Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Model A pickup Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SJR, Jan 14, 2013.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1

Ya the cab plays a big part in the build of a truck.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

now that i can see pics it looks like a good start. Keep at it, dont cheat your way out on the cab and regret it later!

3. SJR

SJR

Ive played with model A s for the last 35 years, I can always replace the cab down the road, they are like big LEGOS, these parts will get it all together and usable, everything is replaceable after that, also I dont want this to drag out and be a project thay never seems to get done and gets barried in the shop, I want to start using this thing, and right now I have the time it needs to make it happen

4. Not too sure about that 4 cyl. You say its got more hp, well that may be true, but the Model A banger and the flattie V8 had way more torque, and torque is what counts on the street. Horsepower dont mean nothin. Hope it works for you.

5. Nitro Breath

Nitro Breath
    BANNED
    from Eugene, OR

I built a '31 pickup from the frame up (pics attached) and you have a great start there. I can't wait to see how you proceed! I've also restored many A fenders and it's really fun bringing them back from the dead.

You know, if all I had were a cowl, I'd make a woody body to attach to it, like below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  6. SJR

SJR

Made some progress on the cab, enuf to figure out th rear now, looks like a 6" extended cab

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres a swipe from the net, this color Im thinkin on with black or dark blue fenders

[​IMG]

next is to figur out the rear axle setup and spring mount and frame with a 2x2 tow hitch,

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I think it can be pulled off. You have to have the curves right to be somewhat convincing. To easy to square everything off and lose it...Good luck and thanks for sharing

8. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Can't wait to see more progress.. Subscribed.

9. SJR

SJR

Ill get some new pics up for ya

10. SJR

SJR

made a little more progress since last post, got the cab in place, made the back from a Chevy Suburban roof I had squired away, trimmed down the doors to fit, got a seat from a Doge mini van the reart seat, did some work on the bed, the rear crossbar was totally rusted, capped the bottom and added a new crossbar 1-1/2 x 2 ' I think, I like how its coming together,

P1060770.JPG

P1060880.JPG

P1060883.JPG

P1060884.JPG

P1060885.JPG

11. SJR

SJR

12. SJR

SJR

picked up a few parts today from a guy down south , now maybe I can construct a proper cab , pretty ruff, still need parts above doors and 2 better doors would be a plus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: