Register now to get rid of these ads!

LITTLE RICHARD Headlines 2013 VIVA LAS VEGAS Car Show ~ FREE for Car & Driver!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jun 23, 2012.

1. HotRodGirl40

HotRodGirl40

We are stoked to be making the trip down with you...it's going to be awesome!

2. flatheadfreakv8

flatheadfreakv8

I will be there< always a great time in Vegas

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Seems like a good group coming down from Alberta !

4. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Can't believe we're 3 months away. Looking forward to our yearly sunburns , Rog

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Over a dozen cars are registering per day. Those interested I guarantee you'll have a ball.
    Check out www.vivalasvegas.net for more info ! Thanks

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

This year, Viva Las Bowling is proud to announce that the dynamic duo Dave Wolfe and Eva Strangelove will be MC'ing the event as we take over the entire Bowling Center on Friday, March 29th from 11am to 6pm!
    Full 4-day Viva Las Vegas and 4-day car show wristband holders are invited to come up and get 2 games of bowling, shoe rental and a hot dog for an easy 5 bucks!
    Prizes will be awarded for everything from a simple strike to the high-score for the day – so hang out and claim the big prizes at the end of the event!
    The Sailor Jerry Crew will be hanging out as well and remember if one of those ladies throw a gutter ball, you get a Sailor Jerry Gutter Shot!
    In-case you’re wondering - anyone who is in town is welcome to come up and check out the unique vendors and sponsor booths that will be on hand – so bring a friend even if they do not have a wristband!
    Folks without wristbands can bowl as well, but will pay the regular house rates. If there is a waitlist, wristband holders will have priority. But that will give you a chance to grab a drink, a bite to eat and some time to go shopping!!
    Shine up your ball – it’s gonna be a blast from the past!
    BREAKING
    VIVA LAS BOWLING NEWS!!!!

We’re putting together a
    TOURNAMENT
    with
    CASH
    payouts!

So get your team(s) of four together from your Car Club, circle of friends or set up a double date.
    Team members must have either a full 4day Wristband or a 4day Car Show Wristband.

Viva Las Vegas Bowling Tournament
    Date: The Viva Las Vegas Bowling Tournament will take place on March 29, 2013 at 12:00 P.M. at the Orleans Bowling Center. Walk in entries will be accepted up until 11:00 A.M. on March 29, 2013 at which time entries will close.
    Entry fee will be $40.00 per team of four if purchased on-line by March 1, 2013. The tournament entry after March 1st, will be $60.00. Purchase tickets on-line at********.
    Prizes will be received by 1 out of every 10 teams entered.
    Format of the event will be as follows: This will be a team event with 4 bowlers per team. All 4 bowlers must be present to be eligible for prizes. Teams will bowl 2 games and the field will be cut to the top 4 teams. Those 4 teams will then bowl 1 game and the top 2 teams will advance to the championship round.
    This will be a handicapped event. The handicap will be 80% of 200 and will be based on 1 of the 2 games bowled in the qualifying round. The bowling center will determine, by drawing, which of the first two games will be used for handicapping purposes. The handicap will then be based on that games scores and teams will use that handicap for the remainder of the tournament.
    Eligibility to enter the tournament is open to anyone that has purchased a full 4-day Viva Las Vegas or 4-day car show wrist band.
    Shoe rental is not included in entry fee. But, for an additional $5 participants can purchase a coupon good for shoe rental and a hot dog or slice of cheese pizza.
    This tournament will not be sanctioned by the USBC

7. Laura is going to try to put a Lonely Knights girls team together for the bowling ! Am sure we can "SPARE" them for the afternoon to wreak havoc in the bowling center......

Johnnie.

8. HotRodGirl40

HotRodGirl40

Looking soooo forward to it!!!!! ;):)

9. Skam213

Skam213

i'll be there, maybe I'll meet a few of ya in person!

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Sounds great

11. Molina

Molina

A lil over 2 months away. Lookin forward to helping you guys then watching Dick Dale - king of the surf guitar !

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Johnnie, Bowling teams are signing up and its almost filled up. If the girls want to register have them do it soon.

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Going!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Rockabilly M68

Rockabilly M68

Got it booked!!! Woohooooo!!!! Can't wait to see Dick Dale!!!

15. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

I wish viva would get over hiring the biggest stars from 50 yrs ago. There too freakin old to play!

16. Rockabilly M68

Rockabilly M68

YouTube "Dick Dale". Sounds pretty good to me! And I'm only 36!

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

When is the last time you saw Dick Dale or Little Richard perform? You might just be pleasantly surprised.

18. 54jalopy

54jalopy
    from Australia

Theres a whole bunch of West Aussie hepcats heading that way!

19. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Saw some pics of this show last year before I moved here to Kingman Az. It was on my list before I put the moving truck in gear to get here. Gonna ck out "Midnight at the Oasis" in Yuma 3/1 and Viva Las Vegas at the end of the month. Sadly I wont have my car , the engine is out right now.

20. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

A couple of months out gents ;)

21. Always the highlight of my time at Viva Las Vegas! Already thinking about hot rod songs to spin, too...

Hey, Axle! When are you gonna be a guest on my radio program so we can yak about the Car Show on the air?

Maybe even give away some passes!!!

22. Another Canadian heading down...is there a list of the times and places all the bands are playing?

23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi,
    When you arrive be sure to pick up an official program which will have the entire weekends schedule.

24. Was hoping to plan around when I am there prior to getting there...not sure if I can hit all the days or just one or two, trying to weigh my options prior to getting there.

25. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

I normally say if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it . but when it comes to these two dingbats I have to ... I will never waiste a dime or time on Dick Dale or Little Richard ... they both suck. I have good reason Ill not bore you with . I will never go to one of their shows again. Id rather get dental work. speaking of which I will make an appt to get my wisdom teeth pulled the day they play.

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I got to say that the new VLV "app" this year for scheduling and reminding me about event times is killer! I think it is going to be a big help in not missing stuff like we usually do.

27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I just printed my tickets for Saturday. I wont be able to make the whole ruckus but I cant wait to see Dick Dale and all the rest.
    He was my inspiration for guitar when I was a youte.
    I never got any good but it was a blast.
    I used to see him at a dive on Beach Boulevard in the early 70's.

28. Thanks for the tip! Found the info I was looking for!

29. Molina

Molina

Saw Dick Dale in San Jose and he still smokes on that guitar !

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gLVryvCs2W4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. hey man! saw your car in hot rod magazine! at the west coast kustoms crusin nationals, ANOTHER event i missed, i gotta get my babe up and running so i can start bringing her to these kind of things.