Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

now we're stooping to buying rebel rodz (oh man, it pains me just to type it the way they spell it) just to see ourselves in a magazine...

2. HaHa!!! So awesome!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. lorodz

lorodz

Anyone know what addition of the rebel rodz the coverage is in. Thanks

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. April 2013
    [​IMG]

5. I know I could have just given the date, but I threw the cover in there to disturb General Gow's sensibilities....

6. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Nice to see all of the magazine coverage, they should have hit the street too! Some awesome rides and stories out there too! All I can say is that I am glad I was apart of the first one. -E

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Kev,

You can pick your stuff up from the curb any time after dawn tomorrow...

I just hope you get here before the pickers.

lol.

8. General, don't be sore just because they left out the picture of you playing tug-0-war with the skid-steer...

You should at least yardsale the stuff and have the scrapman come get the rest....

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

See Ya at sun up 30 :)

10. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

^^^^^
    I need new body for this year :)

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Hahaha. Poor Kev. He's probably off working hard while I make fun of him...

12. Thanks for trying to grab my stuff for me Bill....

I'm pleased to say I made Mark carry it all back inside, along with his very own copy of Rebel Rodz....

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Lord have mercy.

14. Hey All...

We are potentially working on a MAY 4TH date in Asbury Park. I'll start a thread if it becomes official. The potential April date could not happen as it was the same weekend as Olie, the big vintage bike swap I can't miss.

I have been talking with a bunch of people, lots of cool stuff being built just for the TROG. Sick!!!!

Post some pics if you feel like it. A bunch of guys are building some cool bikes this year. I love it, old parts piles coming off the shelf to come together and run our race. Fun, fun, fun!

We are working on three other places in America as well... stay tuned!

15. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

OH YEAH coolest deal going and 5 minutes away. don't get better then that. just gotta get the 35 put back together.

16. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

WHOA WHAT ROG #2 May 4th!!!!????

17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Odysseus' Revenge?

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

Ready for October?

18. moose

moose

[​IMG]

How are those gonna fit your Y-block?

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it was a hint that perhaps the car might be taking a new road...

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Good!!! Get it ready! I need someone to put my 33 up against which is being built for this years ROG!!

21. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Here is my 4 banger entry.
    Single seat, windshield from 40 something..........

Attached Files:

22. I like that!!! Hop that banger up, you don't want to look like Mark in the Silver Dollar spl! Hahaaa...

Speaking of, the Silver City is getting a new bad ass banger engine this year. Some old built for Bonneville banger that was under somebody bench.

I'll be done with my design job next week, so I'll be back in garage with my hopeful entries.

Not sure, but I think I may run a 29 roadster in spring. Maybe try and get the 34 roadster up for the fall?

23. You...!!! I should make finish by spring! Just to turn the heat on.

Hopefully see you in Austin!

24. No, T Bone.

The 2nd Annual TROG is in October back in Allenhurst. Most likely the same weekend.

It will remain there as long as we can work things out every year with Allenhurst, and of course... if the beach facilities are ready. All looks like it will be together by then. Aka, Sandy.

May 4th will be an all out beach race to qualify you for the 2nd Annual. We plan to keep the races small and special. 20 cars, 20 bikes, every year for the Annuals. So there will be a battle at the beach in Asbury to secure a spot for the 2nd Annual.

We also had a good time last year at the pre parties. Allenhurst is too nice a town for dirty Rock and Roll. So the plan has always been to shake it up at night in Asbury while everyone is in town. We hope to rent the convention center if I can find a worthy R&R band, shouldn't be too hard of a problem. We are hoping to secure another location indoors for a little CHOPPER show, mini autorama! Still working out details, ...so we'll see what sticks.

Stay tuned...

25. Normally I'd wait a hair to see if more things fall into place before I give a heads up.

But... There are so many people building specifically for the beach races that I know about, that I want everyone to have a fair shot.

I too have a ton of work... I have no car at moment. Just blown apart projects. I also have a bike to fix, and get ready for the race.

If we have any dual sport bike/car guys here? Bikes will be stripped this year to race. Last year I set a bad example as I was too busy building props and getting a roadster together, that I never had time to work on my bike. Barely had enough time to make a number plate. No headlights, horns, big fenders this year!

Get READY! Lets RACE!!!

26. teddyp

teddyp

everything sounds great best of luck hope to be there

27. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May 4th!! I will drive there in my car. Deadlines force me to get the work done.

28. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I have a hop up banger im putting in it and some speed parts.:)

29. incogneto

incogneto
    from Australia

I just spent too many hours reading ALL the posts in this thread.
    All I can say is .......... Fantastic!!!!

Looked like, and read like it was a great event.

Wish we had somewhere like the Jersey Shore out here, to run an event like this!!!

Thankyou to all the contributors to this thread. You made my weekend reading so enjoyable

30. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ