ev88f

I guess it takes a lot of money to get a little willys :)

20. A hundred is pushing it...by a LONG shot...Our cars we've built have made it into canadian rods magazine pics coverage from the last two Saskatoon Super Runs covering mild customs in the first year and 2 straight axle cars the second year.. I'm tired of hearing "when are you going to paint it?" comments and "does your car have hydraulics?" from people at the shows and on the streets.. Wanna bet our next 2 cars getting built right now will make it in the next super run coverage in Canadian rods magazine next year?.. I am paying attention but it's such a small crowd here that gets it is all I was saying originally referring to whom the willys would appeal to...

21. Jay.S

Jay.S

Yeah. It's all r*t rods here not traditional stuff....

22. supply = little.....demand = great....for those looking and there are alot looking....in the crushing world you would keep a Ford or Chevy and the rest went by by...

funny how many 32 Fords have been found lately....and how many early Willys?

23. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Sorry Mainiacs but I must be getting worn out,at least if I owned it it wouldn't be worth very much like everything else I have ever owned and I could pass along savings to next buyer.Remember how long it took to sell my last 33 with all the right stuff?I can just imagine the horror show to get that coupe into the states,probably has no title which is a real problem in Mass.I think you need to go get that one and join the 33 club,remember to buy hi and sell low,make it up in volume,just like me:)

24. You nailed it. I have seen and know of 40-41s (rough one here locally) but have not seen an early Model 77 since Jim Siblys.

25. The Manitoba car show "scene" is no different. Tons of crappy rat rods and rat rod car clubs. Crappy lowriders and a lot of newer cars. You have to wade through a lot of crap (although there are a lot of really nice cars) to see anything interesting and I know of very few traditional hot rods, gassers, that exist here in Manitoba or get driven much if at all.

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I hear ya! I'm rebuilding my Essex into a more traditional styled rod, but I live out in the Manitoba boonies. Nobody within 100 miles that I can hang out with. I plan to drive the wheels off it once I get it back on the road.

27. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

the passionate few...

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve,
    Yes i remember your 33. It looked evil just sitting still.

29. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Heres one that came up for sale a couple of years ago not far from home.
    I was prepared to go around 15.000. It was sitting in that garage for over 30 + years. The steel 33 Willys needed ALOT of work but it still brought $26.500. :eek:

Attached Files:

30. I see I`m going to have to go looking in bushes some more.......