Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's going to the Early Bird swap in Puyallup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 4, 2013.

1. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Have fun at the swap meet!

I bet chris will drag more stuff home than he brings there!

2. dubcee

dubcee

Loadin up, see you there! ImageUploadedByTJJ1360949038.610527.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'll be there all the way from Dallas, Texas in the morning. Don't buy all the good stuff before I get there!

4. FEDER

FEDER

Because all the good deals are bought up Friday by other vendors then marked up and sold first thing sat morning. Saturday is second in line!! FED

5. Marcy

Marcy

Now the pressure is on to buy all the good stuff during set-up :)

Marcy

6. dubcee

dubcee

Wow, Marcy, AND Brian! Washington will never be the same!

7. evobuilder

evobuilder

I'm going.... looking to spend money on crap I don't need, but must have!

8. CGkidd

CGkidd

I have my booth set up feel free to stop on by #1634&1635 in the showplex building

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. Going to swing by and see Chris ,,, and see what goodies he has LOL !

10. A-231...can't miss it, it's the booth with nothin but bill shit and sky high prices!

11. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

I will be there with my wife and kiddo.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

F-217
    all you guys looking to bring home real crap you will never use, I got it- cheap!

14. Thank you again Chris for the window crank ! What did we all get today ? I bought a pair of Pierce County , Wash. 1935 plates in didn't need.. missed out on pair of Dragmaster 5 spokes for $40 dollars ( 5 on 5 ).. It was great seeing everyone.

15. evobuilder

evobuilder

yep, just as i thought...
    bought a tranny pan I did need
    and a new electric fan and SBC shofty pulley that I don't
    Scored a couple other little gems, like a Chinese punch set and 7 dollar burger.
    Great day!

16. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

No huge scores this year but always fun regardless. I did get a beautiful pair of 6.0 X 16" blackwall firestones on some bright yellow '40 ford rims for $70...made my trip well worth it. Oh and finding 3 stromberg 48s for $75 didn't hurt either. Got to check out Marshalls new shop and meet some hip hot rodders. Its a nice space and full of cool toys and customer cars. Halibrands and rare speed equipment everywhere you look! JohnnyA

17. SJR

SJR

Just got home, what a great day! got the parts I needed for the A , a windshield, peice above and visor, got a bunch of rusty T metal and a Crosley engine, boy is that thing cute! its a 44Cubic Inch marvel, dont know a thing about them but its going in a Mini Hotrod 9/16 scale , I just had to buy it and the price was way right , now need to find a trany it will bolt up to, the complete cluch and flywheel are there think its a46? maybe

18. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

I was also there yesterday, up in Seattle from Florida for a week. I always try to schedule February trips around the Puyallup swap meet because it is one of the few real ones left. I did not find anything, but I was looking for hard-to-find stuff and did not expect to. However, if anyone was looking for Ford flathead engines and parts, transmissions and parts, excellent original sheet metal for '30s Fords, genuine barn find Model As or late '30s - '40s Fords or Chevys it was terrific. I am about to email a friend back in Florida about the flathead stuff that I saw and the prices, much less on the average than eBay. Head out to Puyallup today if you are in the area. It was a good one.

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I spent some money. bought a convertible top frame and windshield header for a 49-52 chevy, a polished intake, mopar steering box as well as dropped off a few interior trim pieces at API to be chromed.

20. I sold a ton of stuff and saw many old and new friends! Out of towners Marcy, Bass and Sledge were there, fun seeing all you guys! Bass bought a T body he had to cram in the rental station wagon :) Picked up a few odds and ends and came home happy.the pass was horrible last night and sucked towing a trailer over but we made it now problem. My spot was awesome, already reserved it for next year.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  21. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

It was nice meeting you Chris had an real nice chat with. Hope to see at the East vs West.

22. Lurk king

Lurk king

Me and "polara Pat" had a great time.
    I found some good stuff. A "Dago'ed" axle,nice 32 dash and my best score of the day, a complete set of 40 ford front brakes that look like they only have a couple 100 miles on them for 35 bucks.
    Definetly worth the drive.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  23. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Great meet this year, much better than the rain-out last year. I successfully spent most of the money in my pocket on stuff I needed, and stuff I probably didn't. A big thanks to Chris for dealing with me on the driveshaft and other stuff, and the other Chris for helping me get it home...

24. desotot

desotot

scored some more 53 buick side stainless, some gauge parts, a cool mercury interior courtesy light, and some other bits and pieces as well as a 7.00 burger.

25. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Managed to spend a little money. Got a nice vega box for my Willys and a few other odds and ends.

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Couldn't make it. Had family in town, but my friends went and picked me up some cool old Weiand valve covers for my Falcon gasser project! Need the paint stripped and polished, but in great shape!
    [​IMG]

27. I purchased an Army surplus multi purpose trenching tool, you know the kind that makes into a shovel. It's taken me over 45 years since I filled my last sand bag with one of these tools along the banks of the Ma Song river in Viet Nam.
    I figured it and the olive drab canvas tool box I bought would go good in my Army Themed truck.
    I got to chat with Chris about a 29 Model A I turned him onto. But never did see Brian Bass.

Attached Files:

28. snot275

snot275

Let me know when you need me to drop that off by the way!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad