Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Here's a cool one...hard to find anywhere including here in Mexico...i remember years ago a pal o mine and me arrived with the ex owner of this 34 at the same time dealin this car..i left it to him cause the price was too high for me,i passed!!
    Has been partially restored and this is the current conds...i think it will repainted too..

Attached Files:

2. Suzan0ne is a SPAMMER.

3. sled

sled

argghhhh...i can see that!!Gone already...back to the fun!!!

4. loggy

loggy

Hey Sled :)

Been a looong time since i've posted on this forum....came for a look around,glad to see this thread kept moving....So cool.
    The post above interested me as i'm from stevenage,where Vincents were manufactured....Super cool bikes,very sought after now,best thing that ever came outta this town!!:D...Did you ever manage to pick this one up?
    Glad you're still finding the coolest bikes/cars man....Hope you're good mate take it easy :)

5. sled

sled

Hey Loggy,all fine and well here in sunny Mexico
    A mate of mine couple months ago managed to buy th Vincent in question and he's currently restoring it properly...finally,I'm happy to see his cool bike back in action after so many years apart
    We agreed with th new owner that paint ha to stay original,even if it has a small dent on one side of the tank...curious to hear it running soon mate:D

6. Holly shit.. I forgot all about this thread!!! Glad I stumbled across it!! Great way to kill time before the Super Bowl!!

7. sled

sled

so,who won??

8. 4psi

4psi

You win for posting all your findings!!

The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl.

-Charlie

9. loggy

loggy

That's great news buddy.......
    Even better that the paint stays original for me....you can't buy that....and enough over restored bikes around already :) One day i will come to you for a pan! *sigh* :rolleyes: :D

10. sled

sled

Pan..head???i got one right now in case,ah!

11. sled

sled

Well,sometimes only a bit of luck is needed...been talking with a motorcycle mechanic about his Ford Econoline for sale that is stored in a pension storage close by...he could'nt go,being alone in the shop.
    Got directions and been there straight away to evaluate the deal but after takin a quick look at the Econoline i realized its too rusty to be considered...
    asked the young kids working there about more old cars in storage and the guy pointed me to the far corner where this Stude coupe is sitting there...
    Not bad conds overall,faded paint but looks untouched..6 inline engine,not what i was expecting but nonetheless a cool Champion coupe..Too complete for the Panamericana!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  12. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I see the potential,
    That would be a fun one to get back on the road, might have to find a better motor and trans though, maybe LS3 and six speed, then update the brakes, some 17in bonneville rims and new tires, get some comfortable seats and a new paint job,, heh heh heh
    thanks Sled

13. sled

sled

14. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

Always been a huge fan of the Mexican Super Bees of the 70's. my dad is Mexican and in '68 his uncle purchased a brand new Barracuda and brought back to Mexico with him, they never had a Barracda released for their market and people were making him cash offers on the spot for it.

15. 4444Design

4444Design

incredible what kinda stuff can be found in mexico ...

would like to live there just to find all those gems

16. zarbtime

zarbtime

Enjoy your thread...Thanks for posting...

17. sled

sled

Yeah,I believe you on the spot on offers...in my opinion the Mexican 65/68 Barracuda is way nicer than the American version...lovely back window,nice body flow and,cool interior..Especially the first year 65,cool cars that are lookin good still today

18. sled

sled

There still some good hidden stuff down here,but I really feel we are the last generation of hoarders..not collecting,but findin it

19. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

20. sled

sled

21. rag-4

rag-4

Hello Sled... How is it going? Hope all is well.

22. sled

sled

rag-4...yep,all well here in the sunny Mexico but been superbusy lately with many things..just relaxing a bit these Easter days to get my hands on a cool BMW R69S soon..pics cominnn

Salt Flats Speed Shop likes this.
  23. Aeroman

Aeroman

My family is from Jalisco and Michoacan.

24. sled

sled

A pal of mine here in DF (Mexico City) found this Corvette ,so credit goes to him..he invited me to check out the car and having a tech feedback..
    Not a everyday's find due to the very good overall conds,with faded original paint and car is also fully running..a very rich mexican politician was the owner since new,and according to the pics given with the car he was a good friend of J.F. Kennedy in those years..they are still hidden around , fellas!

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sled, you continue to amaze with these great finds!

26. Aeroman

Aeroman

27. sled

sled

Thanks,since i do spend most of my time in such finds all over Mexico some good stuff pops up suddently..got some more;):D ,stay tuned and glad you guys are havin fun with it

28. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

29. sled

sled

Thanks Aeroman...cool that you family down here..i know in Michoacan there are still good cars hidden away ,especially old trucks

30. sled

sled

yep ,it has been sold for 45K to a guy in Califas recently..