Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

^^^^^ Sure doesn't look bad in the pics. Hopefully you can come to an agreement on price and save it.

2. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

My yard art

Attached Files:

• ute2.JPG
      ute2.JPG
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Bart78

Bart78

It's sitting in a low area. There were leafs and sticks piled up to the middle of the trunk lid. From them washing up against it. The tail pan is all gone. It's got a ton of rust.

4. RayMiller

RayMiller

Ute!!!!! That is very cool!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Cooke county tennesee is the stolen car capital of the world I am still looking for my dads 1960 mercury monteray probably met same fate taken in 1970 in knoxville

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Wow, I wish that was in my yard! :D

7. Hey Dr Dirt, Who chopped the ass of that coupe to make it into a ute ? Looks like a decent conversion with the swage line all the way to the end at the tailgate.

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It looks to be a real ute.

9. It does look good from a distance. Enlarge it. Side panel to rear should be one piece.

10. wheelnut46

wheelnut46
    from RI, USA

Post 1485

I'm reading this whole thread. I'm speechless. That right there is the dream. Well done.

11. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

The UTEs real Was brought back from Australia 12yrs ago. RT hand drive, complete except for tailgate.

12. That '39 Ford truck looks good. The stainless trim around the perimeter of the grille is the same for '38 and '39 and just about impossible to find--the one on that '39 looks close to perfect.

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I think what you are seeing is a rust stain, it looks one piece to me.

14. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

A better picture for the non believers

Attached Files:

15. I believe, i believe, can just see the three holes for the spare wheel holder. Typical Aussie gun turret as well. Look out skippy :D:

16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That thing is all kinds of cool!

Was it hard to get into the US?

17. 50jeepster

50jeepster

18. papastoyss

papastoyss

Dennis Carpenter now has repro body panels for 40 coupes including 1/4 panels

19. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

20. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

There's all the pieces I need for mine or find someone between texas and calif. that needs another project

Attached Files:

21. Bart78

Bart78

[​IMG]the rest of it

22. If I get these pictures to work, heres a bunch I have to go pick up yet. Around 75 - 100 cars in total. These were all driven into where they now sit. They were trade ins at the local dealership and because they werent very valuable, the man that owned the dealership just drove them all out to his farm. After the first few engine pieces were stolen he went and welded most of the hoods shut. Years of vandalism and stealing of parts has turned these into parts cars at best. But there are still some good parts and even some decent solid bodies to start with.

Attached Files:

23. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Cool, but sad.. I love this thread!

24. Heres a couple pictures of a boat I've wanted to buy really only for the engine, but unfortunately it's not for sale.

Attached Files:

25. fivefivechevy

fivefivechevy

I dont have any pics but every time I go fishin I see old cars everywhere, they used to dump em on the banks to stop erosion, I found a mostly complete shell of a 57 chevy nomad 2 door, even some of the chrome was there, its gone now so I think someone dug it up and hauled it off. On and island there was what Im pretty sure was a 40 willys coupe, half buried in river rock, pretty crazy, I should get some pics

26. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Definitely want pics! A '40 Willys coupe would be worth digging up!

27. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Are you saying you need the back half of a coupe to make your ute into a coupe?????? Say it ain't so.

28. Yeah, he's gonna restore it some day..........NOT!:(

29. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Dr Dirt [​IMG]
    There's all the pieces I need for mine or find someone between texas and calif. that needs another project

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Are you saying you need the back half of a coupe to make your ute into a coupe?????? Say it ain't so.............

No but a set of lower quarters with floor and roof patch would work.

Too many projects. If I ever sell it the 46 chev sedan delivery will take it's place as yard art

Attached Files:

• 46.JPG
      46.JPG
      File size:
      462 KB
      Views:
  30. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

A crappy cell pic from like 8 years ago. A buddy told me he found something vintage and that he wasnt sure what it was. he said that it was on a farm not to far from his place. We drove out and saw this. There was nothing left and the back end was rusted off almost. We did find an intake for a flathead in the grass and also a carb and some other bits here and there. went back a few years later and it was gone.

Attached Files:

• l.jpg
      l.jpg
      File size:
      195.7 KB
      Views: