Register now to get rid of these ads!

OEM molded rubber floor for 1954 Chevy Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasalley, Feb 8, 2013.

1. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Hello all, i have researched on here and the world and cannot find the front oem molded rubber floor for my 54 chevy. Anybody have any info on these or is just going to be luck that i find one?

thanks...

Michael-

2. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Ok, how about this....... anybody have a nos molded rubber floor lying around collecting dust? I really want to replace this because it will match my utility floor in the back (no back seat).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

M-

3. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

4. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Yes Checkerwagon, but for my car, not a truck.

5. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Search JCWHITNEY.COM look for Lloyd mats and RUBBER TITE Bill aka Tnomoldw
    ''I wanna go where the lights are low where I can go'n spend my dough an dance with the dolly with the wooden leg'' :eek:

6. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Thanks for the info, but i really want the OEM mat. I may be out of luck........

M-

7. ev88f

ev88f

the carshop has one listed in their catalog

8. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Thanks! Ill check it out.........

M-

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It's for 55-57 only. I just seen that the other day

10. gas pumper

gas pumper

How much difference between a 54 and a 55 front floorpan? If the 54 is a little narrower that would be good. How's the hump on a 55 compared to a 54?

And , on the AMBR thread the Woodard RPU guys said they made a rubber floor mat all contoured to fit and showed pictures of it. It looked very good and had more detail in it than you would think is possible on a on-off piece. I don't have any idea how they did it.

11. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Not sure on that gas pumper. Does the 55 clutch and brake pedals come through the floor or are they mounted under the dash? I don't mind cutting one down if i have two, as long as it fits close to stock........

M-

12. 1953naegle

1953naegle

I'm bringing up this old thread as I'm looking for the same as the OP. I'd like to put in a door to door rubber floor mats in both my 53' chevy 2100 4-dr and my 54' chevy 2100 in the front with carpet in the back like they were from factory. I intend to drive them regularly and think the OEM would be much more practical/durable than carpet and loose floor mats. I put carpet in my 53' 15 years ago and havn't been impressed with how it's worn.

Does anyone know if the floors in the 49-52 chevys were close enough, as I can still find floor mats for them? I know their firewalls were nearly the same. Not sure about the tunel or overall width.

13. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

its the little details...devil that is....

1953naegle likes this.
  14. 1953naegle

1953naegle

Couple things: I got a good used 49-52 floor mat that looks right. I'm going to clean it up and see how it fits.

I also heard back from National Chevy that the new 49-52 mats are no longer available....

15. 1953naegle

1953naegle

The 49-52 mat fit perfectly! It has a few cracks and tears, but after a liberal bath in armor-all, I think I can get another decade or few out of it.

That at least opens up the field of search for my other car and anyone else looking for a front floor mat. 49 thru 54 are interchangeable.