Register now to get rid of these ads!

hit by car, pray for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostforawhile, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was hit by a car when i was a kid. I know its no picnic. Hang in there. Prayers are sent for a speedy and full recovery.

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

My wife's boss took a tumble on his bike back in November. He had his helmet on. No cars or other bikes involved, but weirdly his chain broke and he somehow flew off the bike and landed very badly. Even though he had his helmet on, he got a very bad head injury and was in ICU for a couple weeks. Almost didn't make it apparently. Helmet and no car involved and just on a normal ride and he still almost bit the dust. But, if he didn't have the helmet, I'm guessing he most likely would have never even made it to the hospital. He somehow was miraculously back on his feet and at work by the end of the year though. We even when to his house for a holiday party and you would never even have known he had an accident, let alone one that serious.
    Wish the same for you. Take it easy and get well soon.

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

I hope the OP makes a full recovery,your wife needs you at home.... I was on the other side many years ago when I clocked a pedestrian so hard it knocked him out of his shoes and he came flying over the hood of my car breaking off the radio antenna. Actually I clipped his lady friend also,she only lost one shoe. He was gonna sue the shit outta me,from that point on the townies called him "Limping Louie".....It was ruled an accident,no ones fault really,stuff happens sometimes and you have to move on.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Im glad that so many people understand, whether its old cars or bikes I hate it when something is destroyed, you put a lot of time in something thats junk, make it work again and some careless person hits you and ruins it worried about me too but also sick about the bike, there's something special about a brazed handmade schwinn road bike,

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

It makes. Me scared to finish my car, its way off topic for here, but its got ten years of work in it already

6. onebigdog

onebigdog
    from ca

Praying for you to have a speedy recovery from your injuries. Keep us updated as to your progress. Good luck. From Nor-Cal.

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I ride an old schwinn too (and other bikes) and sharing the road with oblivious drivers is a scary thing at times. I started riding for my health too. Hope you get compensated and heal fast. Sorry to hear about your bike!

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man sorry to hear that, if it is any assurance for you I broke my back in 5 places L4-5 and T10-11-12. I recovered quite well from it, I wont be a SF Soldier anymore but I can live and work a normal job.
    So stay tough man, it's not over until the fat lady sings!!

Doc.

9. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Hang in there and praying for a speedy recovery!! All the best from the UK.

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Damn that sucks,I got smashed between two cars at the local gas station many years ago while sitting on my bike talking to the mechanic Some old lady that lived down the street said her foot slipped off the brake pedal, I got a couple bruises and damaged the bike a little but nothing serious. Can not remember if I got any money out of it.

11. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I know how you feel. I broke my back in two places about three years ago and had to wear a full body brace for six months. After a while I was able to walk with it on but had to wear it whenever I was sitting or standing. I couldn't take a bath or shower or even wipe my own ass. I hope you don't have to go through it for that long. Good luck.

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

He said I can take it off to shower and stuff but have to wear it otherwise

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Holy crap!! Hope for a speedy recovery!! Prayers sent.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had to wear a back brace after a bad car wreck for a few months and it was not fun so just take it easy which will be very hard to do.

15. cw

cw
    from Midland

Father, Please let this friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. Give him strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in his life and also in mine. We ask in Jesus name. Amen

16. Fenders

Fenders

that'll look good in front of the jury, and I'm sure your lawyer told you to get a neck brace...

Your presence of mind in getting to a lawyer so quickly after getting hit is commendable.

17. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

As much as I admire old cars, bikes, etc..........etc........nothing is more important than life itself. It is far better that you survived and that you are on the road to recovery. Don't concern yourself with the bike or even the car. Focus on you and your road to wellness.
    May God bless you, heal you, and guide you.

18. STREETREBEL

STREETREBEL

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Don't need a neck brace my neck is ok the x rays of my spine are enough

20. swissmike

swissmike

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

21. I will get on this A.S.A.P.

God bless man...

22. Prayer sent.

I can empathize. I rolled a 64 Fairlane tudor, nearly end over end....snapped the steering wheel with my leg and screwed up my back....was in a brace for weeks.

23. 62cadd

62cadd

Recover homie..

24. models916

models916

Head-on? Who was driving in the wrong lane?

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wow what a shitty deal, prayers sent..good luck on everything

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  26. txturbo

txturbo

you know....this exactly the kind of thing the other guys insurance company is hoping to find

27. Yep.

As much as we all wish you well, if I was you (OP), I'd ask the admins to delete this thread.

And don't talk about it publicly like this until you've resolved everything.

I've only had to retain a lawyer once...when a city bulldozer creamed me in one of my old cars and wanted to pay me $500 for it. The lawyer told me to stay off of any sort of social media about it.

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Must not have gotten to a good one though as I can only imagine the first thing out of any decent lawyer's mouth would to be keep any mention of it off the internet and let them handle any and all communication about it public or private from there out.

I second the motion to ask the mods. if you can get this thread deleted. I'm not seeing a single thing here that can be used to your advantage. Can't say the same vise versa though.

Prepare yourself to have the other side request to have all your social media user names and passwords given to them. I'm guessing that is almost a default request these days. Deleting the thread at this point might already be water under the bridge with webpage archive searches and someone who knows what to look for.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  29. FRYE66

FRYE66

Your in our prayers, if everyone got up every morning and did what was right all day long we wouldn't need lawyers!

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do. I see a bunch of people praying for his recovery. Perhaps you don't believe that prayer works, but I know different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.