Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Weesner's Scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. weez

weez

Wow, thanks for all the nice words guys! And thanks Ryan!

This sketch was sitting on my desk at work for a few years, (like '97-'01) I kept updating it when a car would get changed or whatever, it was totally for my own amusement- not supposed to be pretty or anything, haha! I don't even know what all the little coded notations mean...

The kind of thing I would do at work instead of, uh- working. I actually found a whole other similar one that's more extensive! I also did a little visual list of all the historic cars that were at the '99 GNRS- I'll try to find those...

2. Keith, did one of these types of sketches make it to print? I am sure I saw something similar to this in one of the magazines?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I like. I have a short term personal goal of owning an original Weez painting but something like that, that's off the cuff would be incredible too.

The thing I like most about his stuff is that it makes me think more critiqually towards things like wheels tires and stance. Find myself trying to implement all that into the real world which sometimes makes my life more difficult but that damn proportions on the cars he paints are the "sweet spot" and I can't help but to wish real cars looked more like that.

4. slammed

slammed

Many builds lately should take these styling cues. Too many milk truck wheeled thingy scraping rockers w/tractor grills.

5. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

A true artist...

6. nuthead

nuthead
    from Alpine,CA

I think the fuel fendered sedan in the middle is my car? I bought it from Kevan from Shifters back in 1999.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Keith's chicks gimme wood and they're not even real.

8. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

I hope to own a Weesner one day myself. I love all the details. My fav artist. Looking forward to picking up some more shirts and prints at the LSRU

9. silent rick

silent rick

it's stuff like this that becomes the most sought after

10. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Keith, just checked out this post and after seeing your comment, I came up with a name for this work of yours. How about a 'to-doodle list'. Nothin' fancy, but cool none the less. I think my faves are your 'little book' covers. Back when they were 25 cents a pop, the cover was definitely part of the reason to purchase a mag. A Fan, Carp

11. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Been diggin his stuff for years. Thanx Mr. Weesner for your work. Truely awsome...

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

I've also loved your work Keith, keep 'em coming.

13. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

What a cool concept. Dig it!

14. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I had that up on my computer screen at work today.
    A guy walked by who is not really into hot rod etc...
    But it stopped him in his tracks when he saw it, and he had to ask who drew it, and other questions.

I think that speaks volumes.

15. autobilly

autobilly

I'm surprised he (Keith) gets time to draw/paint, he seems to get around more than Jay Ward.:D

16. BISHOP

BISHOP

That says alot about a person. COOL.

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

As an art student, I have several artists whose style I always try to emulate in my work because they're the most visually appealing. Keith Weesner is one of the few artists I hold in high regard.

He has quite a way with the "less is more" philosophy and letting the color in his work define the subjects. Then sometimes, the "less is more" philosophy goes out the window when he draws a female the size of his thumbnail and she looks perfect. Then, of course, there's his uncanny, yet incredible talent of getting proportions right in everything. I have an album on my computer labeled "Keith Weesner" and it has as many pictures of his artwork as I can find, just because they're too good to be mixed in with everything else.

18. kool 52

kool 52

Keith's work is universal,We have several prints hanging in our house,Entry,Dining & Passage.It is amazing how many people comment on the cool art who have no connection to cars at all in their life,Adults & Kids!it doesnt matter they all enjoy.

19. otas

otas

We always buy his stuff at the LSRU. Get home and have it framed. Cooool stuff.....

20. One of my absolute favorite's! I buy posters and have them laminated for my garage wall. I wish the new issue of Gearhead would come out with the Weesner feature.I guess its been held up for a long due to a lack of advertisers.

21. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

A true Keeper of the Flame !

22. S.F.

S.F.

bottom left is Jimmy Whites hemi coupe prior to the repaint and magnesium wheels correct?

23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Weesner's art is a major factor in the direction of my build.....a ruler of late '50's-early '60's style...and hot chickies.....

24. weez

weez

Yes, it is- I've seen that car do some amazing things...

25. And more importantly he knows who the Gun Club and Fur Bible are.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Cool art, cool cat, doesn't get any better than his work. Plus his devotion to the sport and participation in events and providing all his renderings to events is unequaled. We are blessed. ~sololobo~

27. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I have yet to see one of his works that I didn't totally want to live in!!! Btw still stoked and honored to have you sign my dash last year at Torque Fest my man!

28. autobilly

autobilly

Says it perfectly. I have thought that about Sparking.
    [​IMG]

29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

When I saw this one on FB I thought it would be a great poster....! Keith is a one and only always great stuff!

30. ratster

ratster