Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. canuck43

canuck43
    from Ontario

Good job Mark...I just finished reading...I sure hope to see you and Lil at Cobo.

2. Well last Saturday ol Bob came up and ran the rear brake lines..everything is done from the wheel cylinders to the rubber flex line..he's a pro at that double flairing brake lines..i hate doing it:mad:
    I welded the front tabs on for the rubber lines to the front brakes..when i ordered the check valves for the brakes i didn't know that they were an?? Thread so we had to stop till they got ordered and arrive...
    I also picked up the windshield glass...the guy at Monroe Glass Doctor (but they aren't in Monroe):confused: only charged $48 to cut it...lots of curves in a topo windshield..plus when i opened the box with the front glass pattern a template fell out for the rear glass..forgot it was in there..he also cut that and didn't charge me anything for it ..and it had to be ground all the way around..i ld recommend them with two thumbs up...

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

do you still need those bulkhead frame line connectors?

i aint found em yet, but think im closing in on them

4. Randy i was going to call ya today..but...the way my front hairpins are setup we decided i'ld have better clearance with the rubber lines if we mounted the tabs and came out on top of the frame rails..otherwise there would have been a high probability of the lines hitting the hairpins.....appreciate the effort but it works better this way...

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Good enough boss, and I would say good call. I found i couldnt use them on my set up either, same type of interfearence issue

6. well we had a family death to deal with this past week...put a hold on Lil Beast's progress and parts ordering...but my Tilton hydraulic throw out bearing is bring built this week..next day air its too be delivered this Wednesday..then i didn't think to check the thread pitch on the wilwood residual valves i ordered..so i ordered the adapters for them and the adjusting valve tonite..also ordered a t stat block from Bob at Hot Heads Hemi...don't like the look of the cross over they sell so gonna price my own setup together...out stays slow here tonite I'm planning on work in on the dash surround for my 56 Olds cluster...hopefully tomorrow I'll yank the Hemi again and start the firewall......gonna be a real busy ass couple of Weeks trying to get Lil Beast to the point of being self moving....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  7. magneto57

magneto57

Looks geat...........rich

8. Got a surprise yesterday when my brake parts showed up..specially after the guy at summit said no deliveries on sat...so Bob came up and the lines are run from both ends to the master cylinder...all residual and adjusting valve are in...trying to find out info on master cylinders for both the clutch and the brakes.. uploadfromtaptalk1361116724843.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Went to check three mail today and this was sitting on the porch.... uploadfromtaptalk1361238597086.jpg

wasn't supposed to arrive till Wednesday....cause they had to build it :rolleyes: kinda like all my parts orders are getting filled asap to help get Lil Beast ready for Cobo....down to ordering the last few parts...need a master cylinder for the new hydraulic to bearing...and also ordering a real harmonic balancer for the 325 Hemi....still tons to do.....

10. Carmen563

Carmen563
    from usa

looks great...hang in there buddy...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. canuck43

canuck43
    from Ontario

you are doing a good job...lotta people cheering for ya..even Summit by the sounds of it.

12. Received the t stat housing today from hot heads....there's a whoping 4 1/2" between the housing and the water Ports in the heads each way...:eek:...a also a can of engine paint i ordered from jegs...vht metal flake...might go a different color....too tired last nite to pull the Hemi out...getting down to the wire for Cobo...the hydraulic to bearing sounds like a pain in the ass to set up, we ll see hopefully this Saturday...
    Doesn't look like I'll be able to buy the 10 spoke wheels I'm wanting to run...sucky part about that is i have roller radials on the front one some really clean, sweet slots...the wheels will be up for sale i suppose after Cobo...wouldn't bother me so much if i had some bias ply to throw on the slots:eek:...

13. davo461

davo461

Keep pluggin on, Mark. We're all cheering for you!
    Davo.

14. Im cheering for ya from NZ Mark,YOU CAN DO IT !! JW :)

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

56 olds dash eh?

sounds familiar,,i used the instrument pod in my A build im sure you've seen it..

sounds interesting in the topo, like to see what your idea looks like

16. Randy, I'm just trying to use the cluster...and it looks different then yours does..different model i would assume pullers the Hemi yesterday before going into work..was a really shitty day art work yesterday...so i didn't make it out to the garage last nite..then today i been shovlng snow so not much happening out here today either...I'm off on sat only so it'll be a long ass nite out here tonite after midnite uploadfromtaptalk1361557728898.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361557743146.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

17. I have been following this build for a while.

I can't wait to see this thing at Cobo Hall. Get after it!

18. You and alot of other folks here have been.we ll make it..just a matter of how much i can get done by then..Lil Beast might still be needin a bit of work in a few places.....but I'm workin on it!!!!!

19. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Look forward to seeing it Detroit Autorama

20. tonite after work i finished the template for the firewall....seperated the 5 speed Trans from the Hemi..ordered a Tilton master cylinder for the Tilton throwout
    bearing...and knocked down some of the flash off the Hemi in prep for painting it...back at it after a bit of shut eye....:eek:

21. Lil quick break to warm up...working on the firewall...keeps going good i should have it on tonite.... uploadfromtaptalk1361666307113.jpg

Also Jegs got the clutch master cylinder shipped out and delivered today...one of the up sides to living close to Detroit...ordered it last nite about 10:40pm....here by 9:20 am today...

Ok, back to the garage

22. well the thrash was basicly a success.....except for Jegs sending the wrong master cylinder for the throwout bearing....but we got to Cobo for the Autorama extreme.
    ...way cool,,,tons of fun and great cars.....and some amazing people!!...looking forward to next year!!!

so bringing it up to date, I finally have all the parts and fittings to finish the clutch....and will pick up the last of the parts for the water crossover setup i'm putting together to go with my Lil John's Stuff water pump.....I need to modify the matching lower pulley spacer and drill it out to match the new harmonic balancer...and i'm trying to fab a altenator mounting setup as the one they sell would interfere with my lower hose,,,and I don't want to go with a high mount...hate that look,,, I think I have it close, .....so it'll be a blitz this Friday nite after work and Saturday....a lil luck and i'll at least be able to fill the system with coolant and get to drive it in the alley my garage is on....figure I can get around the block before it would reach temp:rolleyes:.......

23. a few shots from the show

Lil Beast cobo 3.jpg

lil beast cobo 2013.jpg

Lil Beast cobo 5.jpg

24. Crossover setup is going to work great!!!

Attached Files:

25. Lil Beast looks great Mark . JW :)

26. oj

oj

Looking good, it has come a long way.

27. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So cool y'all made Detroit Mark! Kudos.

28. Thanks guys....gettin Lil Beast into the show at Cobo was way to cool!! Just what i needed after 4 1/2 years on Tryin to get to the road...between life and a job change after 10 years....ya, way cool after out again today..only one day off a week...bustin ass to try drive into sins of steel June first!!!! Chain out the clutch master cylinder kegs screwed up on uploadfromtaptalk1363478201922.jpg

29. Well last nite i worked on the topo..got the water cross over plumbed in...fooled around with the alternator mounting....and finished installing and bleedin the hydraulic clutch/throwout bearing..need to find a joint that either fitss the Vega drive shaft and the big Olds rear yoke or a different shaft...or yoke..nit sure what my options are with all that.. uploadfromtaptalk1364144769792.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364144817357.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364144833129.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364144848447.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364144886426.jpg .

30. Still need to tire down the master cylinder lines...and get the spacer modified for the Lil Johns stuff water pump lower pulley...and iron out the last kinks on mounting the alternator