Register now to get rid of these ads!

Storm of the Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERCURYGUY, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Truckedup

Truckedup

2. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

a hair under 3 ft here...cool to look at, but hard on the plow vehicles

3. 20"-24" here in Bridgewater CT! Sucks big Time!Spent 7 hours with the snow blower on an 800' driveway. The plow would not cut it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Easy 24 inches here I couldn't open my doors, and I shoveled last night at 11:00

Attached Files:

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thankfully we didn't lose power. Got 27.5 inches here in central Mass but it's drifted halfway up my doors and windows. Spent 4 hours snowblowing the driveway. Sucks when the snow is higher than the chute on the snowblower! Gotta go back out and do the roofs now.

6. About a foot here in NJ just 8 miles outside NYC.

7. Dauphinee

Dauphinee
    from New York

Middleport, NY we got around 14-16 of the white fluffy stuff.

Yes winters are long and cold and the cruisin season is shortened but I will always take the snow over Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Tsunamis, Forest Fires and earth quakes. Or even the extreme heat most see in the summer months.

Best thing to do is sit inside with family and watch it melt.

Stay safe out there to those without power on the coast.

8. 27" by me in Islip Town... they do an unfuckingbelievably horrid job with the plows. They came by at some point last night. Snow was 18" up on my front storm door glass, a 4' drift on my deck.

I was out from 10:30 this morning to 3:30 with my boys shoveling and snowblowing. I blow it way out into the street, the plow came by about 2:30 and my method works.. no pile to deal with.

Bob

9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Ray, I'll be thinking of you as we are on our way (finally!) to Florida. My Pontiac is in the tent in the back yard which is now inaccessible because of the snow. The Dodge is at an offsite storage facility... so I went and sat in the Caddy as it is the only car I have access to. Can't wait for the rite of Spring when us North Easterners finally get to break their cars out of winter jail...

10. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

in ct got like 29 inchs pulled car out for pictures

Attached Files:

11. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Dusting in Carlisle, sure glad I got out of Ct. 7 years ago. To old to shovel. :)

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

We only got about 14 inches here in northern Westchester county. Spent the day plowing out friends and family. I'm ready to crack open a bottle of wine now.

Attached Files:

13. davedriveschevy

davedriveschevy

Dragged my balls all the way to the garage this am, and i have a 30 inch inseam. Had to put the chains on the plow truck just to get out of my own driveway. Oh and its still snowing like a bastard here.

14. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Best I could tell we got 17" here at my house in Westerrn Mass. Govenor closed all roads at 4:pM yesterday opened them west of RT91 at noon

15. it's 300 ft out to the barn, i wore snowshoes for the first time this year...working the clutch took some getting used to!

16. steve185

steve185

The storm is starting to wind down hear in New Brunswick. Not as much snow as in New England but lots of wind. I spent the afternoon in garage, welding the frame on my 32, listening to the wind howl all day.
    Steve

17. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I had my son come by and blow it, he does the same thing for the most part, some up on the lawn, but he was doing it at 7:00 this morning and the plow was coming down the block and he actually waited for him. It was a 2500 pick up not the big town trucks, but I still had to shovel out from the house and down the driveway because I had two cars parked up front.Just getting out the door was a pain because I had to keep using the door and pushing, then it would pack, eventually I could get my arm out the door and was able to push some then the shovel and then I was out.I was supposed to go up to Huntington today to help my buddy see what was worth keeping in the barn. Always next weekend.

18. slim tempo

slim tempo

31" here in Coventry. Damn this climate change!
    We were better off when we rode dinosaurs.

19. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Blizzard warning here in Northern Minnesota starting 6 a.m. Sunday morning. Some 12 or so inches predicted, but the winds are going to howl, and here in the flatlands of the Red River Valley that means trouble. Be safe, everyone, everywhere.

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

we got 16 inches of white global warming in ma , roads were so bad i had to stay 2 1/2 hours extra at work till the plows went through a few more passes , i miss my 4 x 4 . made for about a 20hr day the 4 1/2 hrs sleep and back to work again

21. Today was about 60 sunny and not fucked up at all!!! I grew up in that bullshit back in ct and MA.

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

pray for the sun to come out:)

23. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Over 30" in Manchester Ct Weatherman said 30-38" Damn !!!!

24. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i just got in about an hour ago, been out since 8 this morning. my little s-10 blazer plow truck didn't fair so well in the 4-5 drifts in my driveway. went about 4 feet and got stuck! had to call my buddy around the corner to come over with his payloader to help me out. saved the day, cleared the drive enough for me to finish it up. been shoveling with the wife and kid all day, i'm fuckin shot! now if they'll just finish the street i can take it to the shop to put a new clutch in it!

25. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Tough to tell how much snow cuz of the drifting...I'd guess 27-30". Luckily never lost power here un-like those folks near the coast where the snow was wet and heavy. On the south shore they had winds as high as 86 mph.

DSC01322.JPG

DSC01327.JPG

Drift about 5ft. deep on my back deck !!!

26. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Here's a couple pics of the 30" in my driveway. :eek:
    What a long day.

Attached Files:

27. Waking The Dead

Waking The Dead

I was out thursday night before the storm hit figuring if i am gonna get snowed in i better have plenty of car parts to keep me busy in the garage. So while all the crazy people were stocking up on bread and water i was wondering around getting parts for the falcon lol. I think i may have an issue lol

28. CruZer

CruZer

Only 12" here in western Mass. on the mountain. Still had to use the snowblower to make a path for my plow truck. Nice to have both !!!

29. 52HardTop

52HardTop

We're in the center corridor of the state. Numbers reported range from 30 to 36 inches. 36 inches to start. Drifts are easily 4 to 5 feet. So much snow and no place to put it. I was here for the 78 blizzard in Ct. That was a two day storm. This thing was a monster that dropped more snow in a shorter time. Amazing!

30. The town came by with one of their big trucks, all they had to do was make 1 more pass... slackers. I have a big driveway and parked 3 of our cars on one side of it. We had to go out the back door, front one is glass and couldn't push on that. I was supposed to go up to Huntington last night too, wound up on the couch with the remote.

10* here today, glad we got it done yesterday.

Bob