Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SLOTS OF DOOM are back....Milwaukee hamber's let's race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PBRmeASAP, Feb 1, 2013.

1. We are doing it again....years past it's always been a blast. Some people have 'borrowed' cars and blew them up, people have had to take there wreakage home in a basket. Any way you look at it, it's been fun. Not to mention what else it there to do in February in Wisconsin, it's too cold to work on our cars.
    We got noon to 2 of track time, and plan on crying our eyes out after the races over some beer and pizza next door at the tavern after.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. What classes are you running?

Mark

3. x-shift

x-shift

1/24 scale cars on an 8 lane track. Loaner cars are included, or you can run what ya brung!

4. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Cool deal. A little far for me to travel for this event though. Seriously, there needs to be more stuff like this to get everyone out during the winter months. Hope you have a good turnout and all have a blast.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, if I were anywhere in the upper midwest I'd be there! 'Course, if I were anywhere in the upper midwest right now I'd probably be frozen into a life sized block sort of like a Swede-sicle! Does sound like it would be worth breaking my no temps under 30 degrees rule though...

6. x-shift

x-shift

We had a heat wave yesterday, it was almost 8 degrees! We use a lighter oil on these days...

7. come on up..
    long range forecast shows 42 and sun! Plus there's the model A swap meet the day after!

8. Bumping this back up.....

should have my car in the next day or two to start building...

9. x-shift

x-shift

These are going to give me at least another 10hp...

wheels.jpg

10. Bumping this back up....
    got this the other day....
    [​IMG]
    now time to start building

anyone else wanna come run?

11. Lucky Bob's is not too far from me, I think I was in there only once checking it out with a friend.
    Hmmm, rental cars for $10? maybe I'll go. Haven't run a slot car since I was a kid, so I will be really crappy at it...so much more the fun.

12. believe me......non of us are any good.... just a good excuse to do something with like minded people and smash cars up

13. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I could make this.... Sounds like a helluva lot of fun. I still have my slot cars from 25 years ago. I hope you'll do it again this summer or fall.

14. I've got two of the Johnny Ace Slots of Doom posters!
    I think the only time I buy fresh tires for my cars is for Slots of Doom.
    I'll do my best to make it this year!

15. Damn, I better get to werk on the Slot-Bomb!
    Why is my pic upside down? Its normal when ya click on it. Not a very good pic either.

Attached Files:

16. x-shift

x-shift

Alright PBR, we're lookin' for some build pics...

17. wisdonm

wisdonm

Like beebing says, it sounds like a good deal. I too haven't run a slot car since '65. There's a bar you say?

18. about a block away for the after racing fun....or crying...

I got your 10hp....
    [​IMG]

blower should bump me up 50% more right?

19. Hahaha... we have "no class"!

Blowers are for cheaters!

Hope that dude doesn't show up looking for me after I destroyed his funny car... "Oh Well"... that's why we call them the "Slots O Doom"!

You take your chances!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cNluqaRG8cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  20. that is awesome. i would love to go, but i live very far away, dont have a car, and have little slot experience. there is a place i can go to though, wish there was some hambers down here to have fun with.

21. If you make it up here don't forget to bring your collection so I can run the piss outa them!

Tell Brett that he's not allowed to bring that non-traditional PT cruiser for the drags until it is painted anything other than that bovine paint scheme (Holy Cow"!)!!!:eek::D!

22. damn it's getting close...gotta finish the car

23. LUCKY BOBS has a cool set up for multiple track configurations... Circle, Road Race, and Drag... so build a car for each track or build a car for every track.

24. Crap one for each track...I got way to much time into one for one track!
    See ya saturday?

25. x-shift

x-shift

Okay PBR, so you got a blower. I'm going through my sticker box tonight, 'cause EVERYONE knows that stickers make you go faster! Better bring your A-game...

26. hell, i'm bringing my b, c, and d, just to smoke your ass!
    Now i gotta dig out my old model boxes for some vintage water slides for the gasser....GAME ON!

27. x-shift

x-shift

I haven't seen any response from the Cheaters yet. Do you think they're... CHICKENS?

28. They have to ask their Probation officers:eek:

29. x-shift

x-shift

Just think... in less than 24 hours, PBR is gonna get his ass handed to him. I can hardly wait!

30. Gassers rule....that's all i'm saying