Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 50jeepster

50jeepster

1953 Buick Riviera
    [​IMG]

2. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

The Ford dealer in the town where my Dad grew up had a farm place just like that. He also took all the outdated NOS sheetmetal that was laying around the parts department and stuck it in one of the barns. Along with the dead trade ins, there were several old Ford coupes that had been made into stock cars. The guy would never sell any of it. Eventually, it all ended up getting crushed, including the NOS sheetmetal.

3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

That Buick is holding on....but nature is winning :(

4. the aussie ute's are really cool! that one is beautiful!! i've seen a pic in a ute thread on the H.A.M.B. of a #41 Pontiac roadster ute, that would it make for me! so many cool cars on the globe!! :rolleyes:

5. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  6. c57heaven

c57heaven

7. BobG

BobG

It's amazing what people scrapped, if they only could of known the future gold they were sitting on.

What's even more amazing is how the got all them cars piled up that high.

8. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

58 olds conv in that pile ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. Bart78

Bart78

10. Ruggie

Ruggie

Here is a couple i found today while expolring my local area,they were tucked away near the end of a long dirt road.the truck cabs look to be 1940's Ford and Morris,i'm unsure about the two other sedans.I will go back later in the week to see if they are for sale as there was no one there today.Sorry about the pics but it was the best i could do at the time.

Attached Files:

11. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

I remember growing up there was an old panel truck in the woods behind a house up the road from my parents.. Well, I bought the house just a few months ago but unfortunately the trucks gone, just a couple scraps left.. I'm certain it got scrapped.

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Looks like they might be the farm scrap pile, maybe you could get them for hauling it all away? I do that here all the time to get parts I need and end up making money off of the actual scrap and the good parts others want.

13. Ruggie

Ruggie

Yeh I thought it looked like the farm scrap pile too. They used to take the body's off and engine out to make a hay trailer from what was left,you see these trailers every where around here still in use.

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Same with here, I picked up a mint 33 Plymouth farm trailer a while back, found most of the car was used around the farm, the hood was a doghouse, the one rear fender was a grain chute, some of the body was used to patch a chicken coop... I got the engine though.

15. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Same down here, hay trailers last forever! I picked up a '30-'31 LaSalle chassis hay wagon at a large estate auction last fall. Has a set of the Buffalo knock-off wire wheels, which eventually I'll put up for sale. The guy was a hoarder, dozens of "A"s, early 30s G.M. stuff, a 1931 Chevrolet touring! South American car, right hand drive. One heck of a sale and actually I think a lot of the stuff was picked up by car guys!!

16. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Man, love it, my kind of shop!! Reminds me of "Ralph's" old shop, really rustic, built out of scraps, neat stuff on the walls old calenders and advertising signage. Big; 30 x 40 feet, side walls at least 15-16 feet high. Ralph farmed some, but did repair work on the side, including big tractors and combines; all inside! I miss that place, did a lot of work there myself!!

17. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

this 60 or 61 Falcon is sitting on some private land behind a storage facility. There is a locked privacy fence around the property.

[​IMG]

18. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Is it summer in Australia? Just curious, looks alot warmer than it is here right now.

19. chrisp

chrisp

Earth is tilted on it's axis so when we are further from the sun (winter for us) they are closer (summer for them) and all this because earth is a sphere.

20. This whole thread is depressing... and kinda mesmerizing. I know of a guy who has almost every car his immediate family has owned since the 50's. Model A's, two Dodge brothers tourings, an old dump truck, Galaxies, etc, etc, etc. And then there is that guy I went to high school with who had a Deuce five window, bone stock, rotting behind the house amoungst the pine needles. His family moved, and Ive wanted to go back and see if its there, but I just cant bring myself to.

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Are you still pin striping?

22. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Any pics off the art in your barn?

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'd say go for it, you never know what could happen, you might be glad you did, or you might make a trip to look at an empty yard... it's all part of the hunt.

24. Ruggie

Ruggie

Yes it is summer over here but we are getting to the end of it.It has been a good summer too if you take out the floods,fire and heat waves.;)

25. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

Any pics off the art in your barn? <!-- / message -->

Attached Files:

26. Hey, what's up, man! Long story short, I got my whole striping box stolen, and took a break when I moved out of down. Since Ive been back, Ive accumulated brushes and colors and Im back at it. I put some of my recent stuff in the last friday art. Been honin my paint and airbrush skills too.

27. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

I don't have pictures of it yet but I know where there is a 1959 Dodge 4 door sedan near me.
    It is owned by my girlfriends friend.
    I was informed they aren't selling.
    One of these days I will have to go look at it and get pictures of it and maybe even hint to them when they are ready to sell it to give me a call.
    Just going to take my time with it and not push these people to get them mad.

28. dmikulec

dmikulec

Sitting and rotting, but only for a few more days.

[​IMG]

Last registered in the early 70s, then sat in a barn for over twenty years. All original, 99% intact. Even has skirts. :cool:

29. Bart78

Bart78

30. dmikulec

dmikulec

I wouldn't mind snagging that visor!